There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does anyone think Kolb is actually worth 2 1st round picks?

Or even one?

I think the asking price for this guy is absurd. Let me get this straight, he's drafted 35th or 36th overall, has a career qb rating of around 70 and a TD/INT ratio if 11/14, and his value essentially triples? That's what the bears got Jay Cutler for (say what you want about cutler but he's a proven nfl QB)

I haven't been overly impressed with Kolb at all. The only thing is he's west coast offense experienced and Andy Reid approved, which is great.

I think eagles are undoubtedly just trying to generate high offers from teams. Does anyone feel he's worth the price? What am I missing?
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
1 -Search Kolb, there are multiple threads already.

2-
Quote:
Buzz around the water cooler at Senior Bowl practices placed a second-round or possible late-first round trade value on Kevin Kolb.
SI.com's Peter King has been adamant that the Eagles will not move Kolb, but ESPN's Adam Schefter now reports the team will entertain offers. Kolb is only signed through 2011, so GM Howie Roseman would be remiss if he didn't at least consider flipping him for a first-round pick and signing a veteran to back up Michael Vick. The 49ers, Cardinals, Vikings, Titans, Panthers and perhaps even the Browns could be interested in Kolb.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
1 -Search Kolb, there are multiple threads already.

2-
Quote:
Buzz around the water cooler at Senior Bowl practices placed a second-round or possible late-first round trade value on Kevin Kolb.
SI.com's Peter King has been adamant that the Eagles will not move Kolb, but ESPN's Adam Schefter now reports the team will entertain offers. Kolb is only signed through 2011, so GM Howie Roseman would be remiss if he didn't at least consider flipping him for a first-round pick and signing a veteran to back up Michael Vick. The 49ers, Cardinals, Vikings, Titans, Panthers and perhaps even the Browns could be interested in Kolb.

this
My bad, my bad.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Personally, i wouldnt give up even a 3rd rounder for Kolb.. He's done nothing enuff for me to give up high draft pick..

if the 9ers do have a plan on drafting a QB with their 1st pick, i really wouldnt mind trading or pickin up Brady Quinn (Broncos).. the guy is young and bright.. he just never got the chance he deserved at Cleveland.. I would rather have him than Kolb especially IF we are goin to draft a QB..
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Nope
No, but he's definitely isn't worth two, 1st round picks.

IMO, he's easily worth a 2nd though. I think he's better than any draft prospect or FA available. He has a better skill set and he's further along in the WCO than anyone else we could land.
Originally posted by strickac:
No, but he's definitely isn't worth two, 1st round picks.

IMO, he's easily worth a 2nd though. I think he's better than any draft prospect or FA available. He has a better skill set and he's further along in the WCO than anyone else we could land.

If free agency doesn't happen until after the draft I'd wouldn't be upset if we gave up our 2012 2nd and 3rd round picks to bring in Kolb.
noooooooooooooooooooooooo
What do you all think about Matt Flynn? Plays in WCO, came in in a big game against a good team and played good. Most importantly he showed he's a gamer and provided that spark. He would probably be cheaper too
Nope. Maybeeee a second if we get another pick back but still.
And just to clarify, I saw an article saying that they wanted two first round picks. Haven't heard anything about them dropping the price until those two first responses
hell.to.the.no

I don't even think he's worth one 1st round pick. Probably a 2nd rounder.
Originally posted by DaveTheShocker:
What do you all think about Matt Flynn? Plays in WCO, came in in a big game against a good team and played good. Most importantly he showed he's a gamer and provided that spark. He would probably be cheaper too

Yeah I actually might rather have Matty Flynn.
Probably Eagles didn't expect two No 1's either. But it don't hurt to ask.