There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Name your top-5 WR's to watch this season looking at the 2012 NFL Draft

Originally posted by vrabbit:
He's a good intriguing prospect for sure TO, definitely someone to target on Day 3

If he had ever played with a good QB his stock would be really high IMO. Maybe not first round or anything but he is a good player.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
Originally posted by cools:
Free agency is loaded with big split ends, It should be easy to lure someone here

I'd still like to draft a WR though, more of a fast/quick guy that gets seperation, I have us taking K.Wright, Baylor in the 2nd

Split end- V.Jackson, Morgan
Flanker- Crabtree, Wright
Slot/Return Specialist- Williams

Most logical potential WR lineup I've seen in awhile.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
He's a good intriguing prospect for sure TO, definitely someone to target on Day 3

If he had ever played with a good QB his stock would be really high IMO. Maybe not first round or anything but he is a good player.

yea I meant more round 4 when I said day 3
The way Kendall Wright and Dwight Jones are playing right now.. they may not even crack the 2nd round.

Wright with a thick, compact frame, built like Steve Smith and a big-time playmaker, already has approximately 1300 yards and 12 TD. Dwight Jones, a size mismatch at 6-4 225 has almost 1100 yards already with 8 TD.

As I've been saying for a while, this WR class is INSANELY deep. If all expected underclassmen declare, this could get very interesting. I don't know if I'll be doing many mocks this year. I've been way too busy to keep up with everything to the level that I have in previous years, so I don't expect to compete with MD in creating a big-board this year. Probably just a top 64.

Currently, this is my list of first round talent at WR:

Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers *
Kendall Wright, Baylor
Dwight Jones, North Carolina
Michael Floyd, Notre Dame
Nick Toon, Wisconsin
Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma St. *
Alshon Jeffrey, South Carolina *


2nd round talent:


Marvin McNutt, Iowa
Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M - I feel the skill is there, the potential just hasn't fully been tapped into/reached yet.
A.J. Jenkins, Illinois - I think he's getting there. Would consider him a late 2nd round talent at this point.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
He's a good intriguing prospect for sure TO, definitely someone to target on Day 3

If he had ever played with a good QB his stock would be really high IMO. Maybe not first round or anything but he is a good player.

yea I meant more round 4 when I said day 3

I'm a big fan of him and Jarius Wright. Another guy that's become real underrated is Greg Childs. He hasn't done anything this year since he recovered from the torn ACL and Mallett left, but he has the size and athleticism so you know the potential is there and the production is there. This year's WR class is insanely good.
Yes good call on Childs, he had a great year last season and has fallen off the map this year but the talent is there, he's gonna have to have great workouts and combine though
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Yes good call on Childs, he had a great year last season and has fallen off the map this year but the talent is there, he's gonna have to have great workouts and combine though

Childs could be there in the 5th, depending on workout numbers. Could be a steal if he remains healthy and showcases the ability he did with Mallett, in the NFL.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Yes good call on Childs, he had a great year last season and has fallen off the map this year but the talent is there, he's gonna have to have great workouts and combine though

Childs could be there in the 5th, depending on workout numbers. Could be a steal if he remains healthy and showcases the ability he did with Mallett, in the NFL.

watch the Patriots get him
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Marvin Mcnutt is an absolute beast, every game he makes an incredible one handed catch. Kid had good size, speed and has excellent RAC ability

your boy having a hell of day so far

yeah he just broke the school record for career recieving tds


<div class="video youtube-sORGA-2oRbQ"> </div>
<div class="video youtube-sORGA-2oRbQ">Dang they just left him wide open. Wtf? I like his size, seems to have decent speed too.</div>

I really like this kid. I think he'd be a perfect fit with Harbaugh/Roman

I do think with his size and his RAC ability he would fit in perfectly with this offense for sure. Really like his potential and think we could get him late 1st or in the 2nd round
sleeper prospect who's been BALLING since last year: Jordan White, Western Michigan.

6'0", 215 pounds.

2010 stats: 94 catches, 1378 yards, 10 TD
2011 stats: 110 catches, 1389 yards, 14 TD

today: 7 catches, 138 yards, 2 TD.

PLAYMAKER
Originally posted by vrabbit:
sleeper prospect who's been BALLING since last year: Jordan White, Western Michigan.

6'0", 215 pounds.

2010 stats: 94 catches, 1378 yards, 10 TD
2011 stats: 110 catches, 1389 yards, 14 TD

today: 7 catches, 138 yards, 2 TD.

PLAYMAKER

I hear murmurs that he is on the rise. I think they employ a different offensive system than they used to while Greg Jennings was there, hence the larger totals for White. (He has far surpassed Jennings' college numbers in each of these past couple of seasons.)

If the offensive system is the same, then that's impressive. Other than that, the only difference between the two players is this:

Jennings - 5-11 197 4.42 at combine
White - 6-0 215 4.54 estimated 40-time. So he's bigger and not quite as fast probably. But we'll see how he runs. I certainly wouldn't mind adding the next Greg Jennings...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The way Kendall Wright and Dwight Jones are playing right now.. they may not even crack the 2nd round.

Wright with a thick, compact frame, built like Steve Smith and a big-time playmaker, already has approximately 1300 yards and 12 TD. Dwight Jones, a size mismatch at 6-4 225 has almost 1100 yards already with 8 TD.

As I've been saying for a while, this WR class is INSANELY deep. If all expected underclassmen declare, this could get very interesting. I don't know if I'll be doing many mocks this year. I've been way too busy to keep up with everything to the level that I have in previous years, so I don't expect to compete with MD in creating a big-board this year. Probably just a top 64.

Currently, this is my list of first round talent at WR:

Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers *
Kendall Wright, Baylor
Dwight Jones, North Carolina
Michael Floyd, Notre Dame
Nick Toon, Wisconsin
Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma St. *
Alshon Jeffrey, South Carolina *


2nd round talent:


Marvin McNutt, Iowa
Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M - I feel the skill is there, the potential just hasn't fully been tapped into/reached yet.
A.J. Jenkins, Illinois - I think he's getting there. Would consider him a late 2nd round talent at this point.

Those guys won't all go in the 1st. That would be 1 out of every 4 picks. Lots of good OTs, QBs DLs and CBs too.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
sleeper prospect who's been BALLING since last year: Jordan White, Western Michigan.

6'0", 215 pounds.

2010 stats: 94 catches, 1378 yards, 10 TD
2011 stats: 110 catches, 1389 yards, 14 TD

today: 7 catches, 138 yards, 2 TD.

PLAYMAKER

I hear murmurs that he is on the rise. I think they employ a different offensive system than they used to while Greg Jennings was there, hence the larger totals for White. (He has far surpassed Jennings' college numbers in each of these past couple of seasons.)

If the offensive system is the same, then that's impressive. Other than that, the only difference between the two players is this:

Jennings - 5-11 197 4.42 at combine
White - 6-0 215 4.54 estimated 40-time. So he's bigger and not quite as fast probably. But we'll see how he runs. I certainly wouldn't mind adding the next Greg Jennings...

6th year senior with 2 knee injuries already
  • Ether
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,496
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Marvin Mcnutt is an absolute beast, every game he makes an incredible one handed catch. Kid had good size, speed and has excellent RAC ability

your boy having a hell of day so far

yeah he just broke the school record for career recieving tds


<div class="video youtube-sORGA-2oRbQ"> </div>
<div class="video youtube-sORGA-2oRbQ">Dang they just left him wide open. Wtf? I like his size, seems to have decent speed too.</div>

I really like this kid. I think he'd be a perfect fit with Harbaugh/Roman

I do think with his size and his RAC ability he would fit in perfectly with this offense for sure. Really like his potential and think we could get him late 1st or in the 2nd round

Against Alfonzo Dennard yesterday... 4 catches 29 yards.
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
sleeper prospect who's been BALLING since last year: Jordan White, Western Michigan.

6'0", 215 pounds.

2010 stats: 94 catches, 1378 yards, 10 TD
2011 stats: 110 catches, 1389 yards, 14 TD

today: 7 catches, 138 yards, 2 TD.

PLAYMAKER

I hear murmurs that he is on the rise. I think they employ a different offensive system than they used to while Greg Jennings was there, hence the larger totals for White. (He has far surpassed Jennings' college numbers in each of these past couple of seasons.)

If the offensive system is the same, then that's impressive. Other than that, the only difference between the two players is this:

Jennings - 5-11 197 4.42 at combine
White - 6-0 215 4.54 estimated 40-time. So he's bigger and not quite as fast probably. But we'll see how he runs. I certainly wouldn't mind adding the next Greg Jennings...

6th year senior with 2 knee injuries already

in '06 and '08, he seems well past those issues right now