LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Realistic to happen Asomugha-FA, Mcnabb-FA, Von Miller-Draft

I'd be very happy if this were to happen and most realistic. Wow and great to hear how Jim Harbaugh is working hard juggling multi tasking all diff jobs at once. Championship just a matter of time.
This is a typo right?

.... you meant UNrealistic... right?
Originally posted by wadjay:
This is a typo right?

No i meant wut i said n said wut i meant ha ha i think dats from a popeye cartoon.
This is a typo right?

No i meant wut i said n said wut i meant ha ha i think dats from a popeye cartoon.

THis is most likely to happen hell yeah n 2nd round in draft? (Alot of options)

Ponder, Carmichael-CB ???????
If the Raiders don't get a new contract and Asomugha hits free agency I don't see why SF isn't a possibility. I think most teams will be in the running but it depends if he wants to go to a contender or not. If he does he would probably have to be willing to accept less money. If not then SF is a reasonable destination because he went to CAL. Plus playing for the Raiders he could probably keep his house and not have to move if he didn't want to. However, he was born in Louisiana so that might come into play. As far as money goes I think we could offer him what most other teams could. I'd rather pay Nnamdi than Dashon, Manny, Aubrayo, etc.

As far as McNabb he is one of the few WCO QBs out there that are obtainable. If the Redskins cut him he wouldn't cost us anything. If they don't I doubt they would want much since the benched him and he wants out.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 8, 2011 at 20:22:05 ]
Originally posted by ninersallday:
This is a typo right?

THis is most likely to happen hell yeah n 2nd round in draft? (Alot of options)

Ponder, Carmichael-CB ???????

No offense, but I laughed out loud when I read this thread.
Nhamdi wants to go to a winner and that we are not. Yet.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If the Raiders don't get a new contract and Asomugha hits free agency I don't see why SF isn't a possibility. I think most teams will be in the running but it depends if he wants to go to a contender or not. If he does he would probably have to be willing to accept less money. If not then SF is a reasonable destination because he went to CAL. Plus playing for the Raiders he could probably keep his house and not have to move if he didn't want to. However, he was born in Louisiana so that might come into play. As far as money goes I think we could offer him what most other teams could. I'd rather pay Nnamdi than Dashon, Manny, Aubrayo, etc.

As far as McNabb he is one of the few WCO QBs out there that are obtainable. If the Redskins cut him he wouldn't cost us anything. If they don't I doubt they would want much since the benched him and he wants out.

agreed I think this scenerio could actually happen. McNabb is DONE in Washington and with his WCO experience Harbaugh could tab him to be the guy for 1-3 years while we develope our QB of the future.

I think this team will sign a few FAs but only 1 big time, big money FA. Assuming McNabb wouldn't get a ton after his suckage in Wash my opinion is the team goes out and tries hard at landing a top end CB or OLB and drafts the opposite with the #7 pick. I really don't care if that means signing Asomugha and drafting Von Miller or signing someone like Hali or Woodley then drafting Peterson or Prince.

Another scenerio alot of people aren't talking about is drafting a OLB like Miller at #7 then trading up either to the top of the 2nd round or back end of the 1st and taking a CB like J.Smith.

We may take it easy in FA since we will likely re-sign Franklin, Baas, Spikes and maybe Lawson, Goldston. That along with acquiring a QB may not allow this team to go hard after other type A FAs
looks good, very possible.

Nnamdi would be a great add, pair him with Nate who needs to restructure and Spencer, and we got a great CBs

Then McNabb and draft a guy like Kapernick or Ponder, awesome

Von at 7 could make a lot of sense, and then rd 2 and 3, get Ponder and Rock Carmichael.

Love this scenario.

Have you seen this division.... 7-9 is playoffs!! O we could make the playoffs now if we had a guy like nnamdi we could make a push for it, and we might even when a game in the playoffs
Originally posted by matt49er:

agreed I think this scenerio could actually happen. McNabb is DONE in Washington and with his WCO experience Harbaugh could tab him to be the guy for 1-3 years while we develope our QB of the future.

I think this team will sign a few FAs but only 1 big time, big money FA. Assuming McNabb wouldn't get a ton after his suckage in Wash my opinion is the team goes out and tries hard at landing a top end CB or OLB and drafts the opposite with the #7 pick. I really don't care if that means signing Asomugha and drafting Von Miller or signing someone like Hali or Woodley then drafting Peterson or Prince.

Another scenerio alot of people aren't talking about is drafting a OLB like Miller at #7 then trading up either to the top of the 2nd round or back end of the 1st and taking a CB like J.Smith.

We may take it easy in FA since we will likely re-sign Franklin, Baas, Spikes and maybe Lawson, Goldston. That along with acquiring a QB may not allow this team to go hard after other type A FAs

Completely agree
...its like youre in el guapos head. I was gonna make a post but you covered it all.

Mcnabb very reasonable not having to give up a draft pick.....von miller at 7 and a cb in fa....or if we get a cb in the draft then a fa olb. Nice

We better have a backup plan if we sign Mcnabb, he got benched for Rex Grossman last year. He's rapidly declining, inaccurate, and has trouble picking up offensses. Would Carr still be the back up?
Originally posted by matt49er:

It all depends on the CBA. The FA/draft strategy you specified may not be in play. We may need to draft independent of FA. That means taking the best talent available when we pick.
I love this thread b/c I actually just posted on another site my perfect offseason would be Asomugha and McNabb in FA then Peterson or Prince at #7. I know a lot of ppl. like Miller and if Peterson or Prince aren't there then I agree that's who we take however, Peterson and Price will be Revis-like players in a year or two. You can't pass that up for a pass rusher. Pass rushers are MUCH easier to find then true shut down corners.

This year's top 10 leaders in INT's... 8 out of 10 were drafted in the first rd. The 4 "shut down" corners. Revis, Asomugha, Woodson and Champ (I know not so much anymore but in his prime) all 4 were 1st rd picks.

This year's top 10 leaders in Sacks... 5- 1st rds. 1- 2nd, 2- 3rd, 1- 4th, 1- Undrafted. Not to mention number 11 is Harrison from Pitt who was undrafted also.

Thought that was interesting...
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
I love this thread b/c I actually just posted on another site my perfect offseason would be Asomugha and McNabb in FA then Peterson or Prince at #7. I know a lot of ppl. like Miller and if Peterson or Prince aren't there then I agree that's who we take however, Peterson and Price will be Revis-like players in a year or two. You can't pass that up for a pass rusher. Pass rushers are MUCH easier to find then true shut down corners.

This year's top 10 leaders in INT's... 8 out of 10 were drafted in the first rd. The 4 "shut down" corners. Revis, Asomugha, Woodson and Champ (I know not so much anymore but in his prime) all 4 were 1st rd picks.

This year's top 10 leaders in Sacks... 5- 1st rds. 1- 2nd, 2- 3rd, 1- 4th, 1- Undrafted. Not to mention number 11 is Harrison from Pitt who was undrafted also.

Thought that was interesting...

If there so easy to find then why dont we have one. If we bring in Asomugha then I think we have to go with a pass rusher def. if nate restructurs. We need to get a pass rusher to help our CBs and if we have Asomugha, Clements, and Spencer I dont think we need to go CB in the first unless its Peterson just to great of a talent to pass up on. Really everything depends on Free Agency my views will change depending on what we chose to do.
This is ridiculous.

we won't sign Nnamdi and Mcnabb sucks.

people say "yea, he'd be a great fit for our defense."

Nnamdi is the best cornerback in the nfl, he'll be a great fit for every other team out there.
Share 49ersWebzone