Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
K. Thanks for the wittiness, sweetie.

Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
K. Thanks for the wittiness, sweetie.

Thanks for the repeat thread, pumpkin.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/161694-mohamed-sanu-rutgers-wr/

I'll do it for you little buddy.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
As a Rutgers fan, I've seen a fair share of him.

People should know that Rutgers is actually turning into a pretty good pro football factory. They don't turn out a high volume of NFL guys, but nearly all of those who play in the league make a good role for themselves - Rice, Britt, Davis, Brackett, McCourty brothers, Courtney Greene. I could go on. I think that there's a great chance that Sanu becomes an impact player because he is prepared well in college to do so - on the field and off.

Secondly, he has a great pair of hands. Everyone has their drops, but I think that he'd easily have the best hands on the Niners. I think he'd be a great fit in a west coast system too. When you catch over 110 balls in a season, chances are you're going to drop a couple.

I will be curious to see what he times in the 40 though at the combine. Speed is one of his big question marks, so if he doesn't time well, I don't know if he'll be a serious option for us. Anyway I see him much like in the Crabtree mold. Even compares to Michael Floyd of the same class.

The thing that I do see going for him in terms of Baalke's draft philosophy is that I think that Sanu still has tons of upside. Also, last year was almost a waste because of how bad the Rutgers offense was and even this year he still never had time to mesh with a QB.

Overall, I'd love to see the Niners take him.

I will take this guys opinion over anyone that is judging him based on stats

I've watched him dominate games where everyone and their momma know he's the only threat and he's still making plays - some teams had to resort to near triple-coverage in order to take him out of game

his numbers, he posted those with no other legit threat on the field - he's described as an amazing competitor, leader, and excellent run blocker. On top of that and like the quoted poster mentioned, sounds like a great fit for this team.
Originally posted by valrod33:
lol, first video on the first play he fumbles then he fails to make many catches. Dude goes down on first contact everytime. Pass on this guy

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
yea, those vids show me absolutely nothing special.

Violent runner, pretty high vertical, and blocks very well.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
6'4" + only please.

Sanu is a perfect fit for what Harbaugh wants in his receivers. Great hands, runs decent routes, physical, blocks like a fullback and a really good character guy.

Much rather have him at our 1st round pick than try to trade up for a JJ Stokes type of player in Michael Floyd
Sanu can come in and teach Crabtree what a real receiver looks like.
Never seen WR highlights that had blocking in them. Normally that would be bad, but you can see this guy is a competitor.
  • mod
  • Veteran
He seems to have the build of Mike Williams or maybe Dwayne Bowe... but he plays like Hines Ward or maybe Anquan Boldin

People should know that Rutgers is actually turning into a pretty good pro football factory. They don't turn out a high volume of NFL guys, but nearly all of those who play in the league make a good role for themselves - Rice, Britt, Davis, Brackett, McCourty brothers, Courtney Greene. I could go on. I think that there's a great chance that Sanu becomes an impact player because he is prepared well in college to do so - on the field and off.

Secondly, he has a great pair of hands. Everyone has their drops, but I think that he'd easily have the best hands on the Niners. I think he'd be a great fit in a west coast system too. When you catch over 110 balls in a season, chances are you're going to drop a couple.

I will be curious to see what he times in the 40 though at the combine. Speed is one of his big question marks, so if he doesn't time well, I don't know if he'll be a serious option for us. Anyway I see him much like in the Crabtree mold. Even compares to Michael Floyd of the same class.

The thing that I do see going for him in terms of Baalke's draft philosophy is that I think that Sanu still has tons of upside. Also, last year was almost a waste because of how bad the Rutgers offense was and even this year he still never had time to mesh with a QB.

I watched almost every single one of the Rutgers games and this guy is amazing! Great hands Good routes and blocks like There is no Tomorrow . I like down the street from the Stadium and he is a BIG reason why Rutgers wins games.
Is it just me or does this guy look a lot like Michael Crabtree?
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Is it just me or does this guy look a lot like Michael Crabtree?

Ahmm...they're both black is about the only similarity that I can tell.

Face is completely different and they play very different.
Originally posted by Mays21:

I watched almost every single one of the Rutgers games and this guy is amazing! Great hands Good routes and blocks like There is no Tomorrow . I like down the street from the Stadium and he is a BIG reason why Rutgers wins games.

what im not hearing re sanu is traits of speed or quickness...will he be another guy like crabtree that may have alot of contested catches because he doesnt get consistent seperation?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Sunu has a Jerry Rice body type. Should run about the same range as Rice, too.
Share 49ersWebzone