LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Adam Schefter says 49ers looking to trade back

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
the ONto our pick LY team i see trading up (unless green and peterson are on the board) are the redskins for gabbert

I could see a team trading up for Quinn.. I think the 49ers don't really having him rated high,because has his coach said.. He a more of a 4-3 DE.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
If the Niners do trade down from Overall #7, (and Shefter is seldom wrong with his public prognostications), then neither Newton nor Gabbert is Harbaugh's designated QB. If the Niners trade down in Round 1, their first pick seems more likely to be a QB (Locker, Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick). At least, that's the way that I see it.

Trading down and getting our guy at quarterback is the most sensible thing to do in this draft. Franchises without quarterbacks get all hung up on other positions for some reason. i don't want the 49ers to be one of those teams.
Back in the day, the Falcons drafted Deion Sanders, the Saints had a ton of good players on their defense, the Rams had talent all around too, but we kept beating them up every Sunday through the 80's and 90's. Why? Because we had quarterbacks, and they didn't.

It won't be popular with fans, but even if we have to get our guy at #7 overall, then we have to do it; and no, I'm not talking about Gabbert or Newton.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Assuming Peterson and Miller are gone, i'd be very ok with trading down. Maybe Gabbert is there at 7, and the Skins will trade up with us. We get Amukamara at 10 and get another pick or two
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Assuming Peterson and Miller are gone, i'd be very ok with trading down. Maybe Gabbert is there at 7, and the Skins will trade up with us. We get Amukamara at 10 and get another pick or two

We could give them our 1st and 3rd and we get the Skins 1st and 2nd.

If we can trade back, pick up extra picks, and still get Prince, I'd be happy as hell. He's probably our target at 7 anyways.
If FA opens up before the draft I think we'll make a move and look to swap picks with Philly for Kolb. We'd probably need to throw in a 3rd also, but with our slew of mid-late round picks, it's not a big deal.

Then, Phil Taylor is our guy.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Tampa Bay ... then draft Kaep or Dalton. Maybe a wink wink nudge nudge with them for a future "trade consideration" for a certain backup QB.

That is too high for JJ
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

We could give them our 1st and 3rd and we get the Skins 1st and 2nd.

I like that a lot. Then trade one of our 2nd's and some other picks to move up and get a QB
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
The comment was said on ESPN's Sportscenter Draft Special show airing now.

I think this is a great idea as long as Miller and Peterson are gone. Trading back may give us a chance to land a solid player in the middle of the first as well as trading back up to take a QB like Ponder or Dalton.

What's your guys take on this? What teams do you think we could deal with outside of the obvious answer, New England? And what do you think we could get to move back to say, 17?

Yeah,he said if Peterson not there...They will look to trade down..

I bet they are hoping Gabbert falls to 7 if Peterson is taken early, so they can actually trade down.

More likely Peterson top on thier board and they don't feel Quinn,Gabbert, or Prince is worth giving top 7 money too..
Agreed
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I would only trade back if we snag another 2nd rounder. Doing so ensures we can get back into the late 1st and take any of the second-tier QBs.

Otherwise, considering the level of talent we may forgo in the early 1st, not sure that the risk/reward is in our favor.

Originally posted by ninertico:
Been saying it all along. No Peterson, Dareus or Miller, then trade down even if Gabbert is there. In fact, Gabbert would bring in a hefty return given the over-valuation of QBs. Let's say Washington or the Vikes would trade up, it would cost them a second for sure.

At #10 or #12, we could still land Amukamara as Peter King has deemed in his Mock Draft. Except, he has us trading back even with Peterson on the board with the Texans.
I say this is still a good idea.
Originally posted by wailers15:
I think Quinn's medical issue might scare them, plus he tended to slack a lot. that was his big knock was his slacking. I like this move especially if Miller, PP are gone then trade the pick. We could land Dalton in the late 1st Rd. No way Dalton is there for us in the 2nd at our current pick.

Plus what if we get another 1st RD pick next yr??????????????????????? sexy
I like it. We are not going to have a good year anyways.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I would only trade back if we snag another 2nd rounder. Doing so ensures we can get back into the late 1st and take any of the second-tier QBs.

Otherwise, considering the level of talent we may forgo in the early 1st, not sure that the risk/reward is in our favor.
It would be fun to trade with NE. Then take Ingram/J Smith and then J Locker. That would be a solid 1st round.
If Peterson is gone then we should trade down... probably to draft Quinn?? I am thinking about Mark Ingram is all the time...
I'd be fine with trading back if Peterson is gone as lOng as we still get Prince but I do not for any reason Want Quinn I feel he is highly over rated and don't Want the 9ers tO take him
Share 49ersWebzone