LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 379 users in the forums

Harbaughs Stanford players

Guys available are:

Richard Sherman DB
Owen Marecic FB
Thomas Keiser OLB
Sione Fua NT

Thoughts on these guys? I was pretty impressed with Sherman in the Senior Bowl. He had 1 bad play where he bit on a double move but recovered in time to break up the pass. He had an INT that was caled back on a offsides penalty and he had a few passes defensed and big hits.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Guys available are:

Richard Sherman DB
Owen Marecic FB
Thomas Keiser OLB
Sione Fua NT

Thoughts on these guys? I was pretty impressed with Sherman in the Senior Bowl. He had 1 bad play where he bit on a double move but recovered in time to break up the pass. He had an INT that was caled back on a offsides penalty and he had a few passes defensed and big hits.

WR Ryan Whalen too, played in the East-West Shrine Game
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Guys available are:

Richard Sherman DB
Owen Marecic FB
Thomas Keiser OLB
Sione Fua NT

WR Ryan Whalen too, played in the East-West Shrine Game

Oh yeah I forgot about him.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Guys available are:

Richard Sherman DB
Owen Marecic FB
Thomas Keiser OLB
Sione Fua NT

I thought Fua was good, Sherman better than thought, Marecic wasnt asked to do much so hard to say, and I cant say I remember seeing Keiser at all?
Originally posted by JDog:
Guys available are:

Richard Sherman DB
Owen Marecic FB
Thomas Keiser OLB
Sione Fua NT

I thought Fua was good, Sherman better than thought, Marecic wasnt asked to do much so hard to say, and I cant say I remember seeing Keiser at all?

Yeah Keiser is a junior that entered the draft so he wasnt in the senior bowl. But from what I've seen he's a pretty decent player.
I thought Fua looked good atthe senior bowl today, Shermand did okay except for biting on a double move with 6 seconds left in the half when it was obvious the South team was throwing a hail mary. I don't know what he was thinking there.
Guys available are:

Richard Sherman DB
Owen Marecic FB
Thomas Keiser OLB
Sione Fua NT

I could see us drafting Marecic... Norris is long in the tooth... Need a replacement there..
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Fua seems like the perfect fit for our 1 gap 3-4 defense. He won't dominate, but he'll do his job well.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Fua seems like the perfect fit for our 1 gap 3-4 defense. He won't dominate, but he'll do his job well.

Certainly can't keep franchising Franklin forever. Need a solid replacement.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Oue entire d-line starters will be over 30 if Franklin is resigned at the start of the new season

Agree, would like to ge Fua & Sherman w/ a late round pick

Oue entire d-line starters will be over 30 if Franklin is resigned at the start of the new season

This is kind of offtopic but since I've been beating this drum... Dareus or Jordan please.

But yeah I would like to get Fua and Sherman with a late round pick. Especially Sherman, I see a lot of potential with him. He looks like a good athlete and he has size. Definitely could turn into a play maker back there or atleast a decent match up for the bigger recievers.
Originally posted by tohara3:

I wouldn't be mad at these picks, but I don't see either making an immediate impact or anything special.
Originally posted by Ibleedgoldnred:
Originally posted by tohara3:

I wouldn't be mad at these picks, but I don't see either making an immediate impact or anything special.

I don't think they would make great impacts, but would be some good role players!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fakers23:
Guys available are:

Richard Sherman DB
Owen Marecic FB
Thomas Keiser OLB
Sione Fua NT

I could see us drafting Marecic... Norris is long in the tooth... Need a replacement there..

If/When a CBA is signed I see us pursuing Le'Ron McClain pretty hard. He is way hungry, wants more carries and a decent pass catcher, pretty good at protection as well. I am not going to bank on Harbaugh going after any of his players, Baalke will be the final call and people have been talking about Sione Fua lacking in the pass rush department. That is something we need and Harbaugh knows he can't afford to play favorites. Sherman could be a good depth providing CB as well, so I'll put him down but I don't see him making moves on Marecic, Kaiser, or Whalen.
Share 49ersWebzone