There are 244 users in the forums

Rewind the clock: Merecic or Hunter?

Rewind the clock: Merecic or Hunter?

I know a lot of people like the Hunter pick, but if you could rewind the clock, who would you pick again?

I personally feel that Marecic would have been able to come in and play in place of Norris straight away. I can't stand Norris and I believe he brings nothing of value. On the other hand, Hunter could be a good player in his own right. However, it feels that every year, there are RBs of Hunter's pre-draft value.

So, Hunter or Marecic?

-9fA
Hunter is a better player by far. It's not close.
Hunter by far. HBs have far more value than FBs.
Hunter... easily. Much higher value in a RB with his skills than a FB.

Marecic is a 5th or 6th round hammer.... Hunter is a 2nd/3rd round RB.
Hunter was the BPA. 2nd round value vs. a 4th-5th round guy. Easy choice.
Hunter is something we didn't have on our roster... a shifty, fast HB who can hide behind our big OL and explode into the hole (heh).
We have a FB who doesn't catch well already.
Hunter is the burner weve been trying to find for years. so down for this pick
Never saw Hunter play a game but sounds like he is that 2nd RB that can run/ catch . Cya Westbrook no more need for ya. I wonder if we are going to see many 2 RB backfields?
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Wut

People look at his size being 5'8 and assume this dude is blazing fast. He's not even close to a burner. He's shifty and has good change of direction ability as a Nebraska fan who watched plenty of other Big 12 games, I can say that more times than not, he will be run down after 20-30 yards before scoring a 60 yard touchdown.

Some people really cannot spell.
Hunter. Quality RB >>>>>>>>> Quality FB
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Wut

People look at his size being 5'8 and assume this dude is blazing fast. He's not even close to a burner. He's shifty and has good change of direction ability as a Nebraska fan who watched plenty of other Big 12 games, I can say that more times than not, he will be run down after 20-30 yards before scoring a 60 yard touchdown.

If he is getting 20-30 yards before he gets run down, he is doing a very good job of running.

Also if we just play him in the red zone, that problem will be eliminated.

Hunter, not even close. A RB like Hunter is way more valuable then any FB.
RB before FB all day.
Share 49ersWebzone