There are 184 users in the forums

If we got the 1st pick next year, do we take Luck even though we've got Kap?

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i was looking at a ton of mock drafts (mainly to see where poeple have us) everyone has us going in the top ish

reason being is that we have a hard schedule and new coaches and system with limited time to practice

Uh, what? The Niners do not have a hard schedule. They have the third weakest schedule of opponents based on winning percentage.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35095/2011-strength-of-schedule

Yes, they will be challenged by having a new coach, a new system, and little time to install it. I just don't see the Niners being in a position to draft Luck unless they trade up to get there.

havent we had one of the weakest schedules for a couple years now
If we had the first pick, i'd say yeah. Cuz we'd be like a New England type.

Build up all our QB's then let one go for a few first round picks. LIke they did Cassell.

But I hope we arent thinking that our season is tanked already, and this is just a simple what if topic.
Too many IFs to consider.

Luck could perform at a lower level, ala Jake Locker.

How did we get the first pick? If we lose the first twelve, put in Kaepernick, and he wins 3 of 4 and plays well, what then?
Absolutely.

Panthers just took a QB #1 even though they have Clausen. Philly is looking to trade their former 2nd round pick QB Kolb because they have Vick and should get a fair deal back for him.

If this were to happen, Kap could be one of these highly coveted backup QBs that needy teams view as a cheap savior. He'll have a couple years development under Harbaugh, and we could probably get back the 2nd rounder we used on him and more.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
yes we would, but man I pray that does not happen. Means we would be the worst team in the NFL again. I am tired of the losing
Originally posted by AthensGaNiner:
Too many IFs to consider.

Luck could perform at a lower level, ala Jake Locker.

How did we get the first pick? If we lose the first twelve, put in Kaepernick, and he wins 3 of 4 and plays well, what then?

Luck = Leinart = Locker

If we have the opportunity to draft a QB prospect (with the #1 pick or the #7 pick) I say yes. We have too many weapons on offense to let them go to waste with a bad QB.
no
I don't see how the Niners can do any worse than last year when we had the arguably the dumbest head coach in the league. Realistically, I don't see how we end up with the first pick. We'd have to go 2-14 or 3-13. I know the lockout is kind of messing with things, but really?
It won't happen.
Yes

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i was looking at a ton of mock drafts (mainly to see where poeple have us) everyone has us going in the top ish

reason being is that we have a hard schedule and new coaches and system with limited time to practice

Uh, what? The Niners do not have a hard schedule. They have the third weakest schedule of opponents based on winning percentage.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35095/2011-strength-of-schedule

Yes, they will be challenged by having a new coach, a new system, and little time to install it. I just don't see the Niners being in a position to draft Luck unless they trade up to get there.

Parity says that most likely will change.
Originally posted by a24hrdad:
Mark this down, "Luck's status will drop this season". New HC, new OC new offense. That plus how many sure fire #1 QB's that decided to stay in college kept that spot the next year?

I think we have a good chance to draft him next season. If we draft him or not, I think depends on the QB play this season.

Luck is not going to fall unless he pulls a Jake Locker and demonstrates new inaccuracies in throwing the ball and poor mechanics. Also, no one else has the NFL measureables. He may not make as much money as #1 overall, but will be #1 overall without a doubt, especially if the first slotted team to make a pick needs a QB. Sorry
yes we would, but man I pray that does not happen. Means we would be the worst team in the NFL again. I am tired of the losing

It ain't gonna happen
Originally posted by cwilson830:

It ain't gonna happen

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by cwilson830:

It ain't gonna happen

i doubt it as well we have a new coach who acually knows how to gameplan

and besides what people say we have an AVERAGE qb at the least (i call 48 td and 38 int since rookie year average)

one thing that can really take us to the next step is that we have to sign a FA CB (namdi joseph taylor etc) they are at least 6-7 cbs who can come to the niners and make an impact

and on offense i want crabtree to actually attend C and OTA and preseason it would really help him out as well as the team

im starting to think that crabtree is behind this lockout to avoid playing TC and preseason
Share 49ersWebzone