LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 140 users in the forums

draft rumors and news

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Maiocco tweet

Harbaugh is at tcu pro day, watching dalton

awesome, I like that kid!

Me too and the same with Kaep. I am still wondering if we will trade down to get two picks in the second while still landing a starter for our D. If Gabbert or Newton falls to us, I can see Wash or better yet, Minny, trading up for one of them.

Then we can draft Jordan or Watt in the first for our starting 5-tech LDE, draft Reed as our starting WILL LOLB and our new franchise QB in the second. Or, trade back even further so that we can have enough to get back into the first if they want that QB badly enough.

Lots of options though...
03/08/11 - Not since 2007 has twelve NFL team scouts showed up at the Louis Crews Stadium on Monday for Alabama A&M's annual pro day. Most left impressed with Bulldog defensive tackle Frank Kearse. The 6-4, 315-pound prospect put up impressive numbers in front of representatives from the Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Tennessee Titans, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Bucs, Houston Texans, St. Louis Rams, Atlanta Falcons and Pittsburg Steelers. Kearse was among five Alabama A&M seniors to display their skills for the NFL on-lookers. Kearse's stats included a 5.2 40-yard dash, 30-inch vertical, 8-7 broad jump, and 22 225-pound bench press reps. The four-year starter measured in with a 7 ¼ hand size, 34 ¼ arm length, and an 85 3/8 wingspan. “Frank has the size and ability to play professional football,” said Mark Gorscak of the Pittsburgh Steelers. “He is explosive and impressive. His game tape and resume has earned him the recognition.” - Alabama A&M football

link

Interesting, wonder if they see him as a 3-4 DE or NT.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Maiocco tweet

Harbaugh is at tcu pro day, watching dalton

awesome, I like that kid!

Me too and the same with Kaep. I am still wondering if we will trade down to get two picks in the second while still landing a starter for our D. If Gabbert or Newton falls to us, I can see Wash or better yet, Minny, trading up for one of them.

Then we can draft Jordan or Watt in the first for our starting 5-tech LDE, draft Reed as our starting WILL LOLB and our new franchise QB in the second. Or, trade back even further so that we can have enough to get back into the first if they want that QB badly enough.

Lots of options though...

If certain players are no longer available at 7, then I say we trade down for an extra second. This draft is far deeper in talent compared to last year, in my opinion. I see at least 4 rounds worth of great players before any big drop-off, compared to about 3 last year.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
03/08/11 - Not since 2007 has twelve NFL team scouts showed up at the Louis Crews Stadium on Monday for Alabama A&M's annual pro day. Most left impressed with Bulldog defensive tackle Frank Kearse. The 6-4, 315-pound prospect put up impressive numbers in front of representatives from the Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Tennessee Titans, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Bucs, Houston Texans, St. Louis Rams, Atlanta Falcons and Pittsburg Steelers. Kearse was among five Alabama A&M seniors to display their skills for the NFL on-lookers. Kearse's stats included a 5.2 40-yard dash, 30-inch vertical, 8-7 broad jump, and 22 225-pound bench press reps. The four-year starter measured in with a 7 ¼ hand size, 34 ¼ arm length, and an 85 3/8 wingspan. “Frank has the size and ability to play professional football,” said Mark Gorscak of the Pittsburgh Steelers. “He is explosive and impressive. His game tape and resume has earned him the recognition.” - Alabama A&M football

link

Interesting, wonder if they see him as a 3-4 DE or NT.

Unless I'm blind I didn't see the 49ers on that list but usually guys at 6'4 go to DE.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Phil-Taylor-in-demand.html
Quote:
Baylor nose guard Phil Taylor has five visits and five private workouts scheduled over the next two weeks, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Taylor is regarded as a rising prospect on draft boards, especially after the Senior Bowl where he shoved around blockers.
I'm not sure if it's already been posted, but NFL Network is saying that Bowers was medically flagged for his knee. That combined with his inability to workout at his Pro day could cause him to slide a bit.

I'm hoping he's off the board early, so that someone else falls to us.
Originally posted by strickac:
I'm not sure if it's already been posted, but NFL Network is saying that Bowers was medically flagged for his knee. That combined with his inability to workout at his Pro day could cause him to slide a bit.

Crap...that's bad news. I also wanted him to go in the top 6.

Bowers has a scheduled workout for April 1st. As long as that goes fine, and I don't see any reason it won't, he should still go top 5.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Bowers has a scheduled workout for April 1st. As long as that goes fine, and I don't see any reason it won't, he should still go top 5.

PFT says he may not be ready for his pro-day.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/11/daquan-bowers-knee-surgery-more-serious-than-he-says/
Quote:
Bowers told reporters at last month’s Scouting Combine that he was “100 percent,” but actions speak louder than words. Bowers delayed his Pro Day workout from March 10 to April 1, and there has even been speculation that he might not be ready then.
NFP's NFL Draft Rumors

I feel the real gist of our situation is what we need to produce vs what we might be able to acquire. We are not going to be able to fill every need and it depends mostly on what the coaches decide. Now I think at least for free agents, we should go after the greatest needs in terms of DBs and QB without overextending finances as that will only exacerbate future growth. I think the primary emphasis should be defense and while many feel our dbs are not very good, I think the refuse from Singletary's imbecilic mind did little to make them show up. They have many young dbs and guys like Maragos and Taylor and Brock and Simpson. I think with a year of good coaching they should do pretty well as they will no longer be newbies. Except for few instances of getting a very exceptional player, I would try to trade down this year as depth in quality seems deep. I prefer guys like Justin Smith vs flashy guys without the drive.
I only hope Harbaugh and Baalke have Walsh's sense of timing and value to trade down for more picks. With the number of quality players this year, I think some real sleepers could be had in the latter rounds. That is where I would target all reserves that we need and future players. I do not know what Rachals problems lay but he seems a little dumb and slow reacting. I think they would do well to trade him to a team that specializes in straight ahead blocking. IMO Aubrayo Franklin values himself about three times more then he is worth. If we do not draft Miller or Quinn, I think a trade down and getting Cam Jorden and or Kerrigan, or JJ Watts and or one of the premier inside guys like Dareus would do us the best. Even going after Ponder may be dicey but IMO Harbaugh should be able to get decent performance out of a rookie especially if the team has the resources around him. I think the OL could use a real mauler guard center type and whoever is at qb should feel pretty confident the opposing defense not him will get the bruising. In the middle rounds we need more running backs and a guy like Marecic. IMO with another good back and aforementioned acquisitions, the team should do pretty well.
If we can get one good corner and DL guys and fill the runningback and fullback slots, Harbaugh should have enough resources to compete anywhere. I tell you next year if a weak team gets Luck, it is not going to be pretty. Even Bradford was lucky to be healthy and he looks awful stiff. It will be telling this year if he can take the pounding. I know a top qb is critical but a top qb with little help gets crushed often.
Originally posted by prometheus:
I feel the real gist of our situation is what we need to produce vs what we might be able to acquire. We are not going to be able to fill every need and it depends mostly on what the coaches decide. Now I think at least for free agents, we should go after the greatest needs in terms of DBs and QB without overextending finances as that will only exacerbate future growth. I think the primary emphasis should be defense and while many feel our dbs are not very good, I think the refuse from Singletary's imbecilic mind did little to make them show up. They have many young dbs and guys like Maragos and Taylor and Brock and Simpson. I think with a year of good coaching they should do pretty well as they will no longer be newbies. Except for few instances of getting a very exceptional player, I would try to trade down this year as depth in quality seems deep. I prefer guys like Justin Smith vs flashy guys without the drive.
I only hope Harbaugh and Baalke have Walsh's sense of timing and value to trade down for more picks. With the number of quality players this year, I think some real sleepers could be had in the latter rounds. That is where I would target all reserves that we need and future players. I do not know what Rachals problems lay but he seems a little dumb and slow reacting. I think they would do well to trade him to a team that specializes in straight ahead blocking. IMO Aubrayo Franklin values himself about three times more then he is worth. If we do not draft Miller or Quinn, I think a trade down and getting Cam Jorden and or Kerrigan, or JJ Watts and or one of the premier inside guys like Dareus would do us the best. Even going after Ponder may be dicey but IMO Harbaugh should be able to get decent performance out of a rookie especially if the team has the resources around him. I think the OL could use a real mauler guard center type and whoever is at qb should feel pretty confident the opposing defense not him will get the bruising. In the middle rounds we need more running backs and a guy like Marecic. IMO with another good back and aforementioned acquisitions, the team should do pretty well.
If we can get one good corner and DL guys and fill the runningback and fullback slots, Harbaugh should have enough resources to compete anywhere. I tell you next year if a weak team gets Luck, it is not going to be pretty. Even Bradford was lucky to be healthy and he looks awful stiff. It will be telling this year if he can take the pounding. I know a top qb is critical but a top qb with little help gets crushed often.

how is this a rumor or news? This is just a rant. GTFO.

I don't see how he's not a top5 regardless of the injury, he's proven everything on film and he's not injury prone (3 games missed in 3 years) he also doesn't have character concerns
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I don't see how he's not a top5 regardless of the injury, he's proven everything on film and he's not injury prone (3 games missed in 3 years) he also doesn't have character concerns

Bradford is a perfect example of that and he went #1.
NFL teams reportedly taking Jimmy Smith off their board | National Football Post http://t.co/uTvYq3Z via @ravensinsider
Share 49ersWebzone