LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Time of niners pick

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
More or less what time will the niners be making their pick ??
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Starts at 5PM Pacific Time, niners pick 7th. 10 minutes per pick. I'd probably tune in around 6 but to be safe maybe 5:50
[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Apr 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM ]
draft starts at 7 ET, so im assuming about 8:45 ET.
[ Edited by 9erguy on Apr 25, 2011 at 11:47 AM ]
????

Am I missing something?

If starts at 5 PM Pacific time& 10 minutes per pick:

#1 5:10
#2 5:20
#3 5:30
#4 5:40
#5 5:50
#6 6:00
#7 6:10
You never know what can happen. At least we know they will pick no later then 6:20
[ Edited by ac408 on Apr 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM ]
Does the first team actually go on the clock at 5 or is there per draft coverage and the clock doesn't start for another 25 minutes. If it does start right away i wouldn't risk missing the first picks because you never know what kind of trades might happen to shake the board up. I'm sure shefter and Ed Werder and all those guys will be reporting the latest buzz from the teams war rooms.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I hate it when the 1st team takes the entire time to pick. Its like muther f**kers you guys have had all off season to make a decision and your still gonna take the entire 10 or 15 minutes.
Originally posted by susweel:
I hate it when the 1st team takes the entire time to pick. Its like muther f**kers you guys have had all off season to make a decision and your still gonna take the entire 10 or 15 minutes.

Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Does the first team actually go on the clock at 5 or is there per draft coverage and the clock doesn't start for another 25 minutes. If it does start right away i wouldn't risk missing the first picks because you never know what kind of trades might happen to shake the board up. I'm sure shefter and Ed Werder and all those guys will be reporting the latest buzz from the teams war rooms.

It's probably that draft coverage starts at 5 then the actual draft at 5:30

Sorry, totally miss read that.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 25, 2011 at 2:30 PM ]

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Gore_21:

So you don't want anyone to make a trade? There is also strategy involved. Seriously, the draft is only 3 days out of the year and it's like Christmas morning to most so why not enjoy the whole thing or at least what you can? You want them to go one after another and for it to be over in an hour?

Im talking about the top pick, they already had all off season to take trades about it.
As for times:

* First round: Thursday, April 28, 7:00 p.m. CT

Pre coverage starts at noon ct on NFLN and 3:30 CT on ESPN

* Second-third round: Friday, April 29, 5:00 p.m. CT (for 2 hours on ESPN then switches to ESPN 2)

Pre coverage on ESPN starts at 3:30 and NFLN at Noon CT

* Fourth-seventh round: Saturday, April 30, 11:00 a.m. CT (pre coverage starts at 9 on nfln and espn)

Would guess the coverage begins a half an hour to hour before each day.

Think the times might be different this year though. I want to say it was 6:30, 5:00 and 9:00 or 10:00 CT.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 25, 2011 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

So you don't want anyone to make a trade? There is also strategy involved. Seriously, the draft is only 3 days out of the year and it's like Christmas morning to most so why not enjoy the whole thing or at least what you can? You want them to go one after another and for it to be over in an hour?

Im talking about the top pick, they already had all off season to take trades about it.

Oh, well recently the guys have been signed before the draft so then I can see doing it right away but maybe they are waiting for a last minute trade offer if they don't have anyone signed. I guess they got 10 minutes of face time for the franchise so why not use it?
i think they will pick sometime between the time the draft starts, and the time it ends..

maybe they're fielding trade calls genius
Share 49ersWebzone