Cam Newton - videos and more

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by Atl49er:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Damn it!!! Now we may have to move up to get Cam! IDK why all these people on here are hating on Cam, as Trent Dilfer just reported, there aren't many people in the World that can throw the ball like Cam did today!

who the f**k cares how you throw a football. f**k my cousin can chuck it with a beautiful spiral 60 yards with ease, he can't play worht a lick. Dude Kyle boller from a knee at the 50 yard line perfect spiral through the goal posts, jamarcus russell easily throws a 70 yarder money. they all suck. f**k Trent Dilfer wtf does he know?

Oh Great..You're prob a guy that is dieing for us to keep Alex Smith...to huh?!?! LOL!

My bad, I forgot you played in the NFL and worked for ESPN longer than Trent Dilfer..that makes you an expert..right! Get a clue...everybody is harping on us to take a db, or a pash rusher...HELLO, we have one QB under contract and JH has already stated that QB is the most important position on the field.

I can't wait until we take Cam and listen to Trent and JH gush over his talents!!

seriously? lol. one not high on alex smith but i'd have him as a BACKUP, and that's it. that makes the most sense. We can get a Vet QB in FA and draft a qb in the later rounds.
sorry but trent dilfer's mouth piece and history speaks loudly for himself. He was in awe of Jimmy Clausen, He said he was hands down the best QB in that draft being pro ready and able to come in and start right away. How did that work out for him? Colt McCoy had by far the better yr. Siad the same thing about Josh Freeman and ALEX SMITH!!!!!!!

Dude you need to get a clue. no need to wet the paper and draft a QB with our first pick. there are other qb's who have a btter football iq (reading coverages, plays etc) so why spend that first pick on a qb. Newton is not a franchise QB or he goes #1 to Carolina. Fact.

We need help on Defense, and sorry but the CB's & OLB/DE's that are projected to be around will and would help us out asap. not a rookie qb to come in and learn a new system as well as the nfl. come on man.

So hello yes we have only 1 qb under contract so why are qwe wetting the bed. we resign one of the smith's as a backup, hit the trade market or free agency.

Josh Johnson comes to mind. he didn't do to bad 2 years ago. he's a harbaugh guy.

No offense Dude...but thank God you are not the GM for this team! Are you not tired of being stuck in mediocrity..excuse me...SUCKING?!?!? Alex Smith never needs to wear SF on his helmet again #1... back up or not. And your idea to draft another back-up (Josh J or a 3rd round Qb) for our team does not help either!

I'm not basing my opinion of Cam on Trent Dilfer..just merely stating that he was blown away by his film study of Cam and first hand witness of the workout. What impresses me about Cam more than anything else...is the fact I've watched him all year long and he is a born leader that makes everyone around him better!

How many players can say that they have won a Championship at EVERY LEVEL they have competed....high school, Jr. College and D-1 College!?! Can you name another one...?

Say what you want, try and compare him to all the other athletic Qb's with big arms..but the truth of the matter is..there is no comparison!

How many qb's that win a high school championship even have to go to jr. college?

BOOM.

You wouldnt know what a good QB looks like. You have Stanzis UDFA ass as your top QB. Name a QB in this class better than Newton and why. Newton didnt choke vs Oregon like Luck. Luck choked and cost Stanford the game throwing 2 picks to get Oregon back into thegame. Which they ended up blowing out Stanford. Newton didnt let that happen and had a much better game than Luck vs Oregon. In fact Luck wishes he had Newtons poise cause then Stanford would have went to the National Championship if he didnt choke s Oregon.

So . . . . if Luck came out this year you would prefer Newton over Luck?
Watching the workout video (scripted), its obvious he has talent and has an NFL body. I think he will end up being a top-5 pick, even if its not CAR, DEN, BUF, CIN, or ARI picking him.
Dilfer said he's a top 3 pick maybe #1 overall.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
i truly believe that Cam is one of those game time players.. he may not look that good in practices or work out, but like our dear Joe Montana, he knows when to be great!!

Few players had that extra IT in them..

Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Joe Montana, Kobe Bryant, and the way Newton carried Auburn out of no where, it's like Bird and Magic all over again..
Dilfer has had one or ten too many concussions:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=150494

http://sanfrancisco49ers.contentquake.com/2007/10/25/frank-gore-calls-out-offensive-coordinator-hostler/

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/09/08/ex-qb-dilfer-predicts-49ers-will-go-11-5-win-a-playoff-game/
Damn it!!! Now we may have to move up to get Cam! IDK why all these people on here are hating on Cam, as Trent Dilfer just reported, there aren't many people in the World that can throw the ball like Cam did today!

who the f**k cares how you throw a football. f**k my cousin can chuck it with a beautiful spiral 60 yards with ease, he can't play worht a lick. Dude Kyle boller from a knee at the 50 yard line perfect spiral through the goal posts, jamarcus russell easily throws a 70 yarder money. they all suck. f**k Trent Dilfer wtf does he know?

Oh Great..You're prob a guy that is dieing for us to keep Alex Smith...to huh?!?! LOL!

My bad, I forgot you played in the NFL and worked for ESPN longer than Trent Dilfer..that makes you an expert..right! Get a clue...everybody is harping on us to take a db, or a pash rusher...HELLO, we have one QB under contract and JH has already stated that QB is the most important position on the field.

I can't wait until we take Cam and listen to Trent and JH gush over his talents!!

seriously? lol. one not high on alex smith but i'd have him as a BACKUP, and that's it. that makes the most sense. We can get a Vet QB in FA and draft a qb in the later rounds.
sorry but trent dilfer's mouth piece and history speaks loudly for himself. He was in awe of Jimmy Clausen, He said he was hands down the best QB in that draft being pro ready and able to come in and start right away. How did that work out for him? Colt McCoy had by far the better yr. Siad the same thing about Josh Freeman and ALEX SMITH!!!!!!!

Dude you need to get a clue. no need to wet the paper and draft a QB with our first pick. there are other qb's who have a btter football iq (reading coverages, plays etc) so why spend that first pick on a qb. Newton is not a franchise QB or he goes #1 to Carolina. Fact.

We need help on Defense, and sorry but the CB's & OLB/DE's that are projected to be around will and would help us out asap. not a rookie qb to come in and learn a new system as well as the nfl. come on man.

So hello yes we have only 1 qb under contract so why are qwe wetting the bed. we resign one of the smith's as a backup, hit the trade market or free agency.

Josh Johnson comes to mind. he didn't do to bad 2 years ago. he's a harbaugh guy.

No offense Dude...but thank God you are not the GM for this team! Are you not tired of being stuck in mediocrity..excuse me...SUCKING?!?!? Alex Smith never needs to wear SF on his helmet again #1... back up or not. And your idea to draft another back-up (Josh J or a 3rd round Qb) for our team does not help either!

I'm not basing my opinion of Cam on Trent Dilfer..just merely stating that he was blown away by his film study of Cam and first hand witness of the workout. What impresses me about Cam more than anything else...is the fact I've watched him all year long and he is a born leader that makes everyone around him better!

How many players can say that they have won a Championship at EVERY LEVEL they have competed....high school, Jr. College and D-1 College!?! Can you name another one...?

Say what you want, try and compare him to all the other athletic Qb's with big arms..but the truth of the matter is..there is no comparison!

How many qb's that win a high school championship even have to go to jr. college?

BOOM.

You wouldnt know what a good QB looks like. You have Stanzis UDFA ass as your top QB. Name a QB in this class better than Newton and why. Newton didnt choke vs Oregon like Luck. Luck choked and cost Stanford the game throwing 2 picks to get Oregon back into thegame. Which they ended up blowing out Stanford. Newton didnt let that happen and had a much better game than Luck vs Oregon. In fact Luck wishes he had Newtons poise cause then Stanford would have went to the National Championship if he didnt choke s Oregon.

LOLOL ahahahahaha BY FAR the funniest response i could've imagined.

That you Cecil?
Originally posted by 9moon:

Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Joe Montana, Kobe Bryant, and the way Newton carried Auburn out of no where, it's like Bird and Magic all over again..

oh lord. The best news about this workout is that a better player will fall to us.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

BOOM.

I would definately. Imo you dont pass on guys with Newtons poise and leadership. I also saw alot more of Newton and only saw Luck play twice. USC and Oregon so im probably biased on that alone. I think both are awesome prospects but my choice would still be Newton. He escaped Oregons defense with a win and kept his defense off the field securing the National Championship. This whole season he showed off amazing things from blowing out great teams to coming back against great teams. Id take him at 7 over anyone. Even over my man crush Peterson.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
don't get me wrong, Id love for us to land Peterson, and hope to land Locker in the 2nd round.. if this happen, then we should be great in a year or two..

BOOM.

I would definately. Imo you dont pass on guys with Newtons poise and leadership. I also saw alot more of Newton and only saw Luck play twice. USC and Oregon so im probably biased on that alone. I think both are awesome prospects but my choice would still be Newton. He escaped Oregons defense with a win and kept his defense off the field securing the National Championship. This whole season he showed off amazing things from blowing out great teams to coming back against great teams. Id take him at 7 over anyone. Even over my man crush Peterson.

was his poise in the national championship when he was overthrowing wide open WR's or fumbling the ball away to oregon? or was it when he handed off for that fluke gigantic run near the end?

Originally posted by frenchmov:

BOOM.

was his poise in the national championship when he was overthrowing wide open WR's or fumbling the ball away to oregon? or was it when he handed off for that fluke gigantic run near the end?

I guess Dilfer didn't watch that tape either. Probably just looking for intangibles and he did win.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
ProFootballTalk

Mayock on Cam Newton workout: "The best Pro Day for a quarterback I ever attended was JaMarcus Russell" http://wp.me/p14QSB-sO6

BOOM.

Probably more than you think...I dont think I need to remind you that he went to Florida to be Tebow's successor....and then his story began. End story.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

BOOM.

He was off on those 2 throws by maybe a foot or 2. Newton also had another bad pass picked early too. So what? He recovered from that and Mathews made a great play in popping the ball out while Newton was scrambling. Great play by Mathews whos imo gonna be a good NFL player. Why dont you mention how Newton kept drives going giving his gassed DL time breath and get oxygen. Or didnt you see them gasping for air in the 1st qtr? How did you like him moving that offense vs a top ranked defense all game? How did you like him keeping cool under extreme pressure despite getting hit all game?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
ProFootballTalk

Mayock on Cam Newton workout: "The best Pro Day for a quarterback I ever attended was JaMarcus Russell" http://wp.me/p14QSB-sO6

I like this question

“Is he going to be the first guy in the building? Is he a gym rat? Is he football smart?”

and it obviously applies to all qbs

Manning is a video rat. Tebow claimed he would be the first guy in the building. Brady, Brees are football smart. A player needs to have passion for the game to be all those 3 things. I think the top qbs in the league (manning, brady, brees, rivers, rodgers) all have tremendous passion for the game. So Harbaugh, please get us someone that gives a f**k about football, k thanks
Share 49ersWebzone