There are 180 users in the forums

Alshon Jeffrery, WR, South Carolina

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by sfout:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/alshon-jeffery-timed-in-4-4-4-5-range-at-pro-day/

Jeffery participated in the Gamecocks' Pro Day on Wednesday, however, and may have helped his draft stock. Scouts on hand timed his forty-yard dash in the high-4.4 to low-4.5 range, according to Kevin Weidl of ESPN Scouts Inc. SI.com's Tony Pauline had Jeffery at 4.55 on his first run. Jeffery also weighed in at 213, down three pounds from his Combine weigh-in.

He's clearly prioritized losing weight during the offseason.

Per the Gamecocks' sports website, Jeffery registered a 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump and 36.5-inch vertical leap. They're both solid if unspectacular measurements for a 6-foot-3, 213-pound receiver.

some #s are out.

why are some people on this board saying he ran a sub 4.4?

Sounds like he ran between a mid 4.4 to low 4.5 which is at what I expected. If he ran at the combine he probably would have had a mid to high 4.5 time.

first unofficial time was 4.38, reportedly. but I am still happy as hell about a 4.45-4.5 lol
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM ]
So, after the pro-day... Do we pick him at 30? IMO Fleener and Hill will be gone.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
So, after the pro-day... Do we pick him at 30? IMO Fleener and Hill will be gone.

if you dont have Hill, Fleener or Wright then I think it goes to Jeffery for sure. I think Kilgore will be our starting guard with a year or 2(conveniently I've seen a few 2nd year 5th round OL start and play well so I'll try and find them again. So with Kilgore and likely FA addition of L. Davis I dont think our OL is a bigger need compared to play makers at WR/TE
Solid but not spectacular workout for Jeffery. Still think he belongs in the second or third tier of WR prospects.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Solid but not spectacular workout for Jeffery. Still think he belongs in the second or third tier of WR prospects.

I don't really see any basis for having him in the 2nd tier of receiver prospects. The only thing negative for Jeffery was the stigma of uncertainty. He had to prove something, and he did. Now he's right with every other receiver in that now he just has to show that when he goes to the NFL, he carries this all with him.. which you can say about any player in the entire draft. So, you can't knock him for having the same risk of any player in the draft now.

I have never been a big Jeffery fan, but he has shown plenty to eliminate my concerns.

We'll need to see what the rest of Jeffery's workout numbers are, but so far, he has matched a lot of Michael Floyd's.

MICHAEL FLOYD

40 time: 4.47
Broad Jump: 10'2"
Bench: 16 reps
Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
Shuttle: DID NOT RUN
3-cone: DID NOT RUN

ALSHON JEFFERY
40 time: 4.47-4.55
Broad Jump: 10'2"
Bench: ?
Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
Shuttle: ?
3-cone: ?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

It's a tough one. I like Jeffery but given the fact that he let himself go (fat) even once puts him into the second round. If Fleener and Hill are gone, I'd rather trade back mid second round and focus on our one remaining hole which is RG and then pick up Criner, Quick or Streeter in the later rounds.
still dont want him what happens when hes a millionaire and its the offseason? does he come into tc weighing 230 plus? i'll consider him in the 2nd
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
still dont want him what happens when hes a millionaire and its the offseason? does he come into tc weighing 230 plus? i'll consider him in the 2nd

Jamarcus russel comes to mind
Originally posted by valrod33:

lol

Originally posted by valrod33:

LMAO
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
this thread is going to be hilarious in a month

ftw

and once more for prosperity
According to a report from East Coast Sports News: WR Alton Jeffery ran a 4.49 official forty-time...WR Alshon Jeffery weighed 213 pounds, which was 3 pounds less than his combine weight and ran 4.38 and 4.47 unofficial forty-times, had a 36.5" vertical jump, a 10'-2" broad jump, a 4.09 short-shuttle and a 6.71 three-cone time.

These are good numbers. I figured his forty time would be adjusted higher in the official number. Now, I need to see the time difference between combine invitees and their Pro-Day times to adjust it further. In most cases, you have to add at least .05 to .10 to the time. So, in the end, you are probably looking at a mid to late 4.5's time. That is pretty fast for a tall receiver.

The 36.5" vertical shows some explosiveness, and the 10-2 broad is a decent jump. Most impressive to me is the 6.71 cone drill time, which I believe is the most important timed aspect in pre-draft preparation (outside the 10-yard split in the forty). Running a 6.71 cone shows good ability to change direction, which is huge for corners and WR's.

I still think he ends up a second rounder, but inside the first handful of picks. I cannot see him on the board past the Jags in the second round.
According to a report from East Coast Sports News: WR Alton Jeffery ran a 4.49 official forty-time...WR Alshon Jeffery weighed 213 pounds, which was 3 pounds less than his combine weight and ran 4.38 and 4.47 unofficial forty-times, had a 36.5" vertical jump, a 10'-2" broad jump, a 4.09 short-shuttle and a 6.71 three-cone time.

These are good numbers. I figured his forty time would be adjusted higher in the official number. Now, I need to see the time difference between combine invitees and their Pro-Day times to adjust it further. In most cases, you have to add at least .05 to .10 to the time. So, in the end, you are probably looking at a mid to late 4.5's time. That is pretty fast for a tall receiver.

The 36.5" vertical shows some explosiveness, and the 10-2 broad is a decent jump. Most impressive to me is the 6.71 cone drill time, which I believe is the most important timed aspect in pre-draft preparation (outside the 10-yard split in the forty). Running a 6.71 cone shows good ability to change direction, which is huge for corners and WR's.

I still think he ends up a second rounder, but inside the first handful of picks. I cannot see him on the board past the Jags in the second round at number 38.
Jeffery should be a first rounder now.

His official numbers are in.

Weigh in: 6-3 213
40 time: 4.49
Shuttle: 4.09
3-cone: 6.71

Those Shuttle and 3-cone times are better than any of the other top receivers in this draft had.
Share 49ersWebzone