LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

If these 2 guys are sitting at No. 7....

Witch one should the niners select

Blaine Gabbert or Patrick Peterson?

i think you go with the best player available here & it clearly is Patrick Peterson

Gabbert will be a work in progress & he wont be a factor whatsoever next year

this year's QB draft class doesnt offer a top notch QB you can pick up a guy in 2nd round without giving up much.

Gabbert is all hype & for good reason's this QB draft class is dull as can be somebody has to look at least half decent in this year's class

I will be pissed off if the niners take Gabbert over Peterson

this would be another Kentwan Balmer over Deshaun Jackson type of draft if that was to happen
Here's an interesting rumor. I'm not sure Gabbert is the QB wanted.

"Was just told: "San Francisco loves Jake Locker. Willing to take Locker over Gabbert." Interesting"

LINK
Originally posted by TDawg1313:

"Was just told: "San Francisco loves Jake Locker. Willing to take Locker over Gabbert." Interesting"

LINK

Trade DOWN!!!! At #7, no!!!!

Interesting though...
IF that is true that would mean if Peterson isnt there at 7 then we trade back and draft Locker

If Peterson is there we take him then try and trade back into the first to draft Locker

If we take Locker at 7 i will punch 1000 babies in the face HARD

Or this could be a smokescreen and we really want Gabbert at 7

Is it Thursday yet?

[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 26, 2011 at 11:42:07 ]
Originally posted by ninertico:

LINK

Interesting though...

That's my thought too...but at the same time if Harbaugh signs off on it after seeing Locker so closely for so long I would be STOKED, because that means JH knows exactly what's wrong with Locker and what to do about it!
Smokescreen
I wouldnt take Gabbert until the middle of the first and since he wont be there then, I say Peterson
Gabbert and Locker are both garbage.

Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick or Stanzi at 45, then Delvin in the 5th, add a veteran and let's do this.
Originally posted by valrod33:
IF that is true that would mean if Peterson isnt there at 7 then we trade back and draft Locker

If Peterson is there we take him then try and trade back into the first to draft Locker

If we take Locker at 7 i will punch 1000 babies in the face HARD

Or this could be a smokescreen and we really want Gabbert at 7

Is it Thursday yet?

+1

[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Apr 26, 2011 at 11:52:23 ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Patrick Peterson.

End Thread.

Originally posted by ninertico:

LINK

Interesting though...

I would trade down if both Miller and Peterson are off the board.
should this even be a ?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Say we want Locker. Washington at #10 would be an ideal trade partner because they covet Gabbert.The problem with that is, Tennessee sitting at #8 would then take Locker, though there are reports that they also like Dalton. So, if Peterson is gone and it's between Quinn or trading down do we dare take Locker at #7?

[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 26, 2011 at 12:50:01 ]
Peterson. No contest
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
Report: Titans’ coaching staff divided on No. 8 overall pick

Posted by Evan Silva on April 26, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
AP
Jason La Canfora of NFL.com reports that there is a divide among the Titans’ coaching staff as to whom Tennessee should draft with the eighth overall selection.

The defensive coaches want Nick Fairley.

The offensive coaches want Andy Dalton.

Several league sources tell La Canfora that the Titans’ offensive staff considers Dalton “an elite prospect” with low bust potential, compared to the rest of the 2011 quarterback class. La Canfora “would not be surprised” if Tennessee drafted Dalton with the eighth pick in the draft.

The Titans’ defensive staff has obvious connections to Fairley because line coach Tracy Rocker performed the same role at Auburn last year. There isn’t an NFL team more familiar with Nick Fairley.

We suspect Fairley is higher on Tennessee’s draft board. But at the same time, quarterback is a more valuable position in the NFL, and the Titans don’t pick again until No. 39.

With one or two quarterback runs expected on the draft’s first day, the Titans may not have the luxury of waiting for theirs.

And if they truly believe Dalton is a franchise-caliber passer, there’s no sense in waiting for the second round, when Dalton easily could be off the board.
Share 49ersWebzone