LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

draft rumors and news

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett ran a 5.37 forty-yard dash at his Pro Day Tuesday.
Mallett, who's lost six pounds since the Combine, didn't dispel concern about his below-average athleticism on Tuesday. He has a 26-inch vertical "leap" and a broad jump of eight feet and just under eight inches. While these measurables obviously don't dictate success or lack thereof in the NFL, it's worth noting that Mallett's forty time -- run on a faster track at Arkansas -- would've easily been the slowest among quarterbacks at the Combine. Only Idaho's Nathan Enderle had a worse vertical in Indianapolis, and only TCU's Andy Dalton couldn't long jump as far.

rotoworld.com

That is pretty slow even for a pocket passer.

Yup about as slow as Brady and Manning.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Barrows wrote about this, if peterson and miller are gone I damn sure hope we draft cam jordan

Why not Quinn?

Cam Jordan is good but while we can use an upgrade over Soap the impact of improving the other DE spot but still not addressing our top 3 needs is minimal in comparison.

If we don't take a OLB, CB or QB at #7 we should trade down.

Maybe it's because I'm a cal fan, but I just think hes going to be elite when it's all said and done.

My top 3 are peterson/miller and then jordan

I want pass rush and I'll take it any way we can get it. I honestly dont know anything about quinn
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Mallett, who's lost six pounds since the Combine, didn't dispel concern about his below-average athleticism on Tuesday. He has a 26-inch vertical "leap" and a broad jump of eight feet and just under eight inches. While these measurables obviously don't dictate success or lack thereof in the NFL, it's worth noting that Mallett's forty time -- run on a faster track at Arkansas -- would've easily been the slowest among quarterbacks at the Combine. Only Idaho's Nathan Enderle had a worse vertical in Indianapolis, and only TCU's Andy Dalton couldn't long jump as far.

rotoworld.com

Close to Brady's 5.23 but far from Manning's 4.8 at the combine.

rotoworld.com

My point is, that as a pure pocket passer 40s are very over-rated. Both Peyton and Brady buy time by moving in the pocket.

Ask this, was Steve Young a better QB in TB or in San Francisco. Was he better when he scrambled all over the place or in say '94.
RavensInsider

Source: The Denver Broncos are conducting a private workout today with Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller: http://bit.ly/dPFKxo
freaking horsehead elway coming in to poop on our party
Originally posted by valrod33:
RavensInsider

Source: The Denver Broncos are conducting a private workout today with Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller: http://bit.ly/dPFKxo

Take 'em! And if AZ goes QB, we can pretty much say hello to PP. (Rhyme Time)
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
RavensInsider

Then in round 2 we can draft CP (Ponder) and cut DC (Carr) and maybe in round 3 we can get AD (Dalton) to be the back up QB.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
RavensInsider

Then in round 2 we can draft CP (Ponder) and cut DC (Carr) and maybe in round 3 we can get AD (Dalton) to be the back up QB.

Well done, sir.
Can we keep this to just rumors and news and not silly draft wish lists or rhymes?

rotoworld.com

My point is, that as a pure pocket passer 40s are very over-rated. Both Peyton and Brady buy time by moving in the pocket.

Ask this, was Steve Young a better QB in TB or in San Francisco. Was he better when he scrambled all over the place or in say '94.

You mean the year he had 58 attempts for 293 and 7 TD's? That was a horrible example btw, as he had more attempts in a 2year (93 and 94, 127) period in SF when he was considered one of the best in the game than he had in TB (85 and 86, 114) the 2 years he was there.
Can we keep this to just rumors and news and not silly draft wish lists or rhymes?

My bad, Im sad. Now im gonna frown. This thread will now stay on track from what is said. Sorry Charlie.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

*thinking*....I'll allow wish lists and rhymes.
LB Martez Wilson to San Francisco at #7

If pass rusher Von Miller is picked up before the 49ers select, they could look to the ultra-athletic Wilson to move outside. The only reason he wouldn't go in the top 11 (Houston would love him as a 3-4 ILB/OLB) is due to the herniated disc in his neck that cost him the 2009 season--but if team doctors give GMs the thumbs-up, it could send him high up boards.

Surprise Top Ten Picks

OK I know the article is titled surprise picks but that would be more of a shock.
niners are taking lousiville cornerback johnny patrick to dinner tonite, after the louisville pro day
Share 49ersWebzone