LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Boatload of picks or a top ten player? You be the GM, if we had a trade partner.

Boatload of picks or a top ten player? You be the GM, if we had a trade partner.

Take your pick. If we could do it all over again.
We almost did get what ATL gave Clevland. I woulda loved that. We probably would've gone Jimmy Smith @ our new position.

Plus we'd have a hundred picks to trade to #1 next year for Andrew Luck. I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland did that.
Your title says it all.

"If we had a trade partner"

The Niners did not have a trade partner at #7. Turn the page. The debate should be Aldon, Prince or R. Quinn or someone else.
The picks. A first rounder this year, next year, and a number of other selections. Easy call.

The Browns had a great, great draft, one of the best of any team.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Your title says it all.

"If we had a trade partner"

The Niners did not have a trade partner at #7. Turn the page. The debate should be Aldon, Prince or R. Quinn or someone else.

That's probably why he didn't title the thread "do you wish we had a trade partner?"
He's asking more of would you do the same thing the Browns did?

Aldon, Prince or Quinn? Man, turn the page. We made our choice.
There are probably more trade partners between 1-5 than 6-10. Cleveland lucked out in getting all those draft picks for what turned out to be a wide receiver. I believe any team would jump at the chance to trade down for all those picks. The team that trades up is in brain drain mode to make such a move.
Aldon Smith wasn't worth where we picked him. But what can you do? We couldn't find a trade partner in time apparently.
Could we have gotten a stud pass rusher at Atlanta's pick? Dubious.

i wouldnt mind either way with our pick we get a potential top pass rusher

if we got atlanta pick we wouldnt really have a good pass rusher and our team wouldnt really improve this year

we would have 2 first round picks next year but one will be near the end of the first rorund next year
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i wouldnt mind either way with our pick we get a potential top pass rusher

if we got atlanta pick we wouldnt really have a good pass rusher and our team wouldnt really improve this year

we would have 2 first round picks next year but one will be near the end of the first rorund next year

Pretty much this. Quantity is one thing, though, but pass rush is hard to come by. If Smith lives up to expectations, then a bucket-load of lower picks would be a poor exchange.
My guess is if we would have traded with Atlanta we would of taken Kaepernick at # 27 in the first roud and a corner or OLB in the 2nd and 3rd. Sounds like Baalke was trying to trade back up in the 1st to get Kaepernick but still managed to get him in the 2nd. Getting those extra picks would of been nice but I'm happy the way it worked out.
Not an easy decision. A top rate pass rusher [9-10 sacks a season] is too good to pass by yet it can be very tempting.
I guess I'll stick with the hand we dealt ourselves.
I would do the trade back everytime unless I was able to get a sure fire starter at a need position.
Share 49ersWebzone