There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Janoris Jenkins possible supplemental draft?

According to harbaugh, and Baalke, I'm not sure Jenkins is a "Gold Star" or a "49er" type player. They probably won't even look at him.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
According to harbaugh, and Baalke, I'm not sure Jenkins is a "Gold Star" or a "49er" type player. They probably won't even look at him.

I agree I dont either. Then again I did not think Aldon Smith would go #7 to us. Who knows but all I know we need help in the secondary.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by 4DNinersSon:
No problem giving up a second. He would be the 2nd or 3rd best corner in this draft had he come out this year. I love Peterson and think Akamura is over rated. Watch his OSU game against the only elite receiver he faced if you are convinced differently.

Dude its one f**king game and its not even that bad. We all know Blackmon is going to come in and make an impact next year. Prince is solid and I think in the long run could become an even better overall corner than Peterson. I think Peterson would be a monster Ed Reed type saftey IMO.

True it was one game but we already have problems covering elite speed receivers like Rody White and I don't think Prince would be an upgrade or more important than adding talent to the pass rush. Again, I understand it was one game for Prince, but he was completely owned. NFL offenses will eat him alive.
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by 4DNinersSon:
No problem giving up a second. He would be the 2nd or 3rd best corner in this draft had he come out this year. I love Peterson and think Akamura is over rated. Watch his OSU game against the only elite receiver he faced if you are convinced differently.

Dude its one f**king game and its not even that bad. We all know Blackmon is going to come in and make an impact next year. Prince is solid and I think in the long run could become an even better overall corner than Peterson. I think Peterson would be a monster Ed Reed type saftey IMO.

True it was one game but we already have problems covering elite speed receivers like Rody White and I don't think Prince would be an upgrade or more important than adding talent to the pass rush. Again, I understand it was one game for Prince, but he was completely owned. NFL offenses will eat him alive.

Prince would easily upgrade our secondary imo.

I also think "completely owned" is a overstatement. He got beat on three plays. One was a under thrown jump ball in which he had perfect coverage. The 2nd one he got beat by a single step and got a 15 yard pi. The third was a flea flicker where he showed great recovery speed.

I like the Aldon Smith pick though.
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by 4DNinersSon:
No problem giving up a second. He would be the 2nd or 3rd best corner in this draft had he come out this year. I love Peterson and think Akamura is over rated. Watch his OSU game against the only elite receiver he faced if you are convinced differently.

Dude its one f**king game and its not even that bad. We all know Blackmon is going to come in and make an impact next year. Prince is solid and I think in the long run could become an even better overall corner than Peterson. I think Peterson would be a monster Ed Reed type saftey IMO.

True it was one game but we already have problems covering elite speed receivers like Rody White and I don't think Prince would be an upgrade or more important than adding talent to the pass rush. Again, I understand it was one game for Prince, but he was completely owned. NFL offenses will eat him alive.

it was 3 plays he shut down aj green and julio jones (i think twice)

patrick peterson allowed julio jones to have 11 catches

the nfl will eat peterson alive
he was charged for marijuana...who cares??? if he was caught drinking a beer it would have been no problem at all.

i watched his videos and dayum...he is a playmaker that we desperately need! i say whether he is bigheaded or not we need him to make a big improvement to our secondary immediately.

Remember VD was a bad attitude on wheels and now he is the teams leader and is our MVP.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
wow

btw how does the supplemental draft thing work?

It is based on this years draft order of the first fround, then the order of the 2nd and so forth. They go team by team, if you want him you say yay and thats that, if not you pass. Then they go down the line. No takers in the first then it begins as if in the second, this keeps going till someone takes him.

Then they lose that rounds pick the following year. Of course if there is truly no draft next year, you got him for a bargin.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
For all the trouble Jenkins is getting in, his talent alone isn't going to make up for it enough to get him picked very high, supplemental draft or regular draft.

Kid's going to have to overcome questions about those character issues now on top of the serious injury he had surgery on.

So where's the highest you would see him going OTC? He has 1st Rd. talent, but like you mentioned has quite a few red flags? 4th Rd?

considering on how much we reached for in the draft I would still offer a 3rd. Players that have 1st round talent and have "character concerns" generally slip to 3rd/4th round picks. I dont consider marijuana charges a threat to his performance on the field.

Completely agree. And someone out of the 32 teams will give up a 3rd for him (Raiders--replacing Nnamdi with him. Maybe even the Jets letting Cromartie walk and drafting Jenkins comes to mind also)
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
wow

btw how does the supplemental draft thing work?

It is based on this years draft order of the first fround, then the order of the 2nd and so forth. They go team by team, if you want him you say yay and thats that, if not you pass. Then they go down the line. No takers in the first then it begins as if in the second, this keeps going till someone takes him.

Then they lose that rounds pick the following year. Of course if there is truly no draft next year, you got him for a bargin.

Sorry but your understanding of the supplemental draft is partially wrong.

First, it is a blind bid. You submit the pick you are using (Round 1 or Round 2 etc.) and wait to see if anyone out bid you. There is no passing and going down the line.

http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2003/0709/1578585.html


Second, the teams are broken into 3 categories for drafting order. It does NOT match the same order the college draft used.

http://www.drafthuddle.com/supplementaldraft.html
*I know this isn't an ESPN or NFL.com source but I have heard it before from better authorities...just can't find a quick link to it

This lottery system was part of the rumored "Luck waiting for supplemental draft" rumor so he could declare if SF somehow ends up with #1.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
wow

btw how does the supplemental draft thing work?

It is based on this years draft order of the first fround, then the order of the 2nd and so forth. They go team by team, if you want him you say yay and thats that, if not you pass. Then they go down the line. No takers in the first then it begins as if in the second, this keeps going till someone takes him.

Then they lose that rounds pick the following year. Of course if there is truly no draft next year, you got him for a bargin.

Sorry but your understanding of the supplemental draft is partially wrong.

First, it is a blind bid. You submit the pick you are using (Round 1 or Round 2 etc.) and wait to see if anyone out bid you. There is no passing and going down the line.

http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2003/0709/1578585.html


Second, the teams are broken into 3 categories for drafting order. It does NOT match the same order the college draft used.

http://www.drafthuddle.com/supplementaldraft.html
*I know this isn't an ESPN or NFL.com source but I have heard it before from better authorities...just can't find a quick link to it

This lottery system was part of the rumored "Luck waiting for supplemental draft" rumor so he could declare if SF somehow ends up with #1.

If multiple teams submit identical round bids, the player is awarded to the team that has priority based on the order set in the April draft (win-loss record, tiebreakers, coin flips, etc.).
is the supplemental draft still in place with the lockout? if so go get him. dude is a beast
Originally posted by valrod33:
If multiple teams submit identical round bids, the player is awarded to the team that has priority based on the order set in the April draft (win-loss record, tiebreakers, coin flips, etc.).

You are quoting the Chris Mortensen article. Points for catching that. But it is wrong.

I don't know if the rules changed since then (did you notice the date is 2003?) or if he simply wasn't aware of the lottery slotting when he wrote it.

The weighted lottery is how order is determined.

Plenty of other sources:

Fox news

Gregg Rosenthal

Or the actual draft history from 2010
NFL Draft 2010
Bears picked #11 in the April draft in the 7th round

And the supplemental draft from 2010
NFL Supplemental draft 2010
Bears picked #12 in the supplemental in the 7th round

[ Edited by Tigerlaw on May 5, 2011 at 10:25:08 ]
Originally posted by jnew62:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
For all the trouble Jenkins is getting in, his talent alone isn't going to make up for it enough to get him picked very high, supplemental draft or regular draft.

Kid's going to have to overcome questions about those character issues now on top of the serious injury he had surgery on.

So where's the highest you would see him going OTC? He has 1st Rd. talent, but like you mentioned has quite a few red flags? 4th Rd?

considering on how much we reached for in the draft I would still offer a 3rd. Players that have 1st round talent and have "character concerns" generally slip to 3rd/4th round picks. I dont consider marijuana charges a threat to his performance on the field.

Completely agree. And someone out of the 32 teams will give up a 3rd for him (Raiders--replacing Nnamdi with him. Maybe even the Jets letting Cromartie walk and drafting Jenkins comes to mind also)

yeah I think the Nnamdi deal will be kinda unrealistic for us to sign him. We just signed Vernon and Willis to huge contracts so I dont think the AC and JJ moves would be that bad of a move.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by jnew62:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
For all the trouble Jenkins is getting in, his talent alone isn't going to make up for it enough to get him picked very high, supplemental draft or regular draft.

Kid's going to have to overcome questions about those character issues now on top of the serious injury he had surgery on.

So where's the highest you would see him going OTC? He has 1st Rd. talent, but like you mentioned has quite a few red flags? 4th Rd?

considering on how much we reached for in the draft I would still offer a 3rd. Players that have 1st round talent and have "character concerns" generally slip to 3rd/4th round picks. I dont consider marijuana charges a threat to his performance on the field.

Completely agree. And someone out of the 32 teams will give up a 3rd for him (Raiders--replacing Nnamdi with him. Maybe even the Jets letting Cromartie walk and drafting Jenkins comes to mind also)

yeah I think the Nnamdi deal will be kinda unrealistic for us to sign him. We just signed Vernon and Willis to huge contracts so I dont think the AC and JJ moves would be that bad of a move.

im a realist i dont expect to sign namdi

im hoping for joseph ike taylor carr (not david lol) the guy from falcons ( i think his name is rambis) or the guy from the redskins

any of those guys are instant starters for us
I'd give up a 3rd for Jenkins