There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Worst case scenario draft?

Worst case scenario draft?

Assuming that all of the Niners targeted players are off the board at #7, what would you want to do?

Assuming draft goes something like:
#1 Carolina: Marcell Dareus
#2 Denver: Da'quan Bowers
#3 Buffalo: Von Miller
#4 Cincinnati: AJ Green
#5 Cardinals: Patrick Patterson
#6 Cleveland: Robert Quinn
Trading down.

We are in a position to acquire an elite talent, so use the pick on one of those guys.
Damn i would hate if Miller were gone!
trade down or draft prince
Cam Newton would be worse than anything I have ever known.

And I know much.

Originally posted by kstolai:
Damn i would hate if Miller were gone!

he wont make it to us unless the cards take a qb
prince or fairley. thats not a bad worse case scenario either.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
prince or fairley. thats not a bad worse case scenario either.

yup, either way, I'm certain that we'll get a good player.

-9fA
You can still get the player who many thought was the #1 overall pick before the combine in Nick Fairley, I don't think that's that bad.
i'm cool with prince but he is not who i was wanting. i voted trade down. maybe you can trade down a couple of spots and grab aldon smith or cameron jordan. then use the additional pick you acquired and group it with our second round pick and whatever else to trade back up at the end of the first to grab Locker??? or pick whatever corner is best. might not have to trade up to do that. i know there's a lot of talent in the draft but i'm more concerned with getting a Qb, a corner, and some pass rush. I say trade whatever picks to move back and forth to get those guys in the first 3 rounds.
its funny how most thought fairley was the surefire #1 pick and not one person mentioned drafting him at #7
Given the scenario, I really hope Harbaugh had his eye on one of the QB's. Otherwise Prince or tradedown.
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
its funny how most thought fairley was the surefire #1 pick and not one person mentioned drafting him at #7

He seems to be a 4-3 DT. His measurables suggest that he could be a 3-4 DE, but I don't think he's the best fit at that position.
If we take Newton, or any other QB in this draft with the #7 pick, I may get mad and start attacking people.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Given the scenario, I really hope Harbaugh had his eye on one of the QB's. Otherwise Prince or tradedown.

If the Niners want to be real contenders, they have a lot of holes to fill. CB, OLB, FS, QB, etc.

If there was a franchise QB at #7, I'd be all over taking one now. I just don't see the value there at #7.