There are 185 users in the forums

SunDevil's Big Board

Is Floyd rated as the second best WR? Just asking cuz i was hoping he would fall after some of the other WRs out there. Would love to have Floyd in red and gold, looks like its high hopes.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Is Floyd rated as the second best WR? Just asking cuz i was hoping he would fall after some of the other WRs out there. Would love to have Floyd in red and gold, looks like its high hopes.

general stance is he's top 3-4
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
23. Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama
27. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
31. Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
33. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
34. Chris Polk*, RB, Washington
40. Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia
42. Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State

Going off of your rankings these would be my initial targets

and why would be we be targeting a RB (Polk) in the first 2 rounds at all?

just a favorite of mine, but Polk would add something better then Dixon can

Yeah we see how your last favorite RB turned out. CJ Spiller.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
23. Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama
27. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
31. Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
33. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
34. Chris Polk*, RB, Washington
40. Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia
42. Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State

Going off of your rankings these would be my initial targets

and why would be we be targeting a RB (Polk) in the first 2 rounds at all?

just a favorite of mine, but Polk would add something better then Dixon can

Yeah we see how your last favorite RB turned out. CJ Spiller.

I still think Spiller can be great if put into the right system
Finished top 100, took me longer than I thought. Really hard to decide who is in and who is out in the last 20. Also ran into editing problems

I'm kind of going on a limb and predicting who will have a good work out at this point.

But my top 3 risers are:
Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois - Not a speed rusher who instead relies on a constant motor, leverage and technique. Has 9 forced fumbles and 14.5 sacks on the year, and has been a constant terror demanding double teams.

Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati - he hits his top gear of speed so fast and is a smaller back that constantly breaks tackles

Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt - plays a lot of zone, smart player, great at reading plays, can come up and shed blocks to make a play in the run/screen game, and a ballhawk to boot.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM ]
Updated my board to top 125, and re-arranged my rankings. Moved Barkley, DT Still, DE Ingram up in the 1st round.

2 WRs that I have that will be sleepers in the 3rd are:
WR Chris Givens*, Wake Forest - outstanding speed, he will probably run in the low 4.4s, outstanding body control. Outside of Blackmon, I think this is the best guy that can step in and make an impact in his rookie year. Just a very polished WR with speed.

WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida International - This guy is the next "big" thing as far as WRs that excel at playing the slot position.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 11, 2011 at 11:34 PM ]
27. Mark Barron, S, Alabama-
28. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsi-
31. Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma Stat-
33. Chase Minnifield, CB, Virgini-
35. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolin-
36. Chris Polk*, RB, Washingto-
37. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor-
Updated my rankings. Only releasing my revised top 64, have ranked 120 players so far.

When looking at them, please keep in mind I have about 50 players that are unranked because I want to watch more of them before I put them back into my rankings.

Also, I'm well aware my rankings clash with probably most of the rankings out there. I have quite a few players that are ranked by others as mid or late rounders inside my top 64.

I'm not saying those players will be taken in the top 64, I'm saying I value them there. So for example, if a guy inside my top 64 goes in the 5th round, I would consider him a "sleeper" or a "steal". So if you are shocked how high I rank someone and think he will go later, its because I think they are a steal, they aren't there because I'm predicting they will be drafted at that position.

I am not trying to predict where people go, I'm trying to value players based on my opinion and not predict the opinion of NFL GMs.

Edit: So for example, another person might rank their players based on where they expect them to go and later on highlight the "steals" or "sleepers." I'm instead just putting my steals and sleepers into my rankings where I think their true value is. Hopefully that makes sense.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM ]
thank you sundevil. I think your ranking system is great for us. I would also like to see a ranking system that the Niners have from their perspective. I have always assumed taht there would be some players that would not even be on their board for a variety of reasons, and that the remaining players would be the players that they were interested in and how much they would be willing to trade in order to get that person if they so desired.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
thank you sundevil. I think your ranking system is great for us. I would also like to see a ranking system that the Niners have from their perspective. I have always assumed taht there would be some players that would not even be on their board for a variety of reasons, and that the remaining players would be the players that they were interested in and how much they would be willing to trade in order to get that person if they so desired.

That's always on the wishlist. Just to see if they have guys that have been deemed to have character issues on theri boards. It was intersting to see taht leaked big board from the cowboys war room.

nice work sundevil

Originally posted by lamontb:

That's always on the wishlist. Just to see if they have guys that have been deemed to have character issues on theri boards. It was intersting to see taht leaked big board from the cowboys war room.

nice work sundevil

Thanks guys. I'll try to highlight players that I think would fit the 49ers well. Might take me awhile though, I still have a lot of work to do on the big board first and then I'll try to put together a seperate list of Watch List players for the 49ers mostly focused on the mid and late round players to remember.

One guy that came to mind while I was watching was DT/DE Billy Winn out of Boise State. He is probably a 3rd rounder, but I think he would be a great fit for our scheme and great rotation guy with McDonald/Smith. Winn isn't a finesse pass rusher by any stretch, he is a power rusher with high energy motor.
I think another DT/DE would be interesting but a lot of that will depend upon how Harbaalke feels about Tukuafu and Dobbs. If we are settled there then we go for the next quality draft pick.
Share 49ersWebzone