LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

David Wilson, RB - VTech declares

He will be a first round candidate or early second. We don't need him. He runs "small". i.e. you wouldn't guess he was over 200. He doesn't hit holes and he doesn't fight for yards. He has great speed but doesn't burst in the hole. I'm a huge tech fan and I've watched this kid waste his potential in so many games. He is going to have a tough time transitioning to the NFL. We also have a lite burner in Hunter. We need someone who can help gore with the pounding. we can find a back in the third. I'm willing to take a project at wideout or get deep at TE before we a RB in the early rounds. Hunter is producing well and Gore is still hodling up. We should draft a back this year but not before the 3rd.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by susweel:
I wish we were in the market for a RB. He's one of my favorite players in the draft

We are in the market for a RB, our tank is getting broken down.

I doubt they would draft a RB early. I think Wilson would be a great compliment to Hunter's running game

I agree but if Fleener, Hill and Wright are by some ungodly force off the board by 30 I wouldn't bat an eyelash if we picked an RB right there, an OLB is more likely but I wouldn't be surprised one bit.
Originally posted by sfout:
I agree but if Fleener, Hill and Wright are by some ungodly force off the board by 30 I wouldn't bat an eyelash if we picked an RB right there, an OLB is more likely but I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

I wonder who the BPA will be by thr time we're picking. Re-signing Brooks crosses off a huge need.

OG/WR/BPA
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I wonder who the BPA will be by thr time we're picking. Re-signing Brooks crosses off a huge need.

OG/WR/BPA

for real that Brooks signing was nuts, IMO BPA now goes to OG/RB/TE/OLB/CB in that order.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
for real that Brooks signing was nuts, IMO BPA now goes to OG/RB/TE/OLB/CB in that order.

no.... wr/og/cb/te/rb/olb... in that order. did you forget we have no wr's...id even swith te and rb on mine cuz frank and hunter good for atleast one more year. we signed brooks no need for an olb now where near first round.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
no.... wr/og/cb/te/rb/olb... in that order. did you forget we have no wr's...id even swith te and rb on mine cuz frank and hunter good for atleast one more year. we signed brooks no need for an olb now where near first round.

if you read 5 posts earlier we are discussing what would happen if their were no WRs worth the 30th pick available at 30 who would we take. Randle and Jeffery aren't locks to go in the top 40 any more. Unless we trade back I will freak out if we reach for a WR if Floyd, Wright and Hill are gone by our pick.
Looked good at the Combine.
so since we signed moss and say we sign another receiver such as meachem, coldston, or garcon...do we pick him up with our #30?

gore is getting old and ive heard really good things about wilson so why not upgrade our running game with our first pick
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
so since we signed moss and say we sign another receiver such as meachem, coldston, or garcon...do we pick him up with our #30?

gore is getting old and ive heard really good things about wilson so why not upgrade our running game with our first pick

depends on if we re-sign morgan, if we do then we already have 1,2,3 in crabs, morgan, moss so whoever we draft would be a mid to late round developmental prospect for sure. At that pont yes I would definitely shoot for either BPA RB or CB(I dont think we re-sign Rogers)

If we dont re-sign morgan then I could see us still drafting Kendall Wright or Stephen Hill in the 1st.
nope..Robert Turbin is the guy we need

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by martysofresh:

i second that. i dont think we will take Miller or Wilson, itll either be Doug Martin or Turbin.

i second that. i dont think we will take Miller or Wilson, itll either be Doug Martin or Turbin.

yea id really like doug martin! dude is a beast!!!
Sign him
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

yea id really like doug martin! dude is a beast!!!

yeahh, Doug Martin is my second chocie if Turbin is gone.
Compare Turbin to Trent Richardson physically though. I was checking out some things with one of my friends and I truly believe the only difference in Trent Richardson being the number 1 and Turbin being a third rounder is the schools, conferences and the systems. Richardson is 5'9 and 228 and ran a 4.52. Turbin is 5'10 and 222 and ran a 4.50 (unofficial 4.44). Plus he can catch, not only swings and flats, but slants and post routes. (Clearly Ive sone alot of research on Turbin lol) I will be truly heartbrolen if somebody else gets him before we do
  • sfout
  • Veteran
yeahh, Doug Martin is my second chocie if Turbin is gone.
Compare Turbin to Trent Richardson physically though. I was checking out some things with one of my friends and I truly believe the only difference in Trent Richardson being the number 1 and Turbin being a third rounder is the schools, conferences and the systems. Richardson is 5'9 and 228 and ran a 4.52. Turbin is 5'10 and 222 and ran a 4.50 (unofficial 4.44). Plus he can catch, not only swings and flats, but slants and post routes. (Clearly Ive sone alot of research on Turbin lol) I will be truly heartbrolen if somebody else gets him before we do

yep he even played some sort of slot receiver role in in his 1st year or 2. very talent kid.
Share 49ersWebzone