There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

robert quinn vs von miller

robert quinn vs von miller

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I wouldn't be suprised if Quinn goes #1 overall. That would shake up a lot of mock drafts.

That would be an awfully ballsy move. To draft a guy who missed an entire season because of NCAA violations and who had a brain tumor a few years back? Not saying he's a bad kid at all, or that the tumor issue is a continuing concer (it's not), but those are two pretty big issues to look past when you're thinking of giving a kid #1 overall money.

Talent-wise, he's absolutely worthy...it's the other things that Quinn has dealt with that make Bowers a safer bet.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I wouldn't be suprised if Quinn goes #1 overall. That would shake up a lot of mock drafts.

It would be a big risk with so many good D players available, but it would definately send the mock makers scrambling wondering what they did wrong.

Agree it would be risky. But if he blows up the combine, does well on interviews.. it would be easy to connect the dots and have him going to Carolina.
I will be extremely happy with either at #7.
Originally posted by genus49:
I'd like to see this poll put up after the combine.

Tomorrow you guys will see what Quinn can do. Unfortunately it likely means both guys will be gone before pick #7 :(

Tomorrow you guys will see what Quinn can do. Unfortunately it likely means both guys will be gone before pick #7 :(

That could probably help peterson slip to 7.
Originally posted by Hopper:

All three of these guys gone before 7 would be piss me off!!!

Newton and Gabbert have to make it in the top six for us to land one for sure. We may get one if one of them makes it. Watch out though...Julio Jones may go to Cleveland if Cincy takes Green. That would be awesome.

Quinn will move up boards after tomorrow for sure and Miller will solidify himself as top seven. Quinn could be top five and take Miller's place in AZ mocks. I remember saying that before due to the combine and his size. 6'5", 265! He's just bigger than Von, period.

Doesn't mean he's better. They both would rock in our system. I just like Miller's overall package as an OLB than Quinn.

To be honest, I want them more than Peterson. I just want a pass rusher!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Hopper:

All three of these guys gone before 7 would be piss me off!!!

Newton and Gabbert have to make it in the top six for us to land one for sure. We may get one if one of them makes it. Watch out though...Julio Jones may go to Cleveland if Cincy takes Green. That would be awesome.

Quinn will move up boards after tomorrow for sure and Miller will solidify himself as top seven. Quinn could be top five and take Miller's place in AZ mocks. I remember saying that before due to the combine and his size. 6'5", 265! He's just bigger than Von, period.

Doesn't mean he's better. They both would rock in our system. I just like Miller's overall package as an OLB than Quinn.

To be honest, I want them more than Peterson. I just want a pass rusher!

Agree, I just want a pass rusher
I would love either one of these players. I am of the belief that an elite pass rusher is more valuable than an elite CB. I think an elite pass rusher like a Clay Matthews blows up an offensive game plan more than an elite CB like a Revis. A CB can only take 1 WR out of the game whereas a pass rusher can keep the QB off of his game. Also a great pass rush helps the coverage.
Originally posted by epdavis:
I would love either one of these players. I am of the belief that an elite pass rusher is more valuable than an elite CB. I think an elite pass rusher like a Clay Matthews blows up an offensive game plan more than an elite CB like a Revis. A CB can only take 1 WR out of the game whereas a pass rusher can keep the QB off of his game. Also a great pass rush helps the coverage.

a great pass rusher is only felt maybe 10 times a game AT MOST on a typical 40 play game

an elite cb is there every single play give or take 1 or 2 blown coverage plays a game
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

a great pass rusher is only felt maybe 10 times a game AT MOST on a typical 40 play game

an elite cb is there every single play give or take 1 or 2 blown coverage plays a game

What game has 40 plays for one team?

A QB will throw the ball 20-40 times a game. You think a great pass rusher will only rush the passer 10 times???
Originally posted by rayn36:

A QB will throw the ball 20-40 times a game. You think a great pass rusher will only rush the passer 10 times???

rushing and getting to the qb are two different things and when i say at most 10 that is being generous usually its more around 5-8 for a great rush lb
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM ]

rushing and getting to the qb are two different things and when i say at most 10 that is being generous usually its more around 5-8 for a great rush lb

And the top WRs are only targeted about 7-10 times a game. Both are important, but a CB can only nullify one WR. A pass rusher is active against the run and when effective getting pressure, he disrupts the the entire play (effectively, multiple receivers).

You can argue it both ways, but I think a pass rush is the more consistant and effective weapon. The Steelers dominate with their pass rush, while the Ravens showed that even with a pass rush, you can still be vulnerable against the pass with a weak secondary.

That is where I disagree. You don't think Freeney's presence is felt every time he rushes the passer? If the offense game plans for a single player (pass rusher or cb), it benefits the rest of the def. Anytime a player receives extra attention from the opposing team, it opens things for his teammates. Aside from pass rush, Quinn can have an impact on the run as well.

That is where I disagree. You don't think Freeney's presence is felt every time he rushes the passer? If the offense game plans for a single player (pass rusher or cb), it benefits the rest of the def. Anytime a player receives extra attention from the opposing team, it opens things for his teammates. Aside from pass rush, Quinn can have an impact on the run as well.

lol i know that i started this thread and i am right up there in the quinn bandwagon but if i had to choose between shutdown corner (revis or namdi) or a elite pass rusher(ware, freeney, woodly etc) id take the shutdown corner so if its up to peterson or quinn im taking peterson shutdown corners are rare they are rarely taken out of first round and they usually arent more than 3 or 4 in nfl at a time
where great pass rushers cn be found in all rounds and they are much more common

and shutdown corners require gameplanning too he basically takes out a whole side of the field

lol i know that i started this thread and i am right up there in the quinn bandwagon but if i had to choose between shutdown corner (revis or namdi) or a elite pass rusher(ware, freeney, woodly etc) id take the shutdown corner so if its up to peterson or quinn im taking peterson shutdown corners are rare they are rarely taken out of first round and they usually arent more than 3 or 4 in nfl at a time
where great pass rushers cn be found in all rounds and they are much more common

and shutdown corners require gameplanning too he basically takes out a whole side of the field

We can agree on Quinn but shut-down corners shut down one receiver. I agree with those who think a great pass rusher has greater impact. Even hurries disrupt the offense and the hits on the QB really shake things up. So, if Quinn and Peterson are both great at their positions I will take Quinn.