LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

MadDog's Big 254 Board- April 12 Edition

Well well, looks like Armon Binns, Clayton, and Larimore made it in there.

Tremendous work as usual. These late rounders are going decide who's King of the Draft this year. We'll see who comes out on top.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
Great job as usual. Bowers' knee has really hurt us. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick but doesn't look like that anymore. He may have been the one to push Peterson down to us. Let's hope some team looks past that and still takes him top 6. Wishful thinking, but crazier things have happened.

Why does everyone keep saying this? How greedy can fans be? The guy is loosing millions of dollars and has health issues, but all everyone here cares about is PP falling to #7.

This is about making the team better and the chess battle that is the draft. He isn't dieing of cancer and will still me a millionaire, yes I'm more concerned about PP.

Eh even if we dont get Peterson, Prince is definitely not a bad consolation prize. Prince or Quinn. It'd be kinda cool if Bowers fell all the way to pick 45. He doesn't really fit our system too well but he's too talented to pass up anyway.

PP will make a massive improvement, I live Prince but PP is DA MAN

Prince is more technically sound. If you watched the sportscenter on the clock special you saw where PP's technique was bad but he made up for it with INTs. If you watched the gamechangers show on nfl net, you would see how good Prince's technique is. They are pretty close in speed, only 4/100s of a second apart. PP is sick but Prince would make a huge impact too. And you know he is a high character guy and a hard worker who would make a different right away.
I found two players missing from your board that you might want to include:

Steven Friday OLB, Virginia Tech
Brandon Hogan CB West Virginia

Thanks for your Big Board MadDog!
[ Edited by mebemused on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:45 AM ]
MD and other dear webzoners, Drew Boylhart from the huddlereport.com is pretty high on Chris Neild NT from west virginia. have you an opinion on this guy?
i would also like to know what's your list , by priority, of team needs, since the draft will definitly be done before any trade or free agency?
here mine: QB,CB,OLB/DE,NT then 3/4DE, another qb ,another cb,one OL,one FB and a change of pace type RB...it's a good thing that we have more than 10 picks this year.
have a good day.
Originally posted by tatayoyo:
MD and other dear webzoners, Drew Boylhart from the huddlereport.com is pretty high on Chris Neild NT from west virginia. have you an opinion on this guy?
i would also like to know what's your list , by priority, of team needs, since the draft will definitly be done before any trade or free agency?
here mine: QB,CB,OLB/DE,NT then 3/4DE, another qb ,another cb,one OL,one FB and a change of pace type RB...it's a good thing that we have more than 10 picks this year.
have a good day.

Looks pretty good, MD.

I like Chris Neild... watched a bunch of WVU games this season. He is pretty underrated... Heck of a stout, run stuffer, and has enough quickness to improve in his pass rush game as well. If SF does not address NT till the 5th round, Neild is definitely on my target list there.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Great job as usual. Bowers' knee has really hurt us. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick but doesn't look like that anymore. He may have been the one to push Peterson down to us. Let's hope some team looks past that and still takes him top 6. Wishful thinking, but crazier things have happened.

Why does everyone keep saying this? How greedy can fans be? The guy is loosing millions of dollars and has health issues, but all everyone here cares about is PP falling to #7.

This is about making the team better and the chess battle that is the draft. He isn't dieing of cancer and will still me a millionaire, yes I'm more concerned about PP.

Eh even if we dont get Peterson, Prince is definitely not a bad consolation prize. Prince or Quinn. It'd be kinda cool if Bowers fell all the way to pick 45. He doesn't really fit our system too well but he's too talented to pass up anyway.

PP will make a massive improvement, I live Prince but PP is DA MAN

Prince is more technically sound. If you watched the sportscenter on the clock special you saw where PP's technique was bad but he made up for it with INTs. If you watched the gamechangers show on nfl net, you would see how good Prince's technique is. They are pretty close in speed, only 4/100s of a second apart. PP is sick but Prince would make a huge impact too. And you know he is a high character guy and a hard worker who would make a different right away.

With the right coaching I think PP can clean his technique up and be that much better, but I will take either at this point.....just wanting PP more.
Maddog,
You've got Nate Irving at both #115 and #132.
MadDog, I have a small request. Is there anyway you could edit you list and bold the spots where we are picking.
Thanks.

Agreed. Add Fairley's probable slide past us, and it adds to the idea that Peterson is not going to be around at number seven.
Originally posted by ninertico:
I love it!!!

Dalton at #28!

What you trying to say, MD?

What I am saying is that if the Niners like him, they better go up and get him, since he will not be around at 45. Lot of buzz that he will be a first rounder.

Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Thanks for all your hard work!

Good to see Kealoha Pilares and my favorite NT/Tree Stump Anthony Gray made the cut!

There are a fair amount of scouts that like Pilares over his teammate, Salas. He had a solid Pro-Day, and should make the draft.

As for Gray, so very productive. Height is an issue, but I've got to think that with so many 3-4 teams out there, someone will pull the trigger late in the draft.
Those injuries to Bowers and Fairley's slide certainly don't help, but I don't believe Peterson slides to 7 because he's simply too good. I'm not a football coach, but the general consensus is that he's a top 5 talent. I think most coaches will look at need, but at the end of the day it'd be pretty hard to pass on a top 5 talent for a 1st round talent no matter what your circumstances. It's one thing for draftnik's to pick on need, but they're not the ones turning in the draft card that carries with it a $10 million price tag. For that reason, Peterson won't fall to 7.

EDIT: And with teams moving to more 4 and 5 wide sets, teams can never have enough good cover corners. And Peterson is also a game changer on special teams.

I think Prince has got to be the likely pick at 7, and a pick I'd be happy with as a consolation prize.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Apr 13, 2011 at 8:32 AM ]
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Excellent work as always MD! Who do you project he 49ers targeting at QB (I know this is not a direct mock, but if it fell like this, who do you think we'd go for)?

I think Dalton will be the guy. I have a feeling Harbaugh likes the kid a lot.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

I am removing all Ohio State players from my board.

Are you from Paradise?

I like Maehl, and his 3 cone time, showing short area quickness, was outstanding, but being thin and slow is a bad NFL combination. If not drafted, he is going to get a free agent contract somewhere.

Leave OSU alone!!!!
Originally posted by fister30:
I am curious. Is this your board of best talent or best player available? Or is this a list of how you feel GM's are rating players as a whole?

The board is based on the area I feel each player will be selected. It is not a BPA board.
Share 49ersWebzone