There are 308 users in the forums

draft rumors and news

Portland State TE Julius Thomas has been drawing comparisons to Saints TE Jimmy Graham.
Thomas participated in two NCAA Tournaments as a basketball player, boasting the school's highest career shooting percentage before switching to the gridiron with 29 catches and 443 yards as a senior. Not quite as explosive or as big as Graham, Thomas recorded a 4.64 forty, 35 1/2-inch vertical, and 16 reps on the bench at the Combine. He's headed for a late-round selection.

rotoworld.com

This guy would be an outstanding pickup for someone. He just needs a year to pick up the offense and with his smooth athleticism should turn into a solid starter or 2nd TE.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

RT @Kaepernick10 Done with the photo shoot now on to this workout. > Do NOT keep Mr. Harbaugh & Co. waiting.

Is it just me or does Maiocco not like Kaep? He's not very subtle about that.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

RT @Kaepernick10 Done with the photo shoot now on to this workout. > Do NOT keep Mr. Harbaugh & Co. waiting.

I get that feeling too, acutally i think his wording is that he doesnt believe Kaepernick "fits" with Harbaughs offense.

I admit i didnt want Kap at first but he has grown on me
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

I get that feeling too, acutally i think his wording is that he doesnt believe Kaepernick "fits" with Harbaughs offense.

I admit i didnt want Kap at first but he has grown on me

I think it was Mayock on Path to the Draft that said that Kaep would fit any system as long as he gets developed properly. He's a leader, smart, rocket arm, accurate, can make plays with his legs and keep plays alive, and most of all, he's a sponge in the classroom. Harbs could definitely make it work with Kaep.
Whats not to like about him, good size, highly powerful arm, running ability, leader. Got better every year as a qb in a pistol. Needs work on the small things that it takes to be a qb and thats jims job! Also did he score higher on the wonderlic then cam newton? who has just as much talent maybe not as powerful arm and has off the field issues in the first, or would you take this kid later!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Mar 18, 2011 at 10:49:56 ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Whats not to like about him, good size, highly powerful arm, running ability, leader. Got better every year as a qb in a pistol. Needs work on the small things that it takes to be a qb and thats jims job! Also did he score higher on the wonderlic then cam newton? who has just as much talent maybe not as powerful arm and has off the field issues in the first, or would you take this kid later!

Kaepernick scored a 37. Bright kid.
Kap is everything Harbaugh looks for in a QB, with one glaring exception...a quick release. Other than that, he meets the criteria: smart, mobile, great athletic instincts, leadership skills and accurate enough with the room/desire to get better.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Kap is everything Harbaugh looks for in a QB, with one glaring exception...a quick release. Other than that, he meets the criteria: smart, mobile, great athletic instincts, leadership skills and accurate enough with the room/desire to get better.

The more important issue he's going to be extremely raw dropping under center in the NFL. Two year project, but by then we may have Andrew Luck.
New Mexico State CB Davon House clocked forty times in the 4.32-4.35 range at his Pro Day Friday.
His official time in Indianapolis was 4.50, although he had a 4.43 "unofficially." House picked off 11 passes in college, returning three for touchdowns. We like him to be drafted late in the second or early in the third round.

rotoworld

Nice to see in what seems like a slow DB class.
I am not going backwards but is anyone scared of Peterson scoring a 6 on the wonderlic.

I looked up a 6 and it means he cannot spell his whole name, just part of it.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I am not going backwards but is anyone scared of Peterson scoring a 6 on the wonderlic.

That can't be an accurate score.

I thought he got a 9, not a 6.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
New Mexico State CB Davon House clocked forty times in the 4.32-4.35 range at his Pro Day Friday.
His official time in Indianapolis was 4.50, although he had a 4.43 "unofficially." House picked off 11 passes in college, returning three for touchdowns. We like him to be drafted late in the second or early in the third round.

rotoworld

Nice to see in what seems like a slow DB class.

I'm not sure House can even be considered an under-the-radar player. Maybe to the average fan, but to scouts and NFL coaches, the guy is a name they know -- or should know. If he makes it to the 3rd by pure happenstance, some team is going to be ecstatic to land him. He'll be a great find there. (Here's to hoping if he gets pushed down, we're the ones who take him).

Damn bet hes a UDFA now

First of all, he scored a 9. Second, it is just one way to evaluate a player as a prospect.

Everything else about Peterson SCREAMS top 5 pick. He has been bulletproof up until now in terms of his physical skills, the game tape, and his background (...not a thug).

If the Niners get a chance to pick him at #7, they should consider themselves lucky.
Share 49ersWebzone