There are 172 users in the forums

Report: Niners 'lukewarm' on slipping Gabbert

Or maybe lukewarm is a smoke screen, and they run to the podium with the card if he is there at #7.

We will know in less than 3 days.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
There is so much smoke filling the room these days, that it is impossible to see the truth. I doubt a slide past the Bengals at 4. What are the Bengals going to do? Start Jordan Palmer?

Agreed. Though I see them taking Green, and a QB in the 2nd.

The Giants were "lukewarm" on Pepper Johnson under Parcells. These comments don't mean anything.

I agree. If AJ Green is sitting there I dont see them passing on him. I would think that Ponder, Dalton, or Mallett will be available for them in round 2.

The real question is what will the Niners do because there is absolutley no assurance that one of those 2nd round QBs will be there when the Niners select in round 2. I could see passing on Gabbert IF they plan on moving back up to get their QB at the end of rd 1 or beginning of rd 2. I just cannot believe the Niners will allow themselves to come out of this draft without one of the top 6-7 QBs.
Good, would rather have Dalton in the second.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
If Gabbert is there at 7, and Peterson is not - I believe we will get a trading partner. Vikings and Redskins will be potential partners, while Miami and Jackonville with the outside chance.

I hope so.

I'm no draft guru, but I don't like the things I've been reading about Gabbert.
Originally posted by TDawg1313:
I posted this in another thread, but I think it deserves to be in this thread as well.

"Was just told: "San Francisco loves Jake Locker. Willing to take Locker over Gabbert." Interesting"

LINK

T found this...
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by TDawg1313:
I posted this in another thread, but I think it deserves to be in this thread as well.

"Was just told: "San Francisco loves Jake Locker. Willing to take Locker over Gabbert." Interesting"

LINK

T found this...

That would be a major reach at 7th pick..
Originally posted by valrod33:
Im confident in saying that the Niners will not draft Gabbert if he is there at 7

not even if peterson is gone?
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Im confident in saying that the Niners will not draft Gabbert if he is there at 7

Yeah... If Peterson gone.. I see us trading down..
Originally posted by fakers23:

this

you never know though, drafts are so unpredictable especially with the lockout going on. if we dont get peterson i hope we get prince.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

this

That
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:

this

That

That would be the smart move but it takes two to tango. So someone would have to have their eye on a player to move up to 7.
Originally posted by RKab:
Context is really an issue here. NFL-N needed to fill time on Path to the Draft so they were discussing possibilities of guys falling.

Lombardi made an off-hand remark saying he hears that SF is lukewarm so he may fall past 7.

Now I think SF is lukewarm on Gabbert. And I myself, am lukewarm on Gabbert. But to the extent this is being reported I really feel like they are grasping at straws.

Friggin' pundits "hearing" stuff.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

this

That

If Peterson is gone the niners will draft Quinn or Prince.

book it
Originally posted by susweel:

this

That

If Peterson is gone the niners will draft Quinn or Prince.

book it

You are right, sir...after trading down.
Share 49ersWebzone