LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

If the talent is there, how about another OLB?

It's possible one of these four will be there:

Akeem Ayers UCLA OLB
Justin Houston Georgia OLB
Brooks Reed Arizona OLB
Jabaal Sheard Pittsburgh OLB

Would you if we took one?
i still like Houston
Ill take Brooks Reed, wouldnt have a problem with it
i wouldnt mind one bit but i would want a guy who has dropped back into coverage in college and is good at it because if we do this we lose lawson who is one of the best coverage LB in nfl (also one of the best against the runs)
i thought bowers was still available?
no question our pass rush is/was one of our biggest weaknesses. So no, I wouldn't . Especially if we end up getting Stanzi later and bring in a CB FA like Nmandi (SP?)
I'd be okay with it with it.
Originally posted by pupsingh:

I don't think Bowers is projected as a 3-4 OLB.
Well, there are a lot of other areas I would like to see fixed first.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by pupsingh:

I don't think Bowers is projected as a 3-4 OLB.

ur right he is a 4-3 DE stricly

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
no question our pass rush is/was one of our biggest weaknesses. So no, I wouldn't . Especially if we end up getting Stanzi later and bring in a CB FA like Nmandi (SP?)

I agree....If we have ashot at one of these, you'd think it would instantly make the whole D better to have a significantly improved pass rush. (I don't think even Nnamdi knows how to spell it)
I'd be okay with Reed or Houston. I prefer houston a bit more.
well i think a group of aldon takeo willis lawson could be a formidable combo. Of course it depends on if lawson could step up his game, and maybe he will now that he has competition
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sounds good to me, and hopefully one of them can play qb.
Id be cool with it as long as we addressed QB in Free Agency or trade. Id be really ok with it if we signed Nnamdi.
Share 49ersWebzone