Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
But Baalke has traded up. Perhaps he trades up five or so spots. That's doable.

after the top 20 only the texans will be needing a WR if 2 WR out of floyd wright or hill are there stay put

if not and we really like one of those guys we have to trade up to 25
Patriots too

no way not in the first

they have a horrible secondary and have horrible pass rush they already got welker

1st round WR is not a need for them maybe in 2nd or 3rd but they have to go D in first couple picks

This. I see them picking Whitney Mercilus

I was gonna say, I think they select a pass-rusher in the 1st after thinking about it.
i hope hes the pick. he has all the tools to become our #1 that we've been dreaming of since T.O. left town.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Stephen Hill is a 'project' player with tons of boom already waiting to be displayed, but the 49ers are now a team that can actually DEVELOP these types of players from the start (so they may bloom into pro bowlers). -I think he could be really special under our watch.

Completely agree. Would really like to see Hill drafted by the 49ers to see what Harbaugh and Roman could do with this kid.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope hes the pick. he has all the tools to become our #1 that we've been dreaming of since T.O. left town.

heard that before
i am getting buzzed about hill like i did when vernon davis wowed at the combine---so i hope the niners take him, if they cant get michael floyd (would have to trade up for floyd, maybe hill too)

nevertheless in looking some of the hill highlites i noticed that the georgia tech offense is so unique that it created chances for hill to get open--in the north carolina game twice the cornerback opposite hill ran in towards the line at the snap,to play the run as hill ran by him..the safety couldnt get over and hill got two long gainers

other times he just ran by defenders who were trying to cover him, so im still on the hill express
Originally posted by jreff22:

heard that before
the difference is this time its not Otis Amey lol. this guys is fast, huge and can be a legit target. his YPC is very good

heard that before
the difference is this time its not Otis Amey lol. this guys is fast, huge and can be a legit target. his YPC is very good
Sac State FTMFW!!!!!!!
Originally posted by ninertico:

heard that before
Sac State FTMFW!!!!!!!

i went to sac state. f**k sac state lol
I was looking at his video on NFL.com for the combine. Hill is raw. H is big, and big vast vertical target. However watching him routes w/o his pads, he is not good at coming out of his breaks. Things like down and in or out, buttons and curls he takes to much time coming out of to much choppy steps.

Post and Fly, slants, these are his limitations it seems. However like the QB's there alsways runs on a position and they get selected before there worth.
Hill works out in front of three NFL coaches at Ga. Tech pro day
By Gil Brandt

Stephen Hill continued his meteoric rise up the draft boards with a fantastic workout at Georgia Tech's pro day Thursday.

Hill (6-foot-3 3/4, 209 pounds) lit it up, as he went through drills in front of 20 teams. Falcons head coach Mike Smith was there along with Bears coach Lovie Smith and Vikings coach Leslie Frazier. Bills GM Buddy Nix was there to get a look at Hill, too. When you have three head coaches and a GM show up to a pro day, usually there's consideration for a first-round pick. I would say Hill has gone from somebody who was not very well known to a first-round player.

Hill stood on all of his combine numbers, and caught balls from QB Eric Ward, who used to play for the University of Richmond and was brought in for the school's pro day. It was a smart move by them to bring in Ward.

I didn't include Hill on my first "Hot 100″ list, but he rose to No. 44 on my second list and he was No. 32 on my third. The best thing Hill did was work out with former NFL WR Terance Mathis at the IMG Academy. Mathis taught Hill how to run routes and took him from a person who was a straight-line streak WR to a guy who can really throttle down and catch the ball.

Eight players in all participated in Georgia Tech's pro day.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/08/hill-works-out-in-front-of-3-nfl-coaches-at-ga-tech-pro-day/

1st things 1st, Gil needs to get his heights/weights correct. Hill weighed in at 215 and was 6'4 at the combine. So Gil's stats are off. Not a big deal, just saying.

2nd, I already knew he'd been working with Mathis, but I absolutely love reading it. Shows he's a hard worker and sees where he needs to improve and isn't afraid to go out and put the work in to get better.

heard that before

cough...crabtree...cough

heard that before

cough...crabtree...cough

Crabtree was never considered fast, he's 6'1 so not "huge" and Crabtree averaged 14.6 YPC as a frosh and 12.0 YPC as a Soph. I wouldn't put him in the "YPC is very good" category. Blackmon is the guy I would compare to Crabtree.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

heard that before

cough...crabtree...cough

Crabtree was never considered fast, he's 6'1 so not "huge" and Crabtree averaged 14.6 YPC as a frosh and 12.0 YPC as a Soph. I wouldn't put him in the "YPC is very good" category. Blackmon is the guy I would compare to Crabtree.

he has all the tools to become our #1 that we've been dreaming of since T.O. left town

This is what was said when we got Crabs
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Draft-Is-Stephen-Hill-more-than-a-vertical-threat.html

Originally posted by Travisty13:

Wouldn't be the 1st 6'4 220 pound guy who ran a sub 4.4 to fail though.

Tyrone Calico says hi.
Share 49ersWebzone