LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Walter football, you've lost my respect...

Lots of new members in this thread.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
WalterFootball is a decent site and I only really look through it for their rankings on certain positions, never usually the mocks mainly because he makes weird excuses for placing some players with certain teams.

When he can't come up for reasons on why he is grading them negatively he just writes "WHO THE HELL IS < INSERT NAME HERE >?!?!?!" Drives me nuts. Just saw that under Ronnie Hillman, RB from SDSU. The guy led the MWC in rushing for 2 years; 3200 overall and led the nation in rushing his freshman year with 1700 and top 5 this year with the 1500. Also top 10 in TDs both years. He just finished his sophomore year in terms of eligibility but I think he is leaving because his QB Ryan Lindley is going into the draft as well.

I mainly use Walt to look up players and see what they think will happen in the later rounds but sometimes they're frustrating.
Originally posted by sfout:
WalterFootball is a decent site and I only really look through it for their rankings on certain positions, never usually the mocks mainly because he makes weird excuses for placing some players with certain teams.

When he can't come up for reasons on why he is grading them negatively he just writes "WHO THE HELL IS < INSERT NAME HERE >?!?!?!" Drives me nuts. Just saw that under Ronnie Hillman, RB from SDSU. The guy led the MWC in rushing for 2 years; 3200 overall and led the nation in rushing his freshman year with 1700 and top 5 this year with the 1500. Also top 10 in TDs both years. He just finished his sophomore year in terms of eligibility but I think he is leaving because his QB Ryan Lindley is going into the draft as well.

I mainly use Walt to look up players and see what they think will happen in the later rounds but sometimes they're frustrating.

Dude, you and I seriously think alike. Another example is how he has the Bengals draft only players with off the field issues. That kind of reasoning gets real old.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

Dude, you and I seriously think alike. Another example is how he has the Bengals draft only players with off the field issues. That kind of reasoning gets real old.

lmao yea we follow the same kind of reasoning. At least they don't have us drafting Ryan Tannehill like half the mocks out there, I'd love the kid but damn we have an amazing bridge QB in alex and Kaep and Tolzien waiting in the wings. Why would we draft QB in the first.
Originally posted by KSchuerman:
Originally posted by English:
Only accessed through iPhone but looked to me like they were only criticising the free safeties. And as they were suggesting using a 4th round pick (IIRC), they aren't really assigning it that high a level of priority.

Chill!

Lol im chill, the suggested a 4th round pick would make up for goldsons poor play

I think Goodson was a fourth rounder if that makes you feel better
Im a fan of goldson but i will agree to say he has holes in his game. Too say he hasent played well with 6 picks hard hits all year forced fumbles, and solid tackles just makes me laugh. Im not but hurt just funny how people get payed to do this stuff.

There are plenty of guys on the WZ who think he sucks. Guys were literly listing 20 safetys they think are better in the Goldson thread....
Never lost mine, cause Ive never had respect for this site. They have no idea of what any teams needs are, they are like Kiper and McShay, only Kiper and McShay actually know stuff. My favorite guy is Mayock.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Im a fan of goldson but i will agree to say he has holes in his game. Too say he hasent played well with 6 picks hard hits all year forced fumbles, and solid tackles just makes me laugh. Im not but hurt just funny how people get payed to do this stuff.

There are plenty of guys on the WZ who think he sucks. Guys were literly listing 20 safetys they think are better in the Goldson thread....

I don't think he is a top 10 safety, and he will want top 5 money.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I don't think he is a top 10 safety, and he will want top 5 money.

he is arguably a top 10 saftey

but we could use an upgrade i would rather have a more fundementally sound saftey than a playmaker like goldson
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I gotta say I do like picks 2 and 4 though. I'd take Iloka, I think hes got some pretty good ball skills and range to take over if Goldson leaves.

The mock looks pretty good to me, even though I want some more weapons. What is with the Boise State love though? Both Winn and Iloka are out of the Blue Turf. Furthermore, is there not any talent for us from a MAJOR program? UNC, Boise State, FIU? At least UNC plays in real conference.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

Zach Brown OLB
Billy Winn DE/DT
T.Y. Hilton WR
George Iloka S
Originally posted by Boulderdash:
The mock looks pretty good to me, even though I want some more weapons. What is with the Boise State love though? Both Winn and Iloka are out of the Blue Turf. Furthermore, is there not any talent for us from a MAJOR program? UNC, Boise State, FIU? At least UNC plays in real conference.

Zach Brown OLB
Billy Winn DE/DT
T.Y. Hilton WR
George Iloka S

I like the 1st 2 picks, though I want a WR in there over one of those picks, probably DL.

Hilton is more a returner to me.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Boulderdash:

Zach Brown OLB
Billy Winn DE/DT
T.Y. Hilton WR
George Iloka S

lmao the acc is the exact same as the MWC in terms of football.

Zach Brown is 4 - 3 OLB no idea why they want us to take him.

2 - 4 in terms of positions make the most sense, not necessarily players.
more stupidity.

San Francisco 49ers: Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame The 49ers have a great defense, but their one main weakness is at free safety. Neither Dashon Goldson nor Madieu Williams has played well this year.

Apparrently the 6 picks and a pro bowl nod isnt good play for Goldson,
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
more stupidity.

San Francisco 49ers: Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame The 49ers have a great defense, but their one main weakness is at free safety. Neither Dashon Goldson nor Madieu Williams has played well this year.

Apparrently the 6 picks and a pro bowl nod isnt good play for Goldson,

a couple poor tackle attempts means a completely lost season remember!!! lol

As long as we re-sign Goldson we can afford to wait until late day 2 maybe day 3 for FS
Share 49ersWebzone