There are 202 users in the forums

Seahawks and Cards don't draft QBs

Kolb will go to either Arizona or Washington. Bulger will be Arizona's #2 choice.

Palmer will be a Seahawk.
im so happy the seahawks drafted a shiny new OT for Aldon to destroy right out of the box. the whole division is gonna hate Aldon Smith by the end of the year. guys gonna be a monster. kinda upset we gotta see PP twice against arizona but with harbaughs offense i dont think it should be a problem
The word is that the Cards are going after Bulger and follow in Warner's footsteps, Hasselbeck didn't sign because he wanted to see what the Hawks were gonna do to improve the offense and what other teams that might want were gonna do. The hawks are rumored to be one of the teams to be in the hunt for Kolb. Also, Palmer has been linked to every team in the NFC West except the lambs, and any other team in the western hemisphere needing a QB.

If Baalke is smart, he wouldn't hedge all his bets on Alex Smith, should try for Hasselbeck, Palmer or even Tampa's number 2. That way when JH sees what Alex is really like in pre-season or during the season he'll have an option. If Alex can't handle the competition, to bad, cause that means he can't handle the pressure of taking the niners to the playoffs. Besides, Carr is outta here, so we still need another QB in camp even if Alex accepts the deal.

The Rams and Cards did a decent job in the draft and are the teams to look out for, I won't worry about the hawks cause I think JH has Carrols number
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:

The Rams and Cards did a decent job in the draft and are the teams to look out for, I won't worry about the hawks cause I think JH has Carrols number

Yeah the seahawks basically did what we did last year, with two high picks on offensive linemen.(iupati and davis were obviously higher draft stock though, hawks really got screwed by making the playoffs and beating the saints lol). O-linemen in particular take a few years to develop so our o-line should protect its QB a lot better than theirs, and aldon+justin will rip them apart.

If anyone's thinking about dumping the season for Luck it's probably carroll- think about how badly he'd like to get his hands on Harbaugh's QB, that'd be pure evil lol.
Aldon smith and Patrick Willis will make their pussies bleed
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Im shocked both of these teams stayed away from QB.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Seajocks are probably going with Whitehurst and AZ with Skelton or a veteran free agent.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Seajocks are probably going with Whitehurst and AZ with Skelton or a veteran free agent.

I hope thats true, they both suck
Originally posted by mayo49:

I hope thats true, they both suck
if we keep alex smith we would have the second best qb in the division lol!
I really didn't understand the cards draft. Their most glaring needs last were QB, OL, and pass rush... I don't think they helped ANY of these positions. Acho was the only olb they drafted and he isn't really known for his pass rush ability. Then I hear they plan on signing Bulger who was murdered behind the Ram's OL(i'm amazed he can still walk straight) and place him behind their wet cardboard line... But hey they got another RB that will get stopped at the los and another weapon they can't get the ball to! Oh and of course PP7 who I think will be their next Rolle. Maybe they really want Luck!

[ Edited by redngold21 on May 1, 2011 at 08:50:38 ]

Yea i don't get why everyone is so high on their draft either. Kiper gave them a C on their needs. Yes they got PP and he seems like he's a homerun. but then they drafted a RB who has character issues. They think they are drafting their own VD in the TE they picked up in the 3rd (fastest TE in the draft) who cant block. Acho isn't gonna be the pass rush threat they are hoping for. No QB, no O line help, no receiver to help when Breaston (who they think is pretty much gone) walks.

Don't even get me started on the Hawks, theirs was just terrible
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Yea i don't get why everyone is so high on their draft either. Kiper gave them a C on their needs. Yes they got PP and he seems like he's a homerun. but then they drafted a RB who has character issues. They think they are drafting their own VD in the TE they picked up in the 3rd (fastest TE in the draft) who cant block. Acho isn't gonna be the pass rush threat they are hoping for. No QB, no O line help, no receiver to help when Breaston (who they think is pretty much gone) walks.

The didn't need another rookie, they took two last year. FA vet is obiously the plan for a team a couple years removed from the superbowl. I think they had a pretty good draft.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Cards want Bulger
Haws Want Palmer
imo

I believe this also.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

The didn't need another rookie, they took two last year. FA vet is obiously the plan for a team a couple years removed from the superbowl. I think they had a pretty good draft.

The QB is a moot point. They desperatly need to revamp their oline and pass rush and did neither. Instead they added another high pick RB and a pass catching TE with ok hands and questionable blocking ability. People seem to look at their draft see Peterson and everything is great! Their secondary wasn't even that bad last year.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Cards want Bulger
Haws Want Palmer
imo

I believe this also.

bulger is old news (and was never that good) if palmer cant suceed with TO and Ocho cinco then i doubt he will do great in seattle when the o line sucks
Share 49ersWebzone