LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 303 users in the forums

Position you feel we should be looking to draft

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
CB WR S

I agree, I would only add QB if Colin shows the coaches absolutely no improvement either behind the scenes or on the field (if the season turns really bad), or if the right guy is there (Luck).
  • Elric
  • Veteran
at this point a high pryority is
Pass rush we still can't get there consistantly. so if there is a pass rusher available with our first pick we should take it.
1. OLB - DE
2.WR we have seen what edward brings to the offense 6'3 215 If there is a receiver in the makings we should pull the trigger
3.here is were a CB, G, RB could be grabed.
4.DE or OL
5.LB prefeable ILB or TE
6.CB
7.LB
CB, OL. maybe OLB or RB.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
CB WR S

I agree, I would only add QB if Colin shows the coaches absolutely no improvement either behind the scenes or on the field (if the season turns really bad), or if the right guy is there (Luck).

i think were fine with qb (unless we end up with a top 10 pick)

the CB depth in this draf is amazing so many 1st round alent that will faill int he 2nd roud i really hope we draft smart i find the WR talent in this draft very minimal
  • Elric
  • Veteran
I Just finish watching game 4 .Its Monday and I still beleive pass rush is still our #1 need.

Aldon Smith played well recording .5 sacks and numurous hurries. Goldson played with impact we need to sign him long term.

My point is you always need someone in reserve when it comes to play off time, and if we could get one more player like Aldon Smith

If someone went down LB, DE, we would be dead in the water, like when garriston hearst when down during that Alannta playoff game we were done when that

happend.The game was over plus if you have rushers from left and right you give your defensive coordinator flexablility.
Free agency will play a big role, and with it happening before the draft, the team will be more certain of it's direction. At this point, I would venture to say:
1) CB
2) RG/C
3) WR
4) SS
5) NT

However, this team still needs the BPA to raise it to another level. So, you have to go that direction.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Free agency will play a big role, and with it happening before the draft, the team will be more certain of it's direction. At this point, I would venture to say:
1) CB
2) RG/C
3) WR
4) SS
5) NT

However, this team still needs the BPA to raise it to another level. So, you have to go that direction.

Going BPA but with a view on the positions you mention looks like a plan. Have to say I would like to see us drafting both a RG and a C.
cb, s, ol. Im ok waiting a year to address wr and the def front seven. I like rogers but i dont feel we have a solid starter opposite him. whitner could definitely be upgraded. But most pressing need has to be oline. hope we can figure it out this time around, as we seem to have trouble evaluating talent at this position. at least in the recent past anyways.
CB- we need a fast cb with the lack of speed in the secondary. I would like denard, kirkpatrick, or gilmore

S- We need more competition for S. I dont see a safety on this team that is the real deal. I think if we draft a good FS, we can let donte and dashon battle it out at the strong spot.

interior line- We need a new center cause goodwin is getting up there (is there another pouncey triplet) and we seriously need a rg. snyder is good for backup only and chilo is flat our horrid.
Obviously our biggest needs are CB, FS, and OL. We are also thin at OLB.
Ideally we would pick the best CB in the first round but I wouldn't be opposed to taking an offensive playmaker if Blackmon, Jeffrey, or Floyd are available and the value for CB or OL isnt there.
Just FYI footballsfuture.com has us taking Alameda Ta'amu from Washington, who is a prototypical nose tackle. I dont think we'll be picking at #13 though.

QB
S
CB
Originally posted by dhp318:
QB
S
CB
not until the later rounds though.
1.OL
2.RG.
3.RT(Anthony Davis is killing me)
4. Another DE/LB (We dont have an LOLB behind brooks)
5.WR(Looking for that big Vincent type)
Dont think we need to waste draft picks on QBs. We got 2 rookies
1DB
2DB
3NT
4RT
5LB
6WR
7C
Originally posted by jreff22:
CB
FS