There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

niners should trade for another first rounder

it seems the past couple of years the niners trade for another first rounder which this year should be perfect to do that because there are players in the draft that can help the niners out now. i dont know who they should get but i wanted to know what you guys think about them getting an additional first rounder
if certain guys fall we wont need to trade up

fingers crossed for Houston
hopefully gabbert falls into our laps or a really good corner
More 2nd rounders and clean house on the talent that other teams overlooked, wouldnt mind trading back around the 14th-19th pick range if we could stack a first or 2nd rounder from a team next year.
Originally posted by Giants76:

Gabbert sounds too much like Alex Smith. Give me Quinn or Amukamarra or Von Miller. Locker could be sitting there in the second, and if Harbaugh likes hime, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded into the late 20s to pick him up.
If possible, my dream scenario

Sign a guy like Hasselbeck for a yr

Draft Amukamara or Peterson at 7, I dont think Dareus is there at 7
Trade up into rd 1, get Justin Houston, OLB Georgia

Get Owen Marecic, Sione Fua, Chris Carter and Ryan Whalen in later rounds.

and of course get a QB, maybe Devlin if he falls.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
If possible, my dream scenario

Sign a guy like Hasselbeck for a yr

Draft Amukamara or Peterson at 7, I dont think Dareus is there at 7
Trade up into rd 1, get Justin Houston, OLB Georgia

Get Owen Marecic, Sione Fua, Chris Carter and Ryan Whalen in later rounds.

and of course get a QB, maybe Devlin if he falls.

I am praying that Houston falls. A run at OT has to happen at some point and I'm not sure when but I think he goes after that runs starts.
no to Hasselbeck, he has been super injury prone the last few years. As for the rest I like I would like to get Stanzi though. I wasn't to impressed with Devlin.
Originally posted by backontop:
no to Hasselbeck, he has been super injury prone the last few years. As for the rest I like I would like to get Stanzi though. I wasn't to impressed with Devlin.

yeah, stanzi is my guy too, buty i see him in rd 2, unless we trade a future 1, then we wonty get him.

And Devlin i like, but wasnt impressive either.
I like the guy that was with Nevada. He's mobile and looks like he Got a good upside
I've said this before and I'll say it again. In the past 11 drafts as many a 4 QBs being taken in the first round has only happened twice. And those were QB heavy drafts with elite prospects. Including when Eli, Rivers, and Rothlisberger were all taken in the top 11 in 2004.

So, this year, with no clear #1 QB and plenty of questions about all the "first round" talents, it is almost a certainty that at least one, (maybe more) of them fall to the second round.

In fact, during that time period, the most common thing to happen is only 2 QBs are taken in round one.

So, if anything, we need to either trade back for another second rounder and/or trade up to get one. The top of the second round should be littered with great talent, including the best values at QB.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
I've said this before and I'll say it again. In the past 11 drafts as many a 4 QBs being taken in the first round has only happened twice. And those were QB heavy drafts with elite prospects. Including when Eli, Rivers, and Rothlisberger were all taken in the top 11 in 2004.

So, this year, with no clear #1 QB and plenty of questions about all the "first round" talents, it is almost a certainty that at least one, (maybe more) of them fall to the second round.

In fact, during that time period, the most common thing to happen is only 2 QBs are taken in round one.

So, if anything, we need to either trade back for another second rounder and/or trade up to get one. The top of the second round should be littered with great talent, including the best values at QB.

Mallett will not be a first round pick, book it. I'd be surprised if he's a 3rd if the thing about being a drug addict is true.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Giants76:

Gabbert sounds too much like Alex Smith. Give me Quinn or Amukamarra or Von Miller. Locker could be sitting there in the second, and if Harbaugh likes hime, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded into the late 20s to pick him up.

this.

#7 prince, or miller
trade back up into 20s and get Locker