LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Coby Fleener - TE Stanford

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
he's no greg olsen, he's coby fleener! he was molded in a TE friendly offense at stanford why wouldn't he make sense as our pick.

we should draft him
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
he's no greg olsen, he's coby fleener! he was molded in a TE friendly offense at stanford why wouldn't he make sense as our pick.

we should draft him

Agree! Do some think Olsen will be able to come into Harbaugh's offense and pick it up as quickly as Fleener. Shoot, Vernon couldn't even get it until the end of the season.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
we should draft this guy I like him a lot!

I don't
he's another greg olson like that dude said ^^

Id rather draft a defensive player for the future, we could use another D lineman in our rotation and even though he came off his best season, Justin smith is getting up there in age. I also wouldn't mind drafting a cornerback

A guard or a WR would also be nice

We have 2 good young tes, one who is top 3 in the league, no need to draft one yet, especially in the 1st round
Wow. Because one dude says Greg olsen now it's spreading like wildfire...

1. Bears fans were pissed that they let Olsen go... Martz doesn't use the TE's right and Olsen has potential.
2. You are using the Olsen thing like it's a knock on Fleener... we have no idea how good Fleener could be. Greg Olsens best season was 60 rec. for 612 yards and 8 TD's. D. walkers is 29 rec. for 331 yards and ZERO TD's
...and Walker has been in the league one more year.
3. so if you are trying to say adding Fleener is like adding Olsen as a 2nd TE, than our TE's last year would have got us around 110-120 rec. for roughly 1300-1400 yards and most importantly 14+ TD's. I believe these numbers would actually be higher because the 2 good TE's on the field would compliment each other and confuse the Defense which would lead to more yards and more TD's.
4. The numbers are just an estimation but I would want something like this on our team.
5. Go ahead and start comparing him to Anthony Fasono and lets see if that one sticks as well...
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Wow. Because one dude says Greg olsen now it's spreading like wildfire...

1. Bears fans were pissed that they let Olsen go... Martz doesn't use the TE's right and Olsen has potential.
2. You are using the Olsen thing like it's a knock on Fleener... we have no idea how good Fleener could be. Greg Olsens best season was 60 rec. for 612 yards and 8 TD's. D. walkers is 29 rec. for 331 yards and ZERO TD's
...and Walker has been in the league one more year.
3. so if you are trying to say adding Fleener is like adding Olsen as a 2nd TE, than our TE's last year would have got us around 110-120 rec. for roughly 1300-1400 yards and most importantly 14+ TD's. I believe these numbers would actually be higher because the 2 good TE's on the field would compliment each other and confuse the Defense which would lead to more yards and more TD's.
4. The numbers are just an estimation but I would want something like this on our team.
5. Go ahead and start comparing him to Anthony Fasono and lets see if that one sticks as well...

face it dude. he's a greg olsen clone.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by Amir:
face it dude. he's a greg olsen clone.

stop trolling! he's the best man! we need coby fleener! draft him!
I can see how the Greg Olson comparison are legit
When he had long hair, i compared him to Shockey.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
When he had long hair, i compared him to Shockey.

i can see how the Shockey comparison is legit.
  • dj43
The 49er offense needs to become more explosive all over the field, not just in the RZ. If a WR is not available at #30 that would help accomplish that, Fleener appears to be a good choice to do it. He is more than just the normal TE. He makes the usual TE reads and adjustments better than Davis and would thus be a very good compliment in the short game and create matchup issues up the field.

That having been said, if OG is BPA, I am fine with getting a receiver in the 2nd round or later. Just as long as we add some explosiveness that was so lacking last season.
I would be shocked if Fleener was there at 30.

I would love for the Niners to draft Fleener but I dont think he will be there at 30
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
I would love for the Niners to draft Fleener but I dont think he will be there at 30

I hate Fleener and dont want him.
Originally posted by dj43:
The 49er offense needs to become more explosive all over the field, not just in the RZ. If a WR is not available at #30 that would help accomplish that, Fleener appears to be a good choice to do it. He is more than just the normal TE. He makes the usual TE reads and adjustments better than Davis and would thus be a very good compliment in the short game and create matchup issues up the field.

That having been said, if OG is BPA, I am fine with getting a receiver in the 2nd round or later. Just as long as we add some explosiveness that was so lacking last season.
This is all correct! Whatever makes the offense a force to be reckoned with is what is best. I'm hoping that we find an impact player for the offense like we did last year with Aldon on defense...
Fleener is the missing piece...book it, hook it and cook it! Haters gonna hate but luckily we have a GM and Coach that know what they are doing. Cousin Baalke will move up to draft THE Fleen!
Originally posted by Amir:
Fleener sucks. Let's just end this thread. kthanksbye

Share 49ersWebzone