LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

If the talent is there, how about another OLB?

Originally posted by pupsingh:
well i think a group of aldon takeo willis lawson could be a formidable combo. Of course it depends on if lawson could step up his game, and maybe he will now that he has competition

Brooks should also be developing nicely.
Originally posted by susweel:
Sounds good to me, and hopefully one of them can play qb.

NT and CB. Not to mention receiver and fullback. Multitasking in todays NFL

I think OTC has laid out the clearest arguement against drafting a QB (rds 1-3) this year. Though, if JH drafts one, then we're all obviously going to assume that he knows what he's doing. But is it worth it to move up for one? In a year when QB value is so overinflated that it has pushed rd1 talent into rd 2?
I`d take Brooks Reed all day if hes there at 45.
Originally posted by English:

I'm not trying to "sell" anyone on the idea of OLB, OLB, ____ as our first three picks, but just trying to gauge the reaction to it.

My personal choice would be BPA - period. Whether that be Cannon, Powe, That CB from Texas, whatever. Just keep going BPA. But BPA might very well be an OLB, and perhaps that isn't a bad thing?
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
It's possible one of these four will be there:

Akeem Ayers UCLA OLB
Justin Houston Georgia OLB
Brooks Reed Arizona OLB
Jabaal Sheard Pittsburgh OLB

Would you if we took one?

I think Houstons best fit would be at 4-3 DE. I would be ok with Reed or Sheard
  • dman
  • Veteran
I would love to have Ayers

I'm not trying to "sell" anyone on the idea of OLB, OLB, ____ as our first three picks, but just trying to gauge the reaction to it.

My personal choice would be BPA - period. Whether that be Cannon, Powe, That CB from Texas, whatever. Just keep going BPA. But BPA might very well be an OLB, and perhaps that isn't a bad thing?

And thats my reaction. BPA is never that absolute. The choice is unlikely to be that clear cut. And God knows we have some holes to fill.

But dont worry. Nobody actually making the decisions is taking the blindest bit of notice of what we say.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

And thats my reaction. BPA is never that absolute. The choice is unlikely to be that clear cut. And God knows we have some holes to fill.

But dont worry. Nobody actually making the decisions is taking the blindest bit of notice of what we say.

WHAT!?!?!?!?

Then why the hell am I spending so much time posting on this board. I thought this fed in to the war room. DAMMIT!

Originally posted by Otter:

WHAT!?!?!?!?

Then why the hell am I spending so much time posting on this board. I thought this fed in to the war room. DAMMIT!

Sorry Mr Harbaugh. Its only Otter. He doesnt mean any harm.

Originally posted by saniner:
It's possible one of these four will be there:

Akeem Ayers UCLA OLB
Justin Houston Georgia OLB
Brooks Reed Arizona OLB
Jabaal Sheard Pittsburgh OLB

Would you if we took one?

I think Houstons best fit would be at 4-3 DE. I would be ok with Reed or Sheard

Why do you think Houston would be better at 4-3 DE?

His draft stock rose when UGA switched to a 3-4 last year and he played OLB. He recorded 18.5 Tackles for a loss and 10 Sacks. Which is more production than Reed and Sheard. I'm not saying Houston is going to be a star as a 3-4 OLB but to dismiss Houston as a 3-4 OLB is just wrong.
Originally posted by pupsingh:
i thought bowers was still available?

I don't think Bowers is projected as a 3-4 OLB.

He'd play the 5 technique in the 3-4.
that would be dope. completely load up on passrushing OLBs to make our defense scary again
Fine especially Brooks. Opposing Qb's had all day. J Smith was the only consistent pressure. Frankly we need another OLB. Harralson sucks, LaBoy is just above average.

If we can land Asomugth[sp] we'll be in pretty good shape.
And Brooks Reed would have been on the board where we were drafting too. :( From the start, I wanted Peterson and Reed. Seeing Reed still on the board this morning, I still thought that would be a good pick. Haralson is nothing. Yes he gets some sacks here and there, but he does not show any consistant pressure. The same with LaBoy. I thought with two young and athletic OLB's to get after the QB, it might help entice one of those top free agents CB's to sign here and fill that void.

Oh well
Share 49ersWebzone