LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Trade our 2nd and 3rd picks

Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we should have traded our 1st rd pick for anyones' next year's first. our second and third this year for someone's 1st next year. Then take all 3 of our 1st picks next year to grab andrew luck!

this is madden right?

The logic behind his comment is laughable at best

New England uses this tactic and they are draft gurus, somebody who isn't an NFL person says it and its Madden right?

FAIL for both of you
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
we should have traded our 1st rd pick for anyones' next year's first. our second and third this year for someone's 1st next year. Then take all 3 of our 1st picks next year to grab andrew luck!

this is madden right?

New England uses this tactic and they are draft gurus, somebody who isn't an NFL person says it and its Madden right?

FAIL for both of you

i was joking man. I wish the 9ers would pull something like that. Luck is worth it!
Originally posted by dj43:
I'll say it again, GIVEN RECENT COURT DECISIONS, it has become highly likely a new CBA will be in place well before the start of the 2011 season.

The current political climate is VERY pro-union, hence it would be foolish for any team to set strategy on the POSSIBILITY that there will not be an agreement in place this season.

A CBA with who? The NFL and the Players Uni......errrrrrr.

this is madden right?

FAIL for both of you

i was joking man. I wish the 9ers would pull something like that. Luck is worth it!

I'm sorry for not realising you were joking.

From what I hear this draft is weak anyways, so why keep picks in a weak draft. Why play checkers when you can play chess.
  • dj43
I'll say it again, GIVEN RECENT COURT DECISIONS, it has become highly likely a new CBA will be in place well before the start of the 2011 season.

The current political climate is VERY pro-union, hence it would be foolish for any team to set strategy on the POSSIBILITY that there will not be an agreement in place this season.

I don't have time to go back and pull all the quotes from Judge Nelson and legal analysts, but in effect, they were saying that the de-certification had little impact. It still has de facto status and with a positive decision from the Appeals court, plus political pressure that would bring, a new agreement would be signed within a couple of weeks...and we would have football.

I'm out of time for now...

this is madden right?

nvmnd

[ Edited by ninerlifer on Apr 29, 2011 at 12:56:12 ]

I don't have time to go back and pull all the quotes from Judge Nelson and legal analysts, but in effect, they were saying that the de-certification had little impact. It still has de facto status and with a positive decision from the Appeals court, plus political pressure that would bring, a new agreement would be signed within a couple of weeks...and we would have football.

Well the temp stay that might be granted would lock players out for a week they say until the real appeal is heard. You are kidding yourself if you think a new CBA will be signed in a couple of weeks. If at best you will have a full season, with a very limited training camp and preseason, how is that beneficial for rookies? So you'd be carrying a lot of inexperienced rookies who have barely had any training camp into a season with vets who have been scampering to settle into new teams themselves. How is that a good scenario? Plus I haven't even mentioned the fact that our old players have a new coach and new system.

Of course its not, but lets waste picks anyway, because our fan base want care about these real issues.

Pro union ... except in Wisconsin. The 8th Circuit is going to b***h slap the player's union.
  • dj43

Well the temp stay that might be granted would lock players out for a week they say until the real appeal is heard. You are kidding yourself if you think a new CBA will be signed in a couple of weeks. If at best you will have a full season, with a very limited training camp and preseason, how is that beneficial for rookies? So you'd be carrying a lot of inexperienced rookies who have barely had any training camp into a season with vets who have been scampering to settle into new teams themselves. How is that a good scenario? Plus I haven't even mentioned the fact that our old players have a new coach and new system.

Of course its not, but lets waste picks anyway, because our fan base want care about these real issues.
It isn't going to drag on until August. This will all be settled well before July 1, from what has been said in court.

8th Circuit and the Wisconsin situation are apples/oranges.
If the 8th circuit court reverses this judges decision who cares what she has said.

None the less, you still have considered that this IS a weak draft and it WON'T be like any regular season we have had in recent years, so why risk picks? A rookie head coach is a tough hill to climb even under the best circumstances and I'm sorry these aren't the best circumstances. Lets not put him in a hole in his 1st season.

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
How bout..................NO!!!

Haha co sign
Originally posted by D-Money:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
How bout..................NO!!!

Haha co sign

Care to give a reason?

this is madden right?

FAIL for both of you

LOL, You joking? no way you never joke!!
I think we should trade our 2nd and a third....

..to move up and pick Dalton.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I think we should trade our 2nd and a third....

..to move up and pick Dalton.

I kindly disagree with this notion. They will most likely sign Smith to play QB. I'd prefer a QB next year, when QB's aren't being taken out of panic.
Share 49ersWebzone