Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by ninersallday:
Originally posted by wadjay:
This is a typo right?

.... you meant UNrealistic... right?

No i meant wut i said n said wut i meant ha ha i think dats from a popeye cartoon.

THis is most likely to happen hell yeah n 2nd round in draft? (Alot of options)

Ponder, Carmichael-CB ???????

No offense, but I laughed out loud when I read this thread.
Nhamdi wants to go to a winner and that we are not. Yet.

This.

I think there should be a distinction between "possible" and "realistic". This is possible, but not realistic imo.

He wants to go to winning team. That doesn't mean he's going to find an elite team willing to pay him elite corner money. You only have so many resources and most of the elite teams just don't have room to pay him. He's not going to sign for pennies on the dollars and Pittsburgh might be the great team that can actually land him.

We land Donovan maybe he starts to think we can be a great team.

I saw Pittsburgh is losing something like 3 of 4 corners, so maybe.

If he wanted elite corner money, he could have stayed in Oakland for $15 mil per year. I doubt he leaves Oakland just to go to another team mired in question marks just to make elite corner money again. But I have no idea. Maybe it is as simple as he wants out from the dysfunction that is Oakland these days, and he would consider a team in a similar situation, as long as its not Oakland specifically.

All I'm saying is that if his priority is winning a SB, there are going to be teams better positioned to make that happen. And we won't really know which teams can bid on him until a new CBA is in place.

Asomugha is going to be the most sought after FA on the market. McNabb is still a Redskin.

Getting those guys may technically be possible at some point, but I think we're still a ways from "realistic" at this point.

My point is of the super Bowl caliber teams only 1 or 2 of them might have legitimate interest in him. Pittsburgh being the most probable. It's not a guarantee that a better franchise will have the right offer for him, but you're right that we won't know for sure until the CBA comes around.

I'm sure he wants to go to a winner but if the money isn't right I think it's much more money likely that he goes to the highest bidder. I'm not one to believe that he'll leave ridiculous money laying on the table so unless a team like Baltimore or Pittsburgh is willing to pay I think he's all talk right now.
Did you just quote yourself?

I would imagine that Nnamdi either stays in oakland or goes to the Jets. He's already stated that he'd love to play with Revis and the fact that Cromartie's contract is over, the Jets can make it happen.

only problem with him going to the Jets is if his ego gets in his way and says that he wants to be paid more than Revis and wants to be slotted as the #1 corner on the team.

I don't think he has that big of an ego though. He seems to be a humble person. Wasn't he just a finalist for a humanitarian award or something like that?
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Did you just quote yourself?

I would imagine that Nnamdi either stays in oakland or goes to the Jets. He's already stated that he'd love to play with Revis and the fact that Cromartie's contract is over, the Jets can make it happen.

only problem with him going to the Jets is if his ego gets in his way and says that he wants to be paid more than Revis and wants to be slotted as the #1 corner on the team.

I don't think he has that big of an ego though. He seems to be a humble person. Wasn't he just a finalist for a humanitarian award or something like that?

I meant to edit my post but ended up quoted myself on accident.

The Jets want to bring Cromartie back but only at the right price. The reality of the league is it's very hard to pay 2 players of the same position elite money. I don't expect Aso to turn down the bank.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 9, 2011 at 16:14:30 ]
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by ninersallday:
Originally posted by wadjay:
This is a typo right?

.... you meant UNrealistic... right?

No i meant wut i said n said wut i meant ha ha i think dats from a popeye cartoon.

THis is most likely to happen hell yeah n 2nd round in draft? (Alot of options)

Ponder, Carmichael-CB ???????

No offense, but I laughed out loud when I read this thread.
Nhamdi wants to go to a winner and that we are not. Yet.

This.

I think there should be a distinction between "possible" and "realistic". This is possible, but not realistic imo.

He wants to go to winning team. That doesn't mean he's going to find an elite team willing to pay him elite corner money. You only have so many resources and most of the elite teams just don't have room to pay him. He's not going to sign for pennies on the dollars and Pittsburgh might be the great team that can actually land him.

We land Donovan maybe he starts to think we can be a great team.

I saw Pittsburgh is losing something like 3 of 4 corners, so maybe.

If he wanted elite corner money, he could have stayed in Oakland for $15 mil per year. I doubt he leaves Oakland just to go to another team mired in question marks just to make elite corner money again. But I have no idea. Maybe it is as simple as he wants out from the dysfunction that is Oakland these days, and he would consider a team in a similar situation, as long as its not Oakland specifically.

All I'm saying is that if his priority is winning a SB, there are going to be teams better positioned to make that happen. And we won't really know which teams can bid on him until a new CBA is in place.

Asomugha is going to be the most sought after FA on the market. McNabb is still a Redskin.

Getting those guys may technically be possible at some point, but I think we're still a ways from "realistic" at this point.

My point is of the super Bowl caliber teams only 1 or 2 of them might have legitimate interest in him. Pittsburgh being the most probable. It's not a guarantee that a better franchise will have the right offer for him, but you're right that we won't know for sure until the CBA comes around.

I'm sure he wants to go to a winner but if the money isn't right I think it's much more money likely that he goes to the highest bidder. I'm not one to believe that he'll leave ridiculous money laying on the table so unless a team like Baltimore or Pittsburgh is willing to pay I think he's all talk right now.

Maybe so. I just don't believe he'd walk from a record contract with Oakland unless he had non-monetary reasons. Particularly when the league is in the middle of a labor dispute that could see the players piece of the pie actually shrink next year. But maybe he's looking for another signing bonus or maybe he's looking for a deal that lasts longer than one more year.

And who knows how far down the list of contenders we are in his mind. Its not only teams like Baltimore & Pittsburgh that matter. It just has to be a team he considers better than us. Teams like the Giants, Cowboys, Saints, Texans, etc could all be in the conversation after the CBA.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If the Raiders don't get a new contract and Asomugha hits free agency I don't see why SF isn't a possibility. I think most teams will be in the running but it depends if he wants to go to a contender or not. If he does he would probably have to be willing to accept less money. If not then SF is a reasonable destination because he went to CAL. Plus playing for the Raiders he could probably keep his house and not have to move if he didn't want to. However, he was born in Louisiana so that might come into play. As far as money goes I think we could offer him what most other teams could. I'd rather pay Nnamdi than Dashon, Manny, Aubrayo, etc.

As far as McNabb he is one of the few WCO QBs out there that are obtainable. If the Redskins cut him he wouldn't cost us anything. If they don't I doubt they would want much since the benched him and he wants out.

Have you seen this division.... 7-9 is playoffs!! O we could make the playoffs now if we had a guy like nnamdi we could make a push for it, and we might even when a game in the playoffs

I know Nnamdi wouldnt have fumbled in Atlanta.
i dont know why all of you are bashing this thread....its completely true

nnamdi is a free agent

mcnabb will probably be cut and be a free agent

and von miller is def. in the draft

all 3 things he posted are REALISTIC
all 3 players are realistic for the 49ers.

McNabb to me is the least likely just because QBs are needed on other teams as well so he could be wanted more than we think.

Asomugha is a hot commodity on the market, likely the top defender so he will be pursued. I think we have a better chance to get him than we actually think, Al Davis is as unpredictable as it gets, he may try to get Asomugha or he may not try at all. Loyalty only takes you so far, there's gonna be 5 new coaches next year for the Raiders and that pissed off some players who won't return. I think he'll want something better the niners could get him since he likely doesn't want to leave California and can remain in the Bay Area. Fangio will know how to use Nnamdi in his defense since Nnamdi is already used to the system already. I actually like our chances to get Asomugha.
Share 49ersWebzone