LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 273 users in the forums

Realistic to happen Asomugha-FA, Mcnabb-FA, Von Miller-Draft

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
looks good, very possible.

Nnamdi would be a great add, pair him with Nate who needs to restructure and Spencer, and we got a great CBs

Then McNabb and draft a guy like Kapernick or Ponder, awesome

Von at 7 could make a lot of sense, and then rd 2 and 3, get Ponder and Rock Carmichael.

Love this scenario.

I think the chance that Nate restructures his contract are nothing and beyond nothing.

I am worried about Von Miller`s weight or rather his lack of weight. If he weighs
240 pounds now, his playing weight is going to lower.
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
This is ridiculous.

we won't sign Nnamdi and Mcnabb sucks.

people say "yea, he'd be a great fit for our defense."

Nnamdi is the best cornerback in the nfl, he'll be a great fit for every other team out there.

lol this comming from a guy whos name is in honor of taylor mays, one of our WORST players. I agree it wont be easy to sign nnamdi, but it is very possible. Wont have 2 move, has the same agent as willis(who worked well with the 9er front office) ran a d similar to Fangio's. Mcnabb had a terrible year but a change of scenario can get him back to form. Guys a borderline hall of famer what is taylor mays?????? ps i hope mays pans out and improves but really man criticize mcnabb and give props to mays by making ur user name after him??

[ Edited by njninersfan420 on Feb 9, 2011 at 11:34:27 ]
i'd be happy with that, depending on what we have to pay mcnabb.
if we land Nnamdi and Peterson we are set at CB. That is so unlikely to happen, but if we could get one of the two I'd be ecstatic
This is ridiculous.

Nnamdi is the best cornerback in the nfl, he'll be a great fit for every other team out there.

All the "McNabb sucks" on this board, but year 7 will be the year Alex proves himself....

Not saying you're an Alex supporter.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This is ridiculous.

All the "McNabb sucks" on this board, but year 7 will be the year Alex proves himself....

^thats what im saying, plus hes a taylor mays fan. Taylor fn sucks
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by ninersallday:
Originally posted by wadjay:
This is a typo right?

.... you meant UNrealistic... right?

No i meant wut i said n said wut i meant ha ha i think dats from a popeye cartoon.

THis is most likely to happen hell yeah n 2nd round in draft? (Alot of options)

Ponder, Carmichael-CB ???????

No offense, but I laughed out loud when I read this thread.
Nhamdi wants to go to a winner and that we are not. Yet.

This.

I think there should be a distinction between "possible" and "realistic". This is possible, but not realistic imo.
Originally posted by Overkill:
This is a typo right?

No i meant wut i said n said wut i meant ha ha i think dats from a popeye cartoon.

This.

I think there should be a distinction between "possible" and "realistic". This is possible, but not realistic imo.

He wants to go to winning team. That doesn't mean he's going to find an elite team willing to pay him elite corner money. You only have so many resources and most of the elite teams just don't have room to pay him. He's not going to sign for pennies on the dollars and Pittsburgh might be the great team that can actually land him.

We land Donovan maybe he starts to think we can be a great team.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This is ridiculous.

^thats what im saying, plus hes a taylor mays fan. Taylor fn sucks

You do realize that taylor was a rookie last year right? Every rookie is going to go through rough patches. Earl Thomas got beat dozens of times last year, Eric Berry had rookie mistakes. To call Taylor Mays one of worst players is a bit of an overstatement. The games he started/played he performed like I would expect a rookie to. He had a great game when he started against the Falcons.

and if you don't want to call a player who is 6'3, 230 who runs a 4.4 and has a 41 inch vertical a beast, I'm not sure what else you call him

and Mcnabb got benched for REX GROSSMAN last year. That should tell you enough about him. I'd much rather have Alex Smith back.
McNabb sucks. I don't get how some of you guys bash Alex yet want McNabb on the team. McNabb sucked waaay more than Smith last year.

Originally posted by 1251alex:
McNabb sucks. I don't get how some of you guys bash Alex yet want McNabb on the team. McNabb sucked waaay more than Smith last year.

fact.
Originally posted by binary2nd:

fact.

Smith has never produced a winning season in the NFL.

We have twice as much talent on our team compared to Washington. They have no run game, and no weapons either.

It was a bad fit for McNabb, but let's try to look at more than a 1 season window.

4 NFC Championships and a Super Bowl appearance.
0 playoff games.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 9, 2011 at 14:48:13 ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
This is a typo right?

This.

He wants to go to winning team. That doesn't mean he's going to find an elite team willing to pay him elite corner money. You only have so many resources and most of the elite teams just don't have room to pay him. He's not going to sign for pennies on the dollars and Pittsburgh might be the great team that can actually land him.

I saw Pittsburgh is losing something like 3 of 4 corners, so maybe.

If he wanted elite corner money, he could have stayed in Oakland for $15 mil per year. I doubt he leaves Oakland just to go to another team mired in question marks just to make elite corner money again. But I have no idea. Maybe it is as simple as he wants out from the dysfunction that is Oakland these days, and he would consider a team in a similar situation, as long as its not Oakland specifically.

All I'm saying is that if his priority is winning a SB, there are going to be teams better positioned to make that happen. And we won't really know which teams can bid on him until a new CBA is in place.

Asomugha is going to be the most sought after FA on the market. McNabb is still a Redskin.

Getting those guys may technically be possible at some point, but I think we're still a ways from "realistic" at this point.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
This is a typo right?

This.

I saw Pittsburgh is losing something like 3 of 4 corners, so maybe.

If he wanted elite corner money, he could have stayed in Oakland for $15 mil per year. I doubt he leaves Oakland just to go to another team mired in question marks just to make elite corner money again. But I have no idea. Maybe it is as simple as he wants out from the dysfunction that is Oakland these days, and he would consider a team in a similar situation, as long as its not Oakland specifically.

All I'm saying is that if his priority is winning a SB, there are going to be teams better positioned to make that happen. And we won't really know which teams can bid on him until a new CBA is in place.

Asomugha is going to be the most sought after FA on the market. McNabb is still a Redskin.

Getting those guys may technically be possible at some point, but I think we're still a ways from "realistic" at this point.

My point is of the super Bowl caliber teams only 1 or 2 of them might have legitimate interest in him. Pittsburgh being the most probable. It's not a guarantee that a better franchise will have the right offer for him, but you're right that we won't know for sure until the CBA comes around.

I'm sure he wants to go to a winner but if the money isn't right I think it's much more money likely that he goes to the highest bidder.
Share 49ersWebzone