LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Name your top-5 WR's to watch this season looking at the 2012 NFL Draft

• buck
  • Veteran
On a purely emotional or nostalgic level, I would like to get Jeff Fuller out of Texas AM.
His father, of the same name, was a great 49er safety or would have been except for the hit that left his arm paralyzed.
From what I heard, but did not see, Fuller owned Patrick Petersen when they played.

*Alshon Jeffer*
*Justin Blackmon
Jeff Fuller
Michael Floyd
Greg Childs
Originally posted by vrabbit:
1. Justin Blackmon - Oklahoma State
2. Ryan Broyles - Oklahoma
3. Alshon Jeffery - South Carolina
4. Michael Floyd - Notre Dame
5. Jeff Fuller - Texas A&M

Honorable Mention: Jordan White (Western Michigan), Juron Criner (Arizona), Greg Childs (Arkansas)

1. Blackmon
2. Jeffery
3. Floyd
4. Dwight Jones, North Carolin
5. Broyles
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Blackmon is definitely my top pick, "EXPLOSIVE" easily top 10 pick no doubt.

Second pick, Jeff Fuller, can't remember the last good receiver that came out of Texas A&M though, I always thought they produced good D players.

my sleeper pick is Dwight Jones, he looked pretty sick this past weekend, how come no hype for him.

Greg Childs, anyone else think he reminds you of Julio Jones??

And of course Michael Floyd, pretty good start 154 yards, I don't think hes a top 10 pick though, of course a good 40 time could change that.

Jones hadn't produced anything until last year, when he exploded. I doubt he was a one year wonder, especially after his strong first game. He just hadn't had a chance to start until last year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Blackmon is definitely my top pick, "EXPLOSIVE" easily top 10 pick no doubt.

Second pick, Jeff Fuller, can't remember the last good receiver that came out of Texas A&M though, I always thought they produced good D players.

my sleeper pick is Dwight Jones, he looked pretty sick this past weekend, how come no hype for him.

Greg Childs, anyone else think he reminds you of Julio Jones??

And of course Michael Floyd, pretty good start 154 yards, I don't think hes a top 10 pick though, of course a good 40 time could change that.

Jones hadn't produced anything until last year, when he exploded. I doubt he was a one year wonder, especially after his strong first game. He just hadn't had a chance to start until last year.

In the shadow of Greg Little no doubt.
Blackmon aka the prince destroyer.
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Blackmon aka the prince destroyer.

Jeff Fuller aka the PP destroyer
Blackmon

* Just had another 100+yard receiving game, his 14th in a row.
* Has had at least one receiving touchdown in 13 of those 14 games.
* Has had multiple receiving touchdowns in 7 of those 13 games
* In that 14 game span, these are his stats: 131 catches (nearly 10/game), 2054 receiving yards (146.7 average), 22 touchdowns

beast, Beast, BEAST

now I know the Big XII isn't known for having great defenses, but these stats would be impressive even if he was playing in the Sunbelt.

Blackmon

* In that 14 game span, these are his stats: 131 catches (nearly 10/game), 2054 receiving yards (146.7 average), 22 touchdowns

beast, Beast, BEAST

now I know the Big XII isn't known for having great defenses, but these stats would be impressive even if he was playing in the Sunbelt.

he is legit. the thing that stands out is how good of a route runner he is, he creates a lot of seperation with how he runs those routes.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Blackmon

beast, Beast, BEAST

he is legit. the thing that stands out is how good of a route runner he is, he creates a lot of seperation with how he runs those routes.

Barring injury, he will be a Top 10 pick. I don't think it'd even matter if he ran a 4.60 flat, he'd still go Top 10.
without a oubt this is one of the most talented WR group to come out in a while

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If we had even an average QB, our passing attack would be dominant (as long as the OL played decent). If we don't keep Braylon, I think we'll draft a WR early. Even if we don't hang on to Edwards, we still have a shot at a VERY good WR within the first three rounds. In addition to the following five...

1. Blackmon
2. Jeffrey
3. Fuller
4. Childs
5. Floyd

These are several other players who could help upgrade our WR corps...

* Dwight Jones-WR-North Carolina, 6-4 225 4.53
* Kendall Wright-WR-Baylor, 5-10 190 4.42
* Nick Toon-WR-Wisconsin, 6-2 220 4.52
* Juron Criner-WR-Arizona, 6-4 215 4.62
Yeah, it's me the "I wanna know it all"-commie again.

I would be very thankful if you could explain to me why there are a bunch of players between Blackmon and Floyd. Don't tell me nothing about some feelings.
i really hope if theres no cb worth taking that somehow we end up with blackmon
Marvin Mcnutt is an absolute beast, every game he makes an incredible one handed catch. Kid had good size, speed and has excellent RAC ability
unless all teh CBs are taken and ashton jeffery and blackmon are not on the board i fully expects us to take a CB the CB crop is very deep this year so much 1st round talent
It really sucks that Jeffery is getting not exposure at South Carolina, Blackmon keeps building that resume every week
Share 49ersWebzone