LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Next years draft

Heads up on any players we should watch? Teams? I know about a few guys like Luck, Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, obviously the high profile QBs. Also know about Alshon Jeffery and Justin Blackmon at WR. How about some OLBs, CBs, Safeties, NTs, running backs, under the radar QBs, etc?
http://cfn.scout.com/2/1041584.html
NT, CB, DE must be taken
  • buck
  • Veteran
Take one guy off the list for next year.

Florida senior cornerback Janoris Jenkins, arrested three times in the last 23 months, has been kicked off the Gators’ football team, the school announced after Jenkins met with coach Will Muschamp Tuesday morning.

“After meeting with Janoris Jenkins today, we both felt it was in his best interest to move ahead to the next stage of his career,” Muschamp said.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-04-26/florida-cb-janoris-jenkins-kicked-off-team

He will probably enter the supplemental draft if there is one.
Originally posted by buck:

Florida senior cornerback Janoris Jenkins, arrested three times in the last 23 months, has been kicked off the Gators’ football team, the school announced after Jenkins met with coach Will Muschamp Tuesday morning.

“After meeting with Janoris Jenkins today, we both felt it was in his best interest to move ahead to the next stage of his career,” Muschamp said.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-04-26/florida-cb-janoris-jenkins-kicked-off-team

yup i heard he is entering the supplemental draft

id give a 2nd for him easily he is a top 20 pick
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

A second is much to high for a guy with his head.

He did get busted three times in less than two years--not all that bright.

he has potential shut down cb qualities easily top 10 to top 20 talent

however youre right about not having his head on straight this may be a wake up call for him and all he got arrested for was weed (i think) not that big of a deal
  • buck
  • Veteran

he has potential shut down cb qualities easily top 10 to top 20 talent

however youre right about not having his head on straight this may be a wake up call for him and all he got arrested for was weed (i think) not that big of a deal

I agree that weed in and of itself is not a big deal, but being stupid and/or arrogant enough to get busted that often is clearly problematic. In addition, the busts might only be the surface of the existing problems.

Many team will not even touch him at this point. If there is a supplemental draft, he will lucky to get drafted.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ryan Lindley QB San Diego State

Height: 6-4
Weight: 215 lbs.
Class: Junior

What do you guys think would happen if we do really poorly this year, Kap never plays, and are in a position to draft a top QB prospect like Luck or Barkley next year? Would we take him?

Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
What do you guys think would happen if we do really poorly this year, Kap never plays, and are in a position to draft a top QB prospect like Luck or Barkley next year? Would we take him?

You have a chance to draft Luck you do not wait 1 second to turn in your draft card
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

If we are in a position to draft a top QB, then Harbaugh isn't the coach we all hope he is.
Cliff Harris CB/KR Oregon.
Jared Crick DE/DT Nebraska
Originally posted by AC49er:

You have a chance to draft Luck you do not wait 1 second to turn in your draft card

i am hoping Crabtree pulls his diva act, we trade him to Pathers for their 1st rd pick in 2012, they go 0-16 and Niners take Andrew Luck
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by AC49er:

i am hoping Crabtree pulls his diva act, we trade him to Pathers for their 1st rd pick in 2012, they go 0-16 and Niners take Andrew Luck

You'd have "The Icon" throwing to "The Diva"...
Share 49ersWebzone