LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

Alshon Jeffrery, WR, South Carolina

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by valrod33:
You think he is better than Blackmon?

if he actually tries ya he is

going into the season (before his qb left to pros) he was the clear cut #1 WR going into this draft

Stephen Garcia didn't go to the pros. He got cut. And when he did play in the beginning of the season, he sucked.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

going into the season (before his qb left to pros) he was the clear cut #1 WR going into this draft

Stephen Garcia didn't go to the pros. He got cut. And when he did play in the beginning of the season, he sucked.

lol

regargless coming into the season he was te cear #1 WR his qb produuction took a hit in 2011
Originally posted by SF69ers:

lol

regargless coming into the season he was te cear #1 WR his qb produuction took a hit in 2011

I kinda knew he wasn't going to duplicate his numbers mainly because of the problems at the QB position. I still don't think he was the #1 WR coming into the season. That title belonged to Blackmon.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
So much for the "Team Jeffery spreading rumors to protect their 240 pound whale of a receiver" talk lol

But Baugh, the "experts" on this site are the only opinion I have
Very impressive work by Alshon. I'm right back on the bandwagon with him as our first rounder. Would love to see him at that weight all over the field and especially in the red zone.
Originally posted by Engleburger:
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
So much for the "Team Jeffery spreading rumors to protect their 240 pound whale of a receiver" talk lol

But Baugh, the "experts" on this site are the only opinion I have

It's a shame, if you're going to adopt an opinion from someone, make sure they actually watch games first.
South Carolina WR Ashon Jerffery weighed in at a slim 216 pounds, not the 235-plus he was rumored to weigh. Jeffery: "I don't really pay ...

Hmmmm.... and Brandt has this kid in the top 20.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
this thread is going to be hilarious in a month

ftw
Great news for Jeffery coming in slimmed down. The big question now is if he can get separation at the next level. I do like the guy, and I hope he can run in under a 4.6. Running a 4.5 would be great for him, but it would mean that he would be gone before the 49ers pick.
calvin johnson wingspan which is 82 inches
alshon jeffery has 80 inches

he is going to be best RZ target this draft

I think Streeter and Quick have him beat.

Quick has a 34" arm length, Streeter is almost at 35"

Quick is about 81" in wingspan, Streeter I think is almost 81 and Sanu actually came out extremely impressive at 78 inches. Sanu all-around had pretty good measurements.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Quick is about 81" in wingspan, Streeter I think is almost 81 and Sanu actually came out extremely impressive at 78 inches. Sanu all-around had pretty good measurements.

Quick is not in Jeffery's league as a receiver though, of course. If Jeffery runs a sub 4.55, he'll likely be a Top-25 lock. Jeffery's only issue is that his long-striding nature make him less of a threat on double-moves because he rounds off his routes -- typical of a receiver trying not to lose speed getting upfield. However, Jeffery might have the best hands in this draft.

I will be interested in his leaping ability. If he puts up something good there, that'll show in addition to his height, he can outleap defenders too.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Quick is not in Jeffery's league as a receiver though, of course. If Jeffery runs a sub 4.55, he'll likely be a Top-25 lock. Jeffery's only issue is that his long-striding nature make him less of a threat on double-moves because he rounds off his routes -- typical of a receiver trying not to lose speed getting upfield. However, Jeffery might have the best hands in this draft.

I will be interested in his leaping ability. If he puts up something good there, that'll show in addition to his height, he can outleap defenders too.

Just watched youtube highlights of the bowl game. I think Jeffery will easily run a 4.55, on the one play he knew for sure he was going deep he gained about 3 yards of separation on Dennard, only reason Dennard caught up was because Jeffery randomly turned and ran for the far pylon rather then running straight for the endzone.

That weight drop absolutely shocked me, 6-3 216?!?!? After seeing that I'd honestly be surprised if he wasn't one of the more in shape big WRs in Indy. The weight drop is a great double edged sword for him, shows his work ethic is amazing and shows how quickly he can get in football shape. The bowl game wasn't even a full months ago and he dropped 18+ pounds(listed weight was 233).
Originally posted by sfout:

Just watched youtube highlights of the bowl game. I think Jeffery will easily run a 4.55, on the one play he knew for sure he was going deep he gained about 3 yards of separation on Dennard, only reason Dennard caught up was because Jeffery randomly turned and ran for the far pylon rather then running straight for the endzone.

That weight drop absolutely shocked me, 6-3 216?!?!? After seeing that I'd honestly be surprised if he wasn't one of the more in shape big WRs in Indy. The weight drop is a great double edged sword for him, shows his work ethic is amazing and shows how quickly he can get in football shape. The bowl game wasn't even a full months ago and he dropped 18+ pounds(listed weight was 233).

He went from the assumed biggest (as far as weight) receiver in the draft to one of the most fit. All of the following others weighed in heavier:

Michael Floyd, Notre Dame - 6-3 220
Juron Criner, Arizona - 6-3 224
Gerell Robinson, Arizona St. - 6-3 227
Dwight Jones, North Carolina - 6-3 230
Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M - 6-4 223
Brian Quick, Appalachian St. - 6-4 220
Rishard Matthews, Nevada - 6-0 217

Can't really call him fat anymore.
He went from the assumed biggest (as far as weight) receiver in the draft to one of the most fit. All of the following others weighed in heavier:

Michael Floyd, Notre Dame - 6-3 220
Juron Criner, Arizona - 6-3 224
Gerell Robinson, Arizona St. - 6-3 227
Dwight Jones, North Carolina - 6-3 230
Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M - 6-4 223
Brian Quick, Appalachian St. - 6-4 220
Rishard Matthews, Nevada - 6-0 217

Can't really call him fat anymore.

Stephen Hill - Georgia Tech - 6'4 215
Share 49ersWebzone