49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 573 users in the forums

Thank God we didn't draft 'em

Browse 49ers books and videos
Wanted us to get Ted ginn after watching his highlight tape. Nice to get him for a 5th.
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:

I often wonder the same thing. If Alex landed in GB would he of been hoisting the Lombardi trophy last year.

I`m also pretty sure Rogers would have been a bust in SF too.

If Rogers had been picked and used by the Niners as Alex was, he could very well be out of football by now. He has shown more of a propensity for concussions in the short time he's started, and that's becoming the "mandatory retirement" injury. He would have been murdered by opposing defenses for at least his first two, and probably three years.

If the Niners had picked Rogers, Smith would not have fallen to where Green Bay could have chosen him. Would have been taken in the top ten or so, and probably would have had a much better career to date.
Ted Ginn, Limas Sweed and Quinten Groves were supposed to take us to the promised land.

I still think Groves can be a good rush LB. He needs to play in a base 3-4.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam carriker you fools were dumb on that one. Hella mad dumb

Guilty as charged!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam carriker you fools were dumb on that one. Hella mad dumb

I have a feeling J.J. Watt is going to follow in his footsteps if he goes to a 4-3 defense.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:

I often wonder the same thing. If Alex landed in GB would he of been hoisting the Lombardi trophy last year.

I`m also pretty sure Rogers would have been a bust in SF too.

If Rogers had been picked and used by the Niners as Alex was, he could very well be out of football by now. He has shown more of a propensity for concussions in the short time he's started, and that's becoming the "mandatory retirement" injury. He would have been murdered by opposing defenses for at least his first two, and probably three years.

If the Niners had picked Rogers, Smith would not have fallen to where Green Bay could have chosen him. Would have been taken in the top ten or so, and probably would have had a much better career to date.

Good point about the concussions...I liked Rodgers and believe he would have stood up to Nolan and Singletary more because he is not a mild mannered guy, but your point is valid after watching the 9ers line the past six years.
I don't recall the Maybin Hype, but I do remember everyone wanting Everette Brown. That worked out well for us I'd say
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I don't recall the Maybin Hype, but I do remember everyone wanting Everette Brown. That worked out well for us I'd say

LULZ, i wanted Everette Brown
Originally posted by strickac:
Ted Ginn, Limas Sweed and Quinten Groves were supposed to take us to the promised land.

I still think Groves can be a good rush LB. He needs to play in a base 3-4.

I was on that bandwagon for sure, and it was rumored that the Niners had targeted him in the 2nd round before he was selected.
My most egregious mistake was thinking that Mike Williams was #1 pick material, even after the year off at USC.

Also...

- I thought Leinart would be the best of the '06 QB's, hands down.

- Sinorice Moss looked like the real deal at wideout.

- I had little-to-no clue why any team would have a mid-1st grade on Josh Freeman.

Jury's still technically out, but...

- I didn't particularly want him for the Niners, but I thought that if it wasn't for the weird attitude issues, Jimmy Clausen would've been in strong contention for the #1 pick.

- I figured Sam Bradford wouldn't transition to a pro system and was one Patrick Willis hit away from having his body shatter.

[ Edited by kelson49er on Mar 24, 2011 at 08:07:35 ]
Originally posted by kelson49er:
I figured Sam Bradford wouldn't transition to a pro system and was one Patrick Willis hit away from having his body shatter.

Might still be...
Originally posted by valrod33:
Instead of Alex smith I wanted to draft Braylon Edwards with the plan of sucking again and getting a top 3 pick the next year and using that puck to draft Matt lienert

Ouch

Haha, I wanted Braylon as well, and then I wanted us trade into the late 1st for Jason Campbell.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I don't recall the Maybin Hype, but I do remember everyone wanting Everette Brown. That worked out well for us I'd say

LULZ, i wanted Everette Brown

haha...same here. I'm glad we didn't draft him but I think in the right system he can be a decent starter.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Instead of Alex smith I wanted to draft Braylon Edwards with the plan of sucking again and getting a top 3 pick the next year and using that puck to draft Matt lienert

Ouch

Haha, I wanted Braylon as well, and then I wanted us trade into the late 1st for Jason Campbell.

I was on that bandwagon as I felt both Rodgers and Smith weren't worth it...I would've went defense and crept back into the first to Campbell.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I was in the minority that didn't want CJ Spiller. Looks like I was right.

I didnt want that fool either, people yelled at me

same here
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone