LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

Alshon Jeffrery, WR, South Carolina

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Around 220 is way down in weight?!?! How f**kin' fat was he before he started training?

I don't get the crazy love people have for this guy. Fellas, you can find big boobs just about anywhere, and they don't have to be atached to a massive black dude.
uh 220 at 6 4 is perfect
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Around 220 is way down in weight?!?! How f**kin' fat was he before he started training?

I don't get the crazy love people have for this guy. Fellas, you can find big boobs just about anywhere, and they don't have to be atached to a massive black dude.
uh 220 at 6 4 is perfect

Actually, the issue is far more complicated than that. It's more about his cardiovascular fitness level. He could weight 240 or 250 and be more fit than at 220.

Just look at Vernon Davis.

uh 220 at 6 4 is perfect

The point is that he had to get his weight "way down" to get to 220. That means that after the season, having worked his way into lean football shape instead of starting the season there, he plumped back up again between his bowl game and his pre-Combine training program. How can that NOT be a red flag for you? Of course, I don't know him in real life, and I could be wrong, but this smacks of a fat kid looking to get paid. To me, it looks like: best case scenario, he is a very talented one-trick pony who can box out and high-point; worst case scenario, he eats his way out of the league in 2-3 years. Remember, that kid he was working out with was being a buddy, trying to say the right thing, and he said he got his weight "way down" to 220. He only played the bowl game 2 months ago. What can I say, man. Fat kids gotta eat. I'll do something AJ never does at a buffet and say, "no thanks."
He's big like MIke Williams

He's an elite college talent like Mike Williams

Must be retarded like Mike Williams

That's how you evaluate, gentlemen. Don't watch games. Just compare triangle numbers and stats. If they're close they must have the exact same personality.

It's gonna be really fun to see everyones opinion change on Jeffery if he has a good combine. All these "experts"... lmao
Originally posted by Engleburger:
He's big like MIke Williams

He's an elite college talent like Mike Williams

Must be retarded like Mike Williams

That's how you evaluate, gentlemen. Don't watch games. Just compare triangle numbers and stats. If they're close they must have the exact same personality.

It's gonna be really fun to see everyones opinion change on Jeffery if he has a good combine. All these "experts"... lmao

There's a lot of people comparing him to Mike Williams, not just on the Webzone, it why he's gone from a guy who expected to be a Top 10 Pick and now is somewhere in the late 1st to mid 2nd round.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
There's a lot of people comparing him to Mike Williams, not just on the Webzone, it why he's gone from a guy who expected to be a Top 10 Pick and now is somewhere in the late 1st to mid 2nd round.

Do any of the people comparing him to Williams personaly know him? Do they know Mike Williams?

You can only judge their games. Mike Williams game wasn't the reason he failed.

That's why these comparisons bother me.
besides once Mike Williams got reunited with Carrol he started for the Seahawks team, proving he could play at this level if his heads screwed on right.

So being compared to Mike Williams is not a death knell, as long as Jeffrey is focused on football.
Walter Cherepinsky ‏ @walterfootbal Alshon Jeffery is 6-3, 216 with 10 1/14 hands. Rumors said he was overweight. Fast 40 wouldn't surprise me either -

my #2 WR in this draft behind wright
Walter Cherepinsky ‏ @walterfootbal Alshon Jeffery is 6-3, 216 with 10 1/14 hands. Rumors said he was overweight. Fast 40 wouldn't surprise me either -

You think he is better than Blackmon?
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 24, 2012 at 10:11 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

if he actually tries ya he is

going into the season (before his qb left to pros) he was the clear cut #1 WR going into this draft

Somebody needs to re-calibrate the scale . Congrats young man, you just made yourself some nice dough.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Actually, the issue is far more complicated than that. It's more about his cardiovascular fitness level. He could weight 240 or 250 and be more fit than at 220.

Just look at Vernon Davis.

Yep. Frank Gore weighs 220 and he's only 5'8"!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Hope we draft, lol
Originally posted by valrod33:

i understand it may be a "bold" prediction at this point but alshons only problem was speed he has size arguablly best habds in draft and has the best leaping ability

he seems to have speed thing down (he was a great deep threat at 2010) and needs tow ork on route running something the coaces can do

blackmon has inconsistant hands played in spread offense he does have great physicality (great vertival especialy for his size) but he is only 6 1
So much for the "Team Jeffery spreading rumors to protect their 240 pound whale of a receiver" talk lol
Share 49ersWebzone