LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Next years draft

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Aaron Murray/QB Georgia

He WILL be the 2nd QB off the board after Luck. Kid is built for NFL football...tough as nails and has a cannon WITH accuracy. UGA's offense was extremely young and had a sh*tload of injuries. He's a much better prospect than Gabbert and he rivals Stafford's arm strength.

You heard it here first.

I like Aaron Murray, but I think his stock will drop due to his height, hes barely 6'1".

I wonder if we'll draft a QB high again??? IMO, we should have waited this year to draft a QB, so much good ones coming out in 2012.

I agree, but if we struggle badly enough to be in position to draft Luck or Barkely then we'd definitely pull the same move as Carolina just has with Jimmy Clausen. Draft Luck, and then maybe a year or 2 down the road Kapaernick will be excellent trade bait like Matt Schaub was or Kevin Kolb currently is.
i think next year were gonna be looking at either WR or CB possibly NT if there is a first round grade on one a la phil taylor wilfork bj raji
Originally posted by RekeHavoc:
Justin Blackmon!

If we're drafting in the top 10 again. My guess is we'll probably have a 11-15 pick, meaning 7-9 record.

Our schedule is pretty tough next season so 7-9 would be pretty good considering the situation we're in with a new staff and the lockout.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Draft Jerry Rice
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Aaron Murray/QB Georgia

He WILL be the 2nd QB off the board after Luck. Kid is built for NFL football...tough as nails and has a cannon WITH accuracy. UGA's offense was extremely young and had a sh*tload of injuries. He's a much better prospect than Gabbert and he rivals Stafford's arm strength.

You heard it here first.

I like Aaron Murray, but I think his stock will drop due to his height, hes barely 6'1".

I wonder if we'll draft a QB high again??? IMO, we should have waited this year to draft a QB, so much good ones coming out in 2012.

I don't put much stock into height anymore. Especially now that NFL teams have figured out that passing windows are much more essential than the QB's ability to see over the lineman.

The only position I can see being drafted high again is at WR. As much as I like Josh Morgan he is very inconsistent and does not always play to his ability. That's what frustrates me so much about this team. If you look @ it objectively...they're loaded...but they also havent been coached properly since they've been drafted.

I read your posts a lot as well and well respected...do you believe that investing a high round pick in a QB is in the best interest at this point? Or do we trust our coach to use his expertise to maximize the talent we already have?
Share 49ersWebzone