LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Brock Osweiler

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow what's up with this kid, this kid is huge 6'8" 240 pounds, moves like a 6'2" 200 pound QB. I'm watching him right now, looks a bit like Rothelisberger but much more mobile.

Definitely gonna keep any eye out for him.
Mobile, but not as fast as he seems. He is a big fella, no question. Probably will wind up running in the 4.7s - 4.8s when he finally enters the draft.
Haha I'm watching this game at work and I knew someone would start a thread about him
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Haha I'm watching this game at work and I knew someone would start a thread about him

Well hes an eye catcher that's for sure. 6'8" and can move, don't know much about him but like I said I'll be keeping an eye on him.
I watched the ASU game. He looks pretty good.
I kind of like him. He has a high upside I think.
this guy is an athlete. He had a full ride for basketball to Gonzaga. He is also a great leader. In 4 starts, he's already won two of those games in OT.

Im not saying he's a first rounder just yet but could be a great mid round pick. Besides one ill-advised pass (ended up being a completion), he pretty much played a perfect game with 3 passing tds and 1 rushing td.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
this guy is an athlete. He had a full ride for basketball to Gonzaga. He is also a great leader. In 4 starts, he's already won two of those games in OT.

Im not saying he's a first rounder just yet but could be a great mid round pick. Besides one ill-advised pass (ended up being a completion), he pretty much played a perfect game with 3 passing tds and 1 rushing td.

against mizzou's D ...
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I'm an ASU guy. But I just can't see him at the next level. His accuracy and decision making leave a lot to be desired. That said, I think he can be a good college QB.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I'm an ASU guy. But I just can't see him at the next level. His accuracy and decision making leave a lot to be desired. That said, I think he can be a good college QB.

I kind of agree. His release is slow as well.

He does run a 4.7 40 (at least thats what Erickson said, and it looks like its accurate).

Against Mizzou thought his accuracy was good and decision making were pretty good. So we shall see as the season goes on.

But man, that deep ball he threw to Pflugrad (60 yard bomb) was freaking PRETTY.

A nice thing about size is he can make a pass with a guy hanging on him, makes it a lot tougher for another team to have an effective pass rush. Against Mizzou, that was definately his best game (And Burfict's worst, ironically).

Edit: One more thing, Oz also has that "he is a winner" thing going for him. He is 4-0 as a starter with tough wins over Mizzou, @ Arizona last year and he did a come from behind victory against UCLA. Thats a pretty solid start to a career considering he is on a team with 3 straight losing seasons.

IMO, right now he isn't NFL-quality. But by the end of his senior year, he very well could be if hhe shortens his release and continues to work on accuracy. He is a true JR for those wondering.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 12, 2011 at 12:45 PM ]

The Chargers will go after him. Book it ;)
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I'd want us to draft him just so we can say we drafted a 6'8 QB

Live Life to it's Fullest.

Originally posted by valrod33:

Don't lie, you have a man crush on "Twilight" (his nickname for looking like that dude in the movie)
Looks like the love child of Andrew Walter and Mark Sanchez. He throws like he is trying heave a shot put.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Don't lie, you have a man crush on "Twilight" (his nickname for looking like that dude in the movie)

Looks like the love child of Andrew Walter and Mark Sanchez. He throws like he is trying heave a shot put.
Share 49ersWebzone