There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Underclassmen Declared for 2012 NFL Draft

Updated. Check list again.
So far, I'm seeing 10-12 first rounders in that list. We'll need as many to declare as possible. Need to push talent down the board.
RG3 officially declares according to ESPN.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,629
Any word from the Alabama and LSU underclassmen?
Originally posted by buck:
Any word from the Alabama and LSU underclassmen?

I haven't heard anything, I am anxious on a few, namely LSU CB Morris Claiborne, LSU WR Ruben Randle, Bama CB Dre Kirkpatrick.

I guess Bama T/G Barrett Jones said he is coming back, that was from a week or 2 ago.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
QB Andrew Luck, Stanford
QB Robert Griffin, Baylor
QB Brock Osweiler, Arizona State
Is this official yet?
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
QB Andrew Luck, Stanford
QB Robert Griffin, Baylor
QB Brock Osweiler, Arizona State
Is this official yet?

It's official by default. Everyone and their mother knows he's declaring.

He has no reason to stay in school. He's already accomplished enough for his college career and he's finished his academic career now.
Orson Charles declared.

But Safety class got weaker, Robert Lester is staying.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,193
Originally posted by buck:
Any word from the Alabama and LSU underclassmen?

Not official and he could be transferring to another school but Russell Shepard a WR for LSU withdrew from school and is reportedly declaring. Another head scratcher if he does, a lot of kids must think that the motivation of improving their stock went away because of the new CBA removing the windfall first round contracts. He's a mid to late round prospect but they kid has talent, a 5 star recruit in high school and the #1 dual threat QB in his class, yet the idiots at LSU picked the two headed monster of Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee over him and move the kid to WR.....

/rant lol

I'll come back and edit it if he declares.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,193
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Hey OTC what you think about jayron hosley from va tech? Is he more of a second rounder?

Seems more like a Nickel CB to me. Probably more of a late 2nd-3rd right now. Either way, I don't think he's really a fit for us. We need size and/or speed (with adequate size) at CB.

I still feel like Culliver is a waste at CB and should be our starting safety if Goldson walks. Culliver's speed, size, and range make him an excellent safety. But at CB his problem is getting his head turned. He has the physical tools and coverage ability down, but his problems playing/looking for the the ball when he has back turned running with the receiver is going to lead to a lot of PI penalties and missed interceptions that could change games.

He was a tremendous safety because his field of vision was changed and he could see much more. With the play in front of him Culliver is more dangerous.

If they intend to keep him at CB, I hope they fix his tendency to play the receiver instead of the ball. The only reason he isn't starting over Brown right now is because of the issues just stated.

I didn't see this critique earlier when I posted and you are completely right. I've just kind of turned a blind eye to his experience at safety and trusted the staff with the decision to keep at corner. I wish there was some film to watch of him at safety. I'm almost itching for them move him to safety if we draft a CB like Minnifield.
Toledo WR Eric Page declares, probably no more than a special teamer early on in his career but could be nice development player
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Hey OTC what you think about jayron hosley from va tech? Is he more of a second rounder?

Seems more like a Nickel CB to me. Probably more of a late 2nd-3rd right now. Either way, I don't think he's really a fit for us. We need size and/or speed (with adequate size) at CB.

I still feel like Culliver is a waste at CB and should be our starting safety if Goldson walks. Culliver's speed, size, and range make him an excellent safety. But at CB his problem is getting his head turned. He has the physical tools and coverage ability down, but his problems playing/looking for the the ball when he has back turned running with the receiver is going to lead to a lot of PI penalties and missed interceptions that could change games.

He was a tremendous safety because his field of vision was changed and he could see much more. With the play in front of him Culliver is more dangerous.

If they intend to keep him at CB, I hope they fix his tendency to play the receiver instead of the ball. The only reason he isn't starting over Brown right now is because of the issues just stated.

I didn't see this critique earlier when I posted and you are completely right. I've just kind of turned a blind eye to his experience at safety and trusted the staff with the decision to keep at corner. I wish there was some film to watch of him at safety. I'm almost itching for them move him to safety if we draft a CB like Minnifield.

I think if we keep Goldson, Culliver might start at CB next year. I have heard rumors that he is expected to do just that in 2012. I think the staff believes he is starting CB material. He has the tools, but he has to take the coaching and adjust. If he can, he'll be a good NFL corner who will make a great safety late in his NFL career.

There aren't many 6-0 200 4.38 DB's out there, but Cully is one.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Toledo WR Eric Page declares, probably no more than a special teamer early on in his career but could be nice development player

Poor man's Kendall Wright. Similar size: 5-10 192. Probably will get an early 3rd round grade. Could go as high as the second with great workouts and a strong combine, especially if he runs a 4.3. His ST's ability is a major plus, and to top it all off, he was very very productive (led the team in receiving with 125 catches for 1180 yards, 10 TD). Averaged almost 11 yards per punt return, 189 yards total with 1 TD, and had 856 KR yards with 1 TD. He also threw for one touchdown as well.
LSU CB Claiborne declares.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,193
Dre Kirkpatrick and Trent Richardson declare.