There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Peterson vs. Jones or Green

So looking at Green's and Jones's stats, looks like they had some real good games against LSU, but I'm not sure if Peterson was covering them the whole time, or not. Is anyone familiar with the match-ups able to provide any insight? Really curious how this prospect does against elite NFL caliber competition
[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on Jan 22, 2011 at 11:43 PM ]
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
So looking at Julio Jones's stats, looks like he had some real good games against LSU, but I'm not sure if Peterson was covering him the whole time, or not. Is anyone familiar with the match-up able to provide any insight? Really curious how this prospect does against elite NFL caliber competition

I know that in his matchups against Jones, Peterson did pretty well in 09. I believe he even had 2 picks against him.
Originally posted by Hades49:
So looking at Julio Jones's stats, looks like he had some real good games against LSU, but I'm not sure if Peterson was covering him the whole time, or not. Is anyone familiar with the match-up able to provide any insight? Really curious how this prospect does against elite NFL caliber competition

I know that in his matchups against Jones, Peterson did pretty well in 09. I believe he even had 2 picks against him.

no he didn't. Jones had over 100 yards and a TD on 4 receptions. Peterson did knock down 3 passes. No INTs
found this on their matchup this past season, the guys at draftcountdown are usually a good read

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43648
aaaahhhhhh!!! Who is that guy???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hiyP2VnQdA&feature=related
Originally posted by Hades49:

no he didn't. Jones had over 100 yards and a TD on 4 receptions. Peterson did knock down 3 passes. No INTs

Okay. I know he had a pick lined up on Marqueze Maze. And he had that pick on Julio that was called incomplete after review. BS call. Even though it's college, Peterson made a hell of a play getting his toe down on the sideline
aaaahhhhhh!!! Who is that guy???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hiyP2VnQdA&feature=related

Everyone gets beat...it's how often it happens is what makes one corner better than others.
There are no shutdown corners in college, the game is different.
What is projected is athletic ability, speed, and instincts in which he has superior talent.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
What is projected is athletic ability, speed, and instincts in which he has superior talent.

how fluid are his hips?
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

how fluid are his hips?

His hips are like water.
He looks like Ed Reed on the field. In many ways.
Originally posted by rayn36:

Yeah, and this is why many people think his position will be safety. From a pure corner standpoint, Amukamara could be the better player. But Peterson has this "Ed Reed"-look that could make him special
Originally posted by stever:
Originally posted by rayn36:

Yeah, and this is why many people think his position will be safety. From a pure corner standpoint, Amukamara could be the better player. But Peterson has this "Ed Reed"-look that could make him special

To add to that:

Historically, CBs have been valued more highly than safeties. I think we have seen examples where an elite safety can have a greater impact than an elite CB + the fact that it is almost impossible for CBs to cover good WRs 1 on 1 anymore. QBs can avoid CBs but have to account for safeties esp the Ed Reed and Polamalu-caliber ones.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home