There are 151 users in the forums

Trade our 2nd and 3rd picks

Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for Aussie49er.
This should be the only option. With the lock out supposedly back on, why waste anymore picks drafting players in a weak draft? Sign Alex Smith or Troy Smith and let them sail these rough seas, don't make a rookie QB or FA QB come in with no experience of our receivers tendencies and think its an automatic upgrade.

I hate to break it to you draft junkies, this season is getting closer to being toast, why p*ss away picks on weak players in a draft that may have its rookies growth stunted because the season might not even kick off. Just think, if there is no season this year, next seasons rookies will be far more football ready than this years, isn't that a red flag??????

The only option I want to see our management do is trade trade trade. Trade back in the second and 3rd rounds to try and get more 2nd and 3rd round picks next year. I wanted them to do that with our 1st as well but they took a questionable pick there.

People always gloat on how NE are draft gurus, well why can't we take a page out of their book and start planing for 1 draft while also being in another??????
The voice of reason and reality uses gets ignored
  • dj43
Given the way recent court decisions have gone, I no longer think the start of the season will be delayed.
How bout..................NO!!!
we should have traded our 1st rd pick for anyones' next year's first. our second and third this year for someone's 1st next year. Then take all 3 of our 1st picks next year to grab andrew luck!

this is madden right?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we should have traded our 1st rd pick for anyones' next year's first. our second and third this year for someone's 1st next year. Then take all 3 of our 1st picks next year to grab andrew luck!

this is madden right?

Yes because any sort of out of the box thinking can be chalked up to Madden, nice logic. I have mentioned Luck in other posts, yes, but even if you can get him, at least you have extra picks in a draft that very well might be far beneficial to the team than this one.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Okay, but don't complain next year if there is no season or a very limited and this crop of rookies have had their growth stunted because people got too swept up in draft day hysteria.
Originally posted by Aussie49er:

Okay, but don't complain next year if there is no season or a very limited and this crop of rookies have had their growth stunted because people got too swept up in draft day hysteria.

You do realise that whatever we say or think has no impact on what actually happens, dont you? The only people getting swept up in draft day hysteria are the fans.
Originally posted by English:

You do realise that whatever we say or think has no impact on what actually happens, dont you? The only people getting swept up in draft day hysteria are the fans.

Well last time I checked those in charge of this team are "people" as well. There is a big fat elephant sitting in the room called uncertainty, you may have heard of him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

this is madden right?

______

The tricky thing about next year's draft is there may not be a "next year's draft". Very likely that there will be. But it makes a difficult gamble even more difficult.

Originally posted by okdkid:

this is madden right?

______

The tricky thing about next year's draft is there may not be a "next year's draft". Very likely that there will be. But it makes a difficult gamble even more difficult.

I think there is far more chance of no season vs no draft

this is madden right?
seriously though, we should do everything possible to better our chances of getting our hands on Luck next draft.
Originally posted by English:

Well last time I checked those in charge of this team are "people" as well. There is a big fat elephant sitting in the room called uncertainty, you may have heard of him.

• dj43
I'll say it again, GIVEN RECENT COURT DECISIONS, it has become highly likely a new CBA will be in place well before the start of the 2011 season.

The current political climate is VERY pro-union, hence it would be foolish for any team to set strategy on the POSSIBILITY that there will not be an agreement in place this season.
Share 49ersWebzone