There are 155 users in the forums

robert quinn vs von miller

robert quinn vs von miller

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I want neither... Cam Jordan FOR THE WIN!!!! he's the best End in this and is a 3-4 one at that!!!
Size, Check no doubt he lives up to it unlike the other 2...
First step, Check
Talent Watch against usc and he's being double teamed all game, and winning... Against a top tackle..
Speed, Power... Got both and he's not a small 240 pound guy...
Tackle.. Yes better then either of the 2 guys in this thread.
System... 3-4 end...
Last Name, unlike most players who fallow their fathers footsteps and never amount to anything.... Kids got the talent to do just that, be a first rounder and a future probowler learning from justin smith!!!

Dareus is a much better 3-4 DE.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
I want neither... Cam Jordan FOR THE WIN!!!! he's the best End in this and is a 3-4 one at that!!!
First step, Check
Talent Watch against usc and he's being double teamed all game, and winning... Against a top tackle..
System... 3-4 end...
Last Name, unlike most players who fallow their fathers footsteps and never amount to anything.... Kids got the talent to do just that, be a first rounder and a future probowler learning from justin smith!!!

no way he comes to us though
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
First step, Check
System... 3-4 end...

No way Aaron Rodgers lasts to 24. Or Crabtree drops to us. Right?
Originally posted by rayn36:
First step, Check
System... 3-4 end...

No way Aaron Rodgers lasts to 24. Or Crabtree drops to us. Right?

crabtree was injured and didnt even attend the combine aaron rodgers is a qb and since only 1 can start per team if a tema doesnt feel they need 1 there is no point wasting a 1st round pick on it
von miller
Robert quinn:http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2010/11/12/1810510/robert-quinn-nfl-draft-scouting-report

von miller: http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/1/20/1947161/von-miller-nfl-draft-scouting-report

pretty detailed scouting reports on both teams i like quinn a bit better
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I won't compare Von to Maybin - but I do believe 4-3 will get the absolute best out of Von Miller. Von Miller reminds me about Julian Peterson and Peterson was a damn good player, but in 4-3. Peterson could still play in 3-4, but wasn't as effective as he was in 4-3.

I would agree with this. Peterson really got engulfed by OL and had a problem getting off blocks as well. Miller isn't going to be able to blow by every OL to get to the QB. Plus if you are one dimensional, which I haven't looked at Miller enough to know if he is, teams will figure that out. We already have guys like Haralson who's only move is to go around and most of the time you get pushed 5 yards past the QB. If Miller can bulk up say 10-15 pounds and add keep the speed he would be better off. He will have to get stronger... basically saying to be a complete package worth #7 he will have to be able to bull rush as well. Plus, like I said he has to be able to fight off blocks. I like Lawson but having two guys who are undersized isn't going to work. I'd rather have a Woodley, Merriman type to go along with Lawson.

As for Quinn... he's going to have to show up in shape to the combine. Haven't read anything about what he has been doing as far as work outs go. He better have gotten stronger in his year off.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 8, 2011 at 18:38:59 ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Quinn is 6'5" and 270, while Miller is 6'2" and 230. That is quite a difference when it comes to holding the edge. Don't know how much either could add but both are very quick. Just watching Quinn makes me think he has that extra burst. Very seldom does Sporting news use words like "shockingly productive." The year off doesn't really bother me.

He's not 230, but that's funny. Instead, he'll end up at a playing weight of 245, IMO. That's all he needs. Now Quinn is truly a specimine. I have already said that at the Combine, Quinn will keep his lead above Miller because of his size, speed and strength combo. I am sure he can be taught better technique and not argument that Quinn's upside is higher, heck he's at least 6'4" and 260 and possibly faster than Quinn and Matthews.

I just dig Miller's play and I do like Quinn, too. Like I said before either one would be a perfect fit for Fangio's D. Nice to have a possible choice in Dareus, Quinn, Miller and Amukamara. And if Gabbert jumps up like Sanchez, then we have some serious options, no?

How lucky though we are in having these guys as true options at #7. Really.

Sporting News list Miller at 237, but also has him going 3rd and Quinn going 11th. So, even though they really like Quinn, they see Miller as more likely to be picked early. Some of that could be the year off and character concerns. They have Austin going toward the bottom of the first or early second and Cameron Jordan is slated at 16.

Yes, it is nice to see how many choices the 9ers will have to improve their defense. I would still like to see them trade down and up for more late 1st or 2nd round picks if possible.

Edit: They (SN) have Dareus dropping out of the first round?! Haven't seen that elsewhere.

Sorry to be quoting myself, but Sporting News just came out with an updated mock and Dareus has now moved to #1. Can't figure out how they are making these wholesale changes...a tarot reading?
Quinn is 6'5" and 270, while Miller is 6'2" and 230. That is quite a difference when it comes to holding the edge. Don't know how much either could add but both are very quick. Just watching Quinn makes me think he has that extra burst. Very seldom does Sporting news use words like "shockingly productive." The year off doesn't really bother me.

He's not 230, but that's funny. Instead, he'll end up at a playing weight of 245, IMO. That's all he needs. Now Quinn is truly a specimine. I have already said that at the Combine, Quinn will keep his lead above Miller because of his size, speed and strength combo. I am sure he can be taught better technique and not argument that Quinn's upside is higher, heck he's at least 6'4" and 260 and possibly faster than Quinn and Matthews.

I just dig Miller's play and I do like Quinn, too. Like I said before either one would be a perfect fit for Fangio's D. Nice to have a possible choice in Dareus, Quinn, Miller and Amukamara. And if Gabbert jumps up like Sanchez, then we have some serious options, no?

Sporting News list Miller at 237, but also has him going 3rd and Quinn going 11th. So, even though they really like Quinn, they see Miller as more likely to be picked early. Some of that could be the year off and character concerns. They have Austin going toward the bottom of the first or early second and Cameron Jordan is slated at 16.

Yes, it is nice to see how many choices the 9ers will have to improve their defense. I would still like to see them trade down and up for more late 1st or 2nd round picks if possible.

Edit: They (SN) have Dareus dropping out of the first round?! Haven't seen that elsewhere.

Sorry to be quoting myself, but Sporting News just came out with an updated mock and Dareus has now moved to #1. Can't figure out how they are making these wholesale changes...a tarot reading?

before they had him out of the first round then next updated they had him 1 overall if its same person making mock dont listen to him he has no idea whats what
What about Aldon Smith? What do you guys think about him? Wes Bunting is pretty high on him IIRC.

before they had him out of the first round then next updated they had him 1 overall if its same person making mock dont listen to him he has no idea whats what

They actually moved twice over the past month with Dareus out of the first, around #10 and now #1. I would assume a staff works on the mock but don't know for sure. I use the site because it's easy to get a quick read on players. Never trusted their mocks but this year really seems erratic.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 15, 2011 at 21:01:53 ]
robert quinn 6 ft 4 in 265 lbs

von miller 6 ft 03 in 246lbs
robert quinn 6 ft 4 in 265 lbs

von miller 6 ft 03 in 246lbs

I have heard that VM models himself after Derrick Thomas.

Derrick Thomas 6'3" 255 http://www.nfl.com/players/derrickthomas/profile?id=THO103054

I think he can probably add 8-10 pounds of muscle and be that type of quick/strong attacking player.
I like that Miller added weight but 246 is still small... Most of the top OLB in the 3-4 are 260-265 or so. Very few that are below 250. Still even if Miller adds another 5 pounds he doesn't seem like that strong of a man to me. His frame doesn't say Merriman, Woodley, Harrison, Suggs, etc...
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I like that Miller added weight but 246 is still small... Most of the top OLB in the 3-4 are 260-265 or so. Very few that are below 250. Still even if Miller adds another 5 pounds he doesn't seem like that strong of a man to me. His frame doesn't say Merriman, Woodley, Harrison, Suggs, etc...

Exactly right. His frame isn't gonna allow for much more weight. He's gonna be a real big liability when teams run at him, and OTs that get their hands on him will stone his pass rush. Could he add enough bulk to anchor and power through blocks? Sure... it's possible, but doubtful... but you don't spend a top 10 pick on "possible, but doubtful"... not unless you're a solid team that can take that luxury.
Share 49ersWebzone