There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The combined Sanu thread

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by titan:
Im not too familiar with him!? I need to watch more ESPN.

http://draftbreakdown.com/?s=mohamed+sanu
lol, first video on the first play he fumbles then he fails to make many catches. Dude goes down on first contact everytime. Pass on this guy
yea, those vids show me absolutely nothing special.
but he's a Mooslim
I like Sanu's explosiveness, but he is not my favorite receiver and I would pass on him in the 1st. He has durability concerns and with all the receivers that have had injuries this year, I just don't feel that it's worth the risk. There are better fits that will be available later.

Sanu runs violently, snatches the ball with his hands, and can block well. However he will drop some, and his physical style causes him a lot of nicks. He is not as polished as some of the other WRs in this draft. He's a guy who, if he can stay healthy, would probably be a solid playmaker for a team, but he's a risky pick.

I'd prefer Dwight Jones, Marvin McNutt, or Tommy Streeter. Streeter has a lot of potential -- smooth route runner, tall, and deceptively speedy. Jones is physically dominant. McNutt has good size, although not super tall, but he's a well-balance player.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,400 for Dr_Bill_Walsh.
Originally posted by susweel:
but he's a Mooslim

terrorist (of the rest of the NFL)
As a Rutgers fan, I've seen a fair share of him.

People should know that Rutgers is actually turning into a pretty good pro football factory. They don't turn out a high volume of NFL guys, but nearly all of those who play in the league make a good role for themselves - Rice, Britt, Davis, Brackett, McCourty brothers, Courtney Greene. I could go on. I think that there's a great chance that Sanu becomes an impact player because he is prepared well in college to do so - on the field and off.

Secondly, he has a great pair of hands. Everyone has their drops, but I think that he'd easily have the best hands on the Niners. I think he'd be a great fit in a west coast system too. When you catch over 110 balls in a season, chances are you're going to drop a couple.

I will be curious to see what he times in the 40 though at the combine. Speed is one of his big question marks, so if he doesn't time well, I don't know if he'll be a serious option for us. Anyway I see him much like in the Crabtree mold. Even compares to Michael Floyd of the same class.

The thing that I do see going for him in terms of Baalke's draft philosophy is that I think that Sanu still has tons of upside. Also, last year was almost a waste because of how bad the Rutgers offense was and even this year he still never had time to mesh with a QB.

Overall, I'd love to see the Niners take him.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Jan 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM ]
Dude doesn't impress me at all. He had 115 catches but only had 1206 yards and 7 TDs? Weak. To me guys not a "make people miss" WR or a Red-Zone threat. He looks just like a normal possession type receiver that can be found anywhere in the draft (ex:Josh Morgan). He doesn't look like a #1 WR more of a #2. I'm betting he runs in the 4.5-4.6 range. He doesn't look like a burner to me. More of an underneath guy. He's a great blocker, and seems to be a team guy but he's not someone I would spend a 1st round pick on.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I like Sanu's explosiveness, but he is not my favorite receiver and I would pass on him in the 1st. He has durability concerns and with all the receivers that have had injuries this year, I just don't feel that it's worth the risk. There are better fits that will be available later.

Sanu runs violently, snatches the ball with his hands, and can block well. However he will drop some, and his physical style causes him a lot of nicks. He is not as polished as some of the other WRs in this draft. He's a guy who, if he can stay healthy, would probably be a solid playmaker for a team, but he's a risky pick.

I'd prefer Dwight Jones, Marvin McNutt, or Tommy Streeter. Streeter has a lot of potential -- smooth route runner, tall, and deceptively speedy. Jones is physically dominant. McNutt has good size, although not super tall, but he's a well-balance player.

how is your top 10 list of WR's looking?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
No way we should miss out on playmakers just because theyre not 6-4. How many of those tall guys get overdrafted each year and never do anything (remember so many people here wanted Ramses Barden?) I like the concept of a tall end-zone threat too (like Plax USED TO be), but outside of Larry Fitz how often does that happen anymore? More often there are end zone playmakers (i.e. Santonio Holmes). I actually think Crabtree can be a great end-zone threat but we dont have any other WR threats to keep him from being focused on.

Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Plax
Fitz
Gronk
Graham
Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Aj Green
Colston

You realize AJ Green is 6'2" right?
So is Dwayne Bowe

Plus Calvin, Andre, and Fitz were top 3 draft picks...

Having a 6'4" WR is great but its not like they grow on trees.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
You realize AJ Green is 6'2" right?
So is Dwayne Bowe

Plus Calvin, Andre, and Fitz were top 3 draft picks...

Having a 6'4" WR is great but its not like they grow on trees.
AJ is 6'4
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
No way we should miss out on playmakers just because theyre not 6-4. How many of those tall guys get overdrafted each year and never do anything (remember so many people here wanted Ramses Barden?) I like the concept of a tall end-zone threat too (like Plax USED TO be), but outside of Larry Fitz how often does that happen anymore? More often there are end zone playmakers (i.e. Santonio Holmes). I actually think Crabtree can be a great end-zone threat but we dont have any other WR threats to keep him from being focused on.

Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Plax
Fitz
Gronk
Graham
Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Aj Green
Colston

You realize AJ Green is 6'2" right?
So is Dwayne Bowe

Plus Calvin, Andre, and Fitz were top 3 draft picks...

Having a 6'4" WR is great but its not like they grow on trees.
Brian Quick from Apalachian State is a stud at 6'4 and we can snag him in the 2nd and maybe the 3rd. if he has a good combine then we mite have to trade up a few spots to get him in the 2nd. Personally i dont like using first round picks on WRs
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Dude doesn't impress me at all. He had 115 catches but only had 1206 yards and 7 TDs? Weak. To me guys not a "make people miss" WR or a Red-Zone threat. He looks just like a normal possession type receiver that can be found anywhere in the draft (ex:Josh Morgan). He doesn't look like a #1 WR more of a #2. I'm betting he runs in the 4.5-4.6 range. He doesn't look like a burner to me. More of an underneath guy. He's a great blocker, and seems to be a team guy but he's not someone I would spend a 1st round pick on.

Nothing wrong with a guy who can move the chains and be consistent catching the ball. Rutgers isn't exactly a top passing offense either. Sure we'd all love a guy who can take any catch to the house but odds of getting a player like that late 1st are pretty low.
After last night's game, we have all seen the lack of WR depth help contribute to our loss. Anyone else enamored with this guy and hoping that we can draft him? I just think he is that big play receiver that we badly need.
Search function is your friend. Already a thread on him.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Jan 23, 2012 at 6:30 AM ]
K. Thanks for the wittiness, sweetie.