LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Walter football, you've lost my respect...

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
And he gets FAT. The kind of fat that has your spare tire showing through your uniform early in the season. If he looks like that in his early twenties, he will just get fatter as his metabolism slows down. I think that indicates a scary lack of work ethic (esoecially since it was at the start of his last year before the NFL), and those guys generally bust out. I hope someone takes him early so the real players all slide one spot closer to us.

This, how do you allow yourself to get fat as a WR, especially when you're auditioning for your future career? I don't think anyone believes that this guy getting well-paid is all of the sudden going to result in a major burst of motivation. Bust City here we come.

For those who haven't watched him, guess which one he is.

Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Ya 3 months before the draft. Who's rising and falling right now is completely irrelevant. You're argument was that Jeffery is slow and that he's "a handful". He is predicted to run the same 40 as AJ Green and the scouting report I just posted specifically says he has no red flags to speak of. I agree that Green was a better prospect because he is more polished and a little faster, but that's why Jeffery could very well be there for us at 30. You can't hold it against him that Mike Williams also had great hands, size, and athleticism. Mike Williams also was notorious in the NFL for not putting in the work to be great

AJ Green had tremendous hands and body control and coordination that allowed him to track the ball with an amazing radius, all while going full speed. He's explosive, fast, which all shows up on tape.

If Jeffery runs a sub 4.5 then it's just Jason Hill speed garbage. I have yet to see him break away from defenders to the end zone, he always gets caught from behind and looks slow in any highlight video.

Jeffery's best assets are his tremendous hands and body control...

What body contorl lol.
I wrote Walter about that...he doesn't have a very high opinion of Goldson. I told him I saw every Niner game, and Dashon really stepped up his game this year. At any rate, I totally agree with his 1st rd pick, WR Jeffery. Instead of CB Boykin in the 2nd, I'd go w/Fleener to get our receiving corps where it needs to be. Overall, Walter's got one of the best mock sites around, IMHO. He's willing to listen to sound rationale for other picks, at least he's been that way with me.
We do need a safety because we got no depth. I would love a ball hawking safety that is superfast. But Whitner and Goldson are a good team.
Bump...

Does anybody look at Charlie's drafts?? they're real more realistic than Walter's IMO..In Charlie's draft here's how it went down for us:

1. Peter Konz C Wisconsin
2. Tommy Streeter WR Miami
3. Jared Crick DL Nebraska
4. Brandon Brooks OL Miami (OH)

Much more realistic and it fills our needs..we can let Rachal and Snyder walk and let Konz and Brooks compete for RG until Goodwin's contract is up and we can move Konz to C and have Brooks at RG..that OL would be Nasty! Also if it does go down like this lets hope were able to Resign Ahmad Brooks and Carlos Rogers otherwise we'd have to find replacements for them..
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Bump...

Does anybody look at Charlie's drafts?? they're real more realistic than Walter's IMO..In Charlie's draft here's how it went down for us:

Much more realistic and it fills our needs..we can let Rachal and Snyder walk and let Konz and Brooks compete for RG until Goodwin's contract is up and we can move Konz to C and have Brooks at RG..that OL would be Nasty! Also if it does go down like this lets hope were able to Resign Ahmad Brooks and Carlos Rogers otherwise we'd have to find replacements for them..

Don't forgt about Kilgore at RG. Reportedly, coaches are high on him
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Bump...

not bad. But would mean we retain Goldson, Brooks and Rogers, which I believe is unlikely.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Don't forgt about Kilgore at RG. Reportedly, coaches are high on him

This is true I forget about Kilgore sometimes! but maybe we could switch Brooks and take another Corner or DE/OLB..not sure who would be the BPA at the time but maybe something like that could go down

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
not bad. But would mean we retain Goldson, Brooks and Rogers, which I believe is unlikely.

As much as that would suck you're right..for some reason though I see us losing Brooks.
Share 49ersWebzone