Not a member? Register Now!

draft rumors and news

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer

Prediction: Newton #1, Von Miller, 2, Dareus third to Bills, AJ Green 4th, Peterson 5th. Clev and ATL likely make a trade at 6 for Julio.

Then it's Prince unless someone really wants Gabbert

Or it's Gabbert unless someone really wants Prince.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Quote:
Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer

Prediction: Newton #1, Von Miller, 2, Dareus third to Bills, AJ Green 4th, Peterson 5th. Clev and ATL likely make a trade at 6 for Julio.

houston really wants prince as do i
Quote:
Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer

Skins have a huge hard-don for Gabbert (and we're already blowing a huge smoke-screen), so we're probably gonna trade; draft Prince at #12 overall (and like somebody else said; we'll look like geniuses).
Originally posted by mkary12:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I'm hearing talk that the Falcons want our 7th pick (THEY REALLY WANT IT), and are willing to trade us their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and possibly their 1st overall 2012 pick.

Atlanta wants AJ Green. -If this is true the 49ers need go for it.

No way this could be true. That'd be an unheard of package for the 7th overall pick in the draft.

two firsts, a second and a third to drop 20 spots? I'd do it.

I'd do it too.

At 27, you can get one of those QBs slated to go there (Ponder, Dalton, etc) or trade up using one of those two 2nd rd picks if you fill one of those guys won't be there at 27. or trade the one 2nd rounder and one 3rd to jump ahead of those QB needy teams in the 2nd round. And we can still get a lot of solid players who could start with the one (or two) 2nd rounders, and two 3rd rounders. We could fill draft a CB, pass rushers, a guard to replace Rachel, safety or a DL to solidify the defensive trenches. This is how the Pats do it. Trade back, accumulate a lot of picks to get solid guys.

[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Apr 28, 2011 at 15:27:54 ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Quote:
Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer

Skins have a huge hard-don for Gabbert (and we're already blowing a huge smoke-screen), so we're probably gonna trade; draft Prince at #12 overall (and like somebody else said; we'll look like geniuses).

Prince aint gettin past the 'Boys
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Quote:
Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer

houston really wants prince as do i

i think prince is the pick
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fakers23:
Quote:
Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer

I think Prince at 7 to high.. I would only take him if we move down.. Which I have said I think will happen..

Yeah gotta try to trade down at that point. I guess we'll find out if the "49ers don't like Gabbert" rumor is a smoke screen or not.

Maybe Minnesota if Gabbert falls would want to jump in.

also, Mayock noted on NFL network he confirmed 4 different trades have already been agreed to in the 1st round if certain players fall.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Quote:
Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer

Agreed. No way prince gets past the Cowboys.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by Janitor:
I trust harbaugh with whatever he chooses to do.

We trusted Sing too.

But we had no reason to.

he had me with his motivational speaking
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by Janitor:
I trust harbaugh with whatever he chooses to do.

We trusted Sing too.

But we had no reason to.

he had me with his motivational speaking

Love the handle!
Originally posted by RKab:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Quote:
Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer

I think Prince at 7 to high.. I would only take him if we move down.. Which I have said I think will happen..

Yeah gotta try to trade down at that point. I guess we'll find out if the "49ers don't like Gabbert" rumor is a smoke screen or not.

Maybe Minnesota if Gabbert falls would want to jump in.

also, Mayock noted on NFL network he confirmed 4 different trades have already been agreed to in the 1st round if certain players fall.

how is that too high? if we pass on him then dallas takes him at 9. no difference
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Quote:
Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer

This. Michael Irvin spilled the beans on NFLN about how high the cowpukes were on Prince.
Don't be surprised if we draft Camron OLB from CAL with our 7th pick

[ Edited by mrbusinessman499 on Apr 28, 2011 at 15:37:57 ]
Anybody have the scopes on the guy Rich Gosselien's(sp?) final mock?, they say he is one of the best, just wondering who he has with the top 15.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Don't be surprised if we draft Camron OLB from CAL with our 7th pick

He's not a OLB he's a 3-4 DE.

btw I am going to f**king go nuts if 9ers fan Prince gets taken by the Cowpies.