There are 263 users in the forums

What position do we target in the first round next year?

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
WR or Cornerback

WR is the strength of the team, CB is #1 then NT and RG

Strength of which team? Not the Niners

this

and NT and RG are not needs
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
WR or Cornerback

WR is the strength of the team, CB is #1 then NT and RG

Strength of which team? Not the Niners

Yeah WR is a definite need for us. CB first though, then WR.
I would draft a good DT, DE or CB. I think somewhere in the DLine is where the strong point is on the defense. I'm not saying 49ers doesn't have a good pass rush but if you have a tremendous pass rush, expect your defense will be unstoppable. Like I said, I would draft a DLine man before the CB. I wouldn't even bother drafting a WR or a QB because it seems to me the offense gets better every week. LET IT ROLL! LET IT ROLL! RED 80! HUT HUT HIKE!
olb. never can get enough pressure on the passer in todays game
im all for getting either decastro, upshaw, or toon.
Because we are such a balanced team, I think we can take the best player available at any position except inside linebacker. The positions I hope we target are:

-WR
-RG
-C
-OLB
-CB
-S

I know that's a wide variety, but I think we can definitely get better (or at least younger) at these positions. The guys I'm hoping for right now (I know it's insanely early) are WR Alshon Jeffery or CB Alfonzo Dennard.
[ Edited by Draftology on Nov 15, 2011 at 8:12 PM ]
WR or CB. It all depends on who resigns during free agency.
If we don't resign Goldson, then I think FS should be the pick. Markelle Martin would be perfect if TJ McDonald doesn't come out.

If we do resign Goldson, CB or OLB should be the pick.
Originally posted by susweel:
CB or Wr

You mean WR or CB don't you?
Picking at the end of the first round, I'm not sure they will end up with any type of playmaker. Braylon hasn't been worth the investment. They seemed to have done well with Culliver and Spencer may be on the way out.

I'm really hoping this will be one of those value years, where they trade down and fill out the roster with depth. The kids on the OL (Person and Kilgore) and DL (Williams and Wil) didn't really get much PT yet. I think they need some LB help.

Snyder and Brooks are free agents next year (so is Rachal but f**k him ).

We need a RG/WR in the first and if Brooks walks gonna have to throw OLB in there as well as a major hole. The development of Culliver so far and the probable resigning of Rogers doesnt make me feel like this team needs a CB in the first.

Then we can grab a FS and a center in the later rounds.
Originally posted by Draftology:
Because we are such a balanced team, I think we can take the best player available at any position except inside linebacker. The positions I hope we target are:

-WR
-RG
-C
-OLB
-CB
-S

I know that's a wide variety, but I think we can definitely get better (or at least younger) at these positions. The guys I'm hoping for right now (I know it's insanely early) are WR Alshon Jeffery or CB Alfonzo Dennard.

Originally posted by Draftology:

-WR
-RG
-C
-OLB
-CB
-S

Jeffrey is a top 10 pick and Dennard will be long gone when we pick. We need a WR and an interior lineman then depth all around (best player available). Toon, Sanu, Wright, Konz (if he's there) or DeCastro if he's there by some miracle in the first.
We look as if were making the playoffs which means where picking late finally!!!
What kind of player can we get in the bottom of the first day. Cb, Passrusher, Wr my thought is will target Rg/Center. Think Jim will try and trade up like walsh did and get blackmon?
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
We look as if were making the playoffs which means where picking late finally!!!
What kind of player can we get in the bottom of the first day. Cb, Passrusher, Wr my thought is will target Rg/Center. Think Jim will try and trade up like walsh did and get blackmon?

Blackmon...no, we wont trade from 26-32 down to 2 or 3.
I want a number 1 Wr... I'm sick of watching number 2 guys. It be worth it to move up to me getting a guy of that talent. But to be honest i think we'll be taking a Rg/center. Even youth on Dline, a nose tackle would be nice. Still pissed we passed on Vince wilfork TWICE!!!
Share 49ersWebzone