There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg McELroy Bandwagon

Originally posted by I-U-Porta-Poties:
I like McElroy. I think that he doesn't have much of a ceiling, but hopefully 6/7th round pick would work

What really is a ceiling for QB's? I mean, some may consider a possible ability to be a student of the game and have better understanding of the game to be a higher ceiling. I don't know, I guess I just don't consider more athleticism and stronger arm to be equivalent to a higher ceiling as much as the ability to understand the game.

For example, Alex Smith was selected high and Rodgers was select later because one was considered to have "peeked".

I actually think McElroy has a higher ceiling than Newton because he has displayed that he could possibly master the game.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Decent backup. I'll take him in the 6th.

Would love to have him in the 6th is where I'm projecting him to go.

I guess he will go in the 5th...cause of demand for QB's this year
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Decent backup. I'll take him in the 6th.

Would love to have him in the 6th is where I'm projecting him to go.

I guess he will go in the 5th...cause of demand for QB's this year

He may even go higher. What does Tebow have that McElroy doesn't in terms of throwing the football?
Originally posted by feeblefreestyler:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
im surprised that he isnt getting any attention

whats the deal?

Good question. I don't think he's the greatest at the deep ball, but he sure can throw underneath lol Reminds me of mccoy from the browns. Not a great arm but he can play qb and be a bus driver. If we target him im hoping we go Passrusher and Cb then Dt then him in the later rounds!

Agreed.

what ever the case is i rather have the niners target a low key guy like him in the later rounds rather than guys like Blaine Gabbert & Jake Locker all hype n no byte

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by I-U-Porta-Poties:
I like McElroy. I think that he doesn't have much of a ceiling, but hopefully 6/7th round pick would work

What really is a ceiling for QB's? I mean, some may consider a possible ability to be a student of the game and have better understanding of the game to be a higher ceiling. I don't know, I guess I just don't consider more athleticism and stronger arm to be equivalent to a higher ceiling as much as the ability to understand the game.

For example, Alex Smith was selected high and Rodgers was select later because one was considered to have "peeked".

I actually think McElroy has a higher ceiling than Newton because he has displayed that he could possibly master the game.

McElroy certainly agrees with you, as do I.

This video from NFL.com sums up McElroy pretty well. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81f22669/2011-Draft-Profile-QB-Greg-McElroy-Alabama

Ultimately, I think that McElroy is similar to Shaun Hill, except McElroy might have a stronger arm. Hill is a winner, as is McElroy. I am dumbfounded as to how concerns over his arm can cause him to be an afterthought, especially when neither Ponder, Stanzi, or Dalton have strong arms.
Scott
We don't need a qb that's average at best we need a qb that has a CANNON ....65 mph! RYAN MALLETT
Originally posted by CRABTREE:
We don't need a qb that's average at best we need a qb that has a CANNON ....65 mph! RYAN MALLETT

JaMarcus is still available, if a "CANNON" is all that matters.